hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Devastation that is slowly turning into apathy.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Gutted, completely gutted.

I could take losing that final under different circumstances: different ref, our players not being pussies.

But the way it panned out was just ridiculous.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    That was the most horrifying experience of my life and it will forever be burned into my memory. I will never forget that, ever, and I will never be able to feel anything but immense sadness at the thought of the game.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was the most horrifying experience of my life and it will forever be burned into my memory. I will never forget that, ever, and I will never be able to feel anything but immense sadness at the thought of the game.
    For your sake, I hope that it remains that way. If it does, then you will lead a very good life.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    This.

I've had two sleeps since the game and its just sinking in. I'm gutted but defiant. The crowd were fantastic and the blame lies elsewhere so its colours time and if anyone comments I'll just say it like it is...we're mince on the park just now but next year will be different.
    Its as if yesterday has somehow made me more determined to go along next season and help.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Kinda numbed to the pain these days.
    To use a boxing analogy its like rope a dope!

I think we're just being battered into submission, either that or apathy comes along first.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Those claiming to feel "numb", won't feel that way for long. It just hasn't hit home for them yet.

I feel like my Heart has been ripped out.

I wish I could just dismiss yesterday and move on as if nothing has happened.

I have felt absolutely sick ever since I left Hampden yesterday, as soon as their 5th went in.

I have got used to losing to them in league games, these defeats hurt at the time but they happen so often that I'm over them within a day at the most.

But to have put in such a horrendous performance and lost so heavily in a cup final against them is just all my nightmares rolled into one and I feel so sick right now. This is going to take a long time to recover from and there's no way that I'm going to be able to just dismiss this and move on by today or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    .....not half as bad as they would have expected. If you'd told me "you're going to get murdered 5-1 in only the 2nd SC Final of your lifetime by your fiercest rivals, how will you feel" I'd have said (after giving them a slap): absolutely devastated, gutted etc.

But I woke up this morning, am off to play a spot of golf, then some lunch before heading back down the road this evening. As long as I avoid the centre/west of town as much as possible, it could pretty much be any other Sunday.

Anyone else feeling like this? Don't get me wrong, yesterday was awful, but maybe I've just become numb to the effects of humiliating Derby Day defeats (a bad sign in its own right).

Yes and that is what is worrying me. Been watching Hibs for 51 years, been to Hungary and Hampden Anderlecht and Airdrie Liege and Livingston and many points in between. Cannot believe I am not suicidal today. Hibs are still a very important part of my life and would not change anything, well except yesterday's result so feel strange that I am not more upset. Just wish some players and the board at ER cared as much as some of the fans do.

I really worry for the club in the next few years as I fear yesterday will put many off returning. Life for many these days is hard work and many do look to their club for some sort of salvation. Sadly it looks like we are hell bent on doing more for the Yams than we are doing for ourselves.

I do believe we will be back but let us not kid ourselves the recovery from yesterday will be long and painful.

GGTTH.

I agree with the opening post, but totally agree with everybody else who is gutted as well. Two things stand out for me though, firstly it's done now, we can't change it, so we have to move on, painful though it is, and rebuild a virtually new team for next season which can actually compete with teams like Hearts on a regular basis. Secondly, it would be nice just once in a while to actually play Hearts, in cup games, when we have a strong enough team to compete against them. That Hibs team yesterday was sub-standard, and the team that lost to them in 2006 in the semi-final was missing key players for different reasons (O'Connor, Riordan, Brown). For us to have beaten Hearts yesterday we needed to do something different, something they wern't expecting, that could change the way they play as well. The current team seem to be incapable of that, but it'll be a very different team that plays them the next time we meet them. It was a very sad day yesterday, but we'll be back, and we can only get stronger from here. And we will get stronger.

I think the fact that we were all reminded of who Hibs are, and who we are, with the presence of so many Hibbies, all with one goal, one dream in mind, has consoled me no end. Our end was bouncing from the off, theirs was not. Much rather be a Hibby than a Jambo, regardless of the results. :pfgwa

I walked proudly through the town last night. refusing to remove my colours to get into pubs who don't care. Well done to mathers Bar for letting in both colours and allowing us to test the waters of mixing with them.
    Proud of the colours Mind you not of the team.

I think numbness today, a little despair at the lack of a team who care. Really not looking forward to tomorrow though. Hope the yams show mercy and we can accept a few jibes.
    After all they did really hand out a gubbing.
    Hopefully, after a couple of weeks we'll be able to get back on to the 7-0 line.
    My worst nightmare yesterday was that they would go at it hard enough to top that one.
    luckily they decided to pi** about

Glad to hear about PF statement. At least one person in the club realises how much we care.

(not a time for smilies)

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    For your sake, I hope that it remains that way. If it does, then you will lead a very good life.
    This