hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bus No 6!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaFletcher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of the good memories I'll have of today is the laughs had on bus no 6. That retro 1988 ish? School bus was a true fighter even when Hibs weren't! Nice to meet you all, thanks to Mikey and co and the drivers for sorting it all.
    Hi again,(I was in next seat with the Hibs songs on the phone) You dropped one of your scarfs, i picked it up so will give you it back at start of season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by davrock View Post
    Hi again,(I was in next seat with the Hibs songs on the phone) You dropped one of your scarfs, i picked it up so will give you it back at start of season.
    Thanks so much! Problem is when you dress like the Hibs shop you are bound to lose a few things! I lost my Hibs flag too... En route to Hampden... Could my day have got any worse.

I'll message you nearer the season or maybe pre season to collect. Thanks again!

Obsessed with the Hibees
    If this was purple bus that broke down just short of Newbridge I got a text from my brother saying he had broken down.

We were just passing Lvngston so timing was perfect, picked him up on hard shoulder dropped him and his partner in Edinburgh where the went for meal.

I hope he enjoyed it not spoken to him today he was hurting badly last night

One day I hope he and his kids get to experience a Scottish cup win football is important in our lives but not as important as family,and me and son have experienced it twice together and as long as you don't beat Hearts along the way I hope Hibs fans get to enjoy the feeling one day

It means so much more to our fans than it does to the Old Firm who know they will be back in a year or so. I said to my laddie in 2006 to enjoy (he was 7) as he could be a grown man before he experienced it again....if ever... so yesterday wa a bonus

A big thakyou to Alasdair bus convener....tough day at hampden then to have to deal with that. Got to say when the bus broke down I have a good chuckle everytime i think of it....well done all in the bus we took it well.

Bus broke down on the M8? Get over it!

After the AEK game, us Lancashire Hibs guys had our coach breakdown (well, run out of diesel actually!) at the side of the M6 in Cumbria well after midnight! That's a proper breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMG View Post
    Bus broke down on the M8? Get over it!

After the AEK game, us Lancashire Hibs guys had our coach breakdown (well, run out of diesel actually!) at the side of the M6 in Cumbria well after midnight! That's a proper breakdown.
    We are over it....it was just a good laugh....you guys nare hardcore breakdown experts!

First Team Breakthrough littleplum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester B View Post
    Thanks to my mate Kevin for not telling me his .net username ever so found him on Bus 6
    Last edited by Mikey; 21-05-2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Fixed quotes

I was on bus 6 and jumped to the other bus. I was singing a World War two song on the journey back home must have been the bus that made me think of it. Thing is when I saw the bus the first thing that went through my mind was that it was going to make the trip and I was right. I'm sure it was held together with staples and not rivets in places. Enjoyable day apart from the result, despite it breaking down then the other one we got on headed to the Forth Bridge instead of Corstorphine ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by littleplum View Post
    Watch it or I'll raise the subject of your 'theory' that we were bound to win

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus Hibby View Post
    Looks like you had a good day apart from the game. Take care.
    Yeah. Thanks. A wise man did tell me not that long ago that it wasn't our year! Could almost hear him on Saturday night saying I did tell you didn't I?