hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bedwetters

forget today

as fans its easy to be downbeat, yes you were pish but this guy fenlon will improve you so much that as a neutral(gers fan) youwill be back in a final shortly and will end your hoodoo soon, so chins up good times around the corner

2. Log in to remove the advert

Poor show by Hibs.

Disappointed at how bad they were.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 19AYR10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Poor show by Hibs.

Disappointed at how bad they were.

You don't say.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post

I really don't think their players are that much better.

They just always seem to have a desire to win derbies more than we do. Beating us is their top priority and it should be ours too. But for whatever reason, it never is.

We treat the derby like its just another game, which is so wrong.

The score would suggest otherwise , not the greatest Hearts team in the world but far to good for us in so many departments,IMHO they could have taken us to oblivion and back yesterday they could have scored plenty more ,add to that the way we set up handed it to them .

If you look at the kick off in the second half 3 Hibs players on one side balls kicked we are for a looking for a cross-field ball to put pressure on them get a thrown in then take it from there
    The cross-field ball is a shocker then isolates 3 Hibs players which in turn leaves huge gaps in midfield they stretch Hibs wide they then give the ball to the waiter who miraculously dances round 3 players on the touchline gets behind our midget who then pulls him back gets sent off and the no penalty was awarded 1min 23 secs boom dreams up in the air self inflicted ***** .

Better players etc no trying to have a pop mate but thats nonsense ,not just on today's performance which Hibs players would get pass marks McPake scored a goal saved us with many clearances ,yet gave Rudi space to turn a bus at the second goal ,but hes still miles ahead of anything we have at Hibs ,a gritty, I do give a **** professional footballer .

Hibs stay in the SPL Felon's done his job ,the final was a bonus IMO our league performances would suggest that , the draw Hibs got in the cup couldnt have been easier it would have been hard not to get to the final , the Aberdeen game going our way for once .

Come the summer clear out Pats going to wield the axe how many would you keep forget Mc Pake I would be astonished if signed for Hibs hes better than us ,sad but true , Hanlon and Griffiths maybe ,Lewis earned a new contract ,Doyle will be good , Pat supposedly wants Gary O for another season
    I wouldn't keep him but thats Pats choice , then who else , I dont want our entire midfield , Doherty ,Francomb ,Sproule , , Kujabi nope so theres 7 /8
    Nids maybe going to retire so it could be 8/9 players ,I just hope that playing within our means doesn't see another batch of **** ups coming through the doors .

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Given the standard of our play this season (and the past few seasons) our 'cup final' was the recent Dunfy game. That's our level just now.

In a strange way, I feel it would have been an insult to the FF, the Tornados, et al had this motley crew won today and achieved legendhood.

Nothing strange about it, that's the way I've felt since we beat that pitiful Aberdeen team.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Who is going to mop up all the pi5h from this message board once the bed wetters have finished posting on here tonight?

An utterly crap Hibs team that barely survived relegation completely failed to turn up today. In consequence we made Hearts look good and mounted no serious threat to win the Scottish Cup.

The team we saw today is facing massive and extreme surgery over the summer as the manager moves on from his initial task of avoiding the drop to his next task - building a squad that works. We got to a cup final against our City rivals that we were in no way equipped to compete in. We got beaten and the referee compounded it by throwing them a penalty and a sending off. Boo ******g hoo.

This season's done. Next.
    You got enough attention your cleary craving with a post like that? 4 pages so im guessing yer happy.

Me? I'll stick to being ****ing pissed off with getting beat off Hearts in a Scottish Cup final.

It's easy to sit back and say we shouldn't be 'bedwetters' or 'drama queens' but people are hurting big time and we all show it in different ways.

For me the defeat isn't the worst thing, all things considered Hearts were favourites for a reason. The complete lack of performance is an issue though. Hopefully today puts the argument that fans not backing the team has played a part in some of our performances this season, yesterday we were far louder than them, we were well up for it. Even when it went to 1-0 we kept on backing them, when we pulled it back to 2-1 we kept on backing them yet we got absolutely zero in return. A Scottish Cup final and our players looked a cross between scared and disinterested.

Maybe we should just take it on the chin but we're all going to take a slagging about this one at work, in the pub etc etc for weeks about this. The right thing to do is ignore it but that easier said than done.

People can say what they want but that yesterday hurts more than every Derby loss that's gone before combined, not just the result but the total lack of any kind of performance. Also seems to me that accross this board those who 2 days ago shot down.anyone who expressed doubt about our ability to win the game are now the ones telling folk to man up now we have.

Thank **** this seasons over is all I can say, here's hoping for improvement next year. Although I've been saying that for so long now I'm not holding my breath.

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    ....... really should have one of these in green and white.
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

I disagree. Losing to Dundee United the last time we were relegated was a far worse result for us just for a start. I suppose if you want to define your view of being a Hibee primarily in terms of our relationship to Hearts then you arrive at your position. I don't though. For me today's result would have been no worse and no better had we lost in exactly the same way to Arbroath or Aberdeen.

It's about us. It's not about them.
    I bet most hearts and hibs fans don't remember who were the teams that put hearts down twice in the seventies, everybody remembers who beat them 7-0 in a LEAGUE match at the start of 73. If you want to behave as though you have your head firmly up your backside, go ahead, but why do so in such a dramatic attention seeking fashion?

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    I bet most hearts and hibs fans don't remember who were the teams that put hearts down twice in the seventies, everybody remembers who beat them 7-0 in a LEAGUE match at the start of 73. If you want to behave as though you have your head firmly up your backside, go ahead, but why do so in such a dramatic attention seeking fashion?
    The only people with their heads up their jacksies are people like you who somehow believe that our problem is unique to Hearts. It is much, much more profound than that.

We can have a debate about how its the end of the world that Hearts beat us 5-1 yesterday or we can have a debate about what has brought us to this pass over the last three years in particular. If you don't like my opinion then challenge it, otherwise you can ram it.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cad View Post
    The score would suggest otherwise , not the greatest Hearts team in the world but far to good for us in so many departments,IMHO they could have taken us to oblivion and back yesterday they could have scored plenty more ,add to that the way we set up handed it to them .

If you look at the kick off in the second half 3 Hibs players on one side balls kicked we are for a looking for a cross-field ball to put pressure on them get a thrown in then take it from there
    The cross-field ball is a shocker then isolates 3 Hibs players which in turn leaves huge gaps in midfield they stretch Hibs wide they then give the ball to the waiter who miraculously dances round 3 players on the touchline gets behind our midget who then pulls him back gets sent off and the no penalty was awarded 1min 23 secs boom dreams up in the air self inflicted ***** .

Better players etc no trying to have a pop mate but thats nonsense ,not just on today's performance which Hibs players would get pass marks McPake scored a goal saved us with many clearances ,yet gave Rudi space to turn a bus at the second goal ,but hes still miles ahead of anything we have at Hibs ,a gritty, I do give a **** professional footballer .

Hibs stay in the SPL Felon's done his job ,the final was a bonus IMO our league performances would suggest that , the draw Hibs got in the cup couldnt have been easier it would have been hard not to get to the final , the Aberdeen game going our way for once .

Come the summer clear out Pats going to wield the axe how many would you keep forget Mc Pake I would be astonished if signed for Hibs hes better than us ,sad but true , Hanlon and Griffiths maybe ,Lewis earned a new contract ,Doyle will be good , Pat supposedly wants Gary O for another season
    I wouldn't keep him but thats Pats choice , then who else , I dont want our entire midfield , Doherty ,Francomb ,Sproule , , Kujabi nope so theres 7 /8
    Nids maybe going to retire so it could be 8/9 players ,I just hope that playing within our means doesn't see another batch of **** ups coming through the doors .
    All the score line suggests is that they wanted it far more than we did.

Thats why they beat us yesterday and thats why our overall record against them is sickening to look at.

Tactics, form, stats, formations.... etc all go out the window in a derby. It's all about the fight and sadly, we never look like showing any.

The only people with their heads up their jacksies are people like you who somehow believe that our problem is unique to Hearts. It is much, much more profound than that.

We can have a debate about how its the end of the world that Hearts beat us 5-1 yesterday or we can have a debate about what has brought us to this pass over the last three years in particular. If you don't like my opinion then challenge it, otherwise you can ram it.
    Are you actually being serious?

Your original post said that people are being bedwetters and you also said boo ****ing hoo. This was the biggest match in the clubs history and probably the most important match people will ever live to see yet you cant understand the outpouring of motion and anger at a 5-1 defeat.

Maybe it doesnt mean that much to you but to alot of people yesterday was their worst footballing nightmare.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar

Most Hibs fans will tell you that beating Hearts is all that really matters.

When we don't beat them, its sickening.

When we don't beat them in a SC final because we simply didn't turn up, it takes sickening to a whole new level.

Your original post wasn't about debate, let me remind you "Who is going to mop up all the pi5h from this message board once the bed wetters have finished posting on here tonight?".

You seriously need medical intervention if you believe this will be regarded as just another game by either side of the support. My first game was a league match when we beat Hamilton 11-1, I have never really ever read about that one one here, on the other hand, the 7-0 league match at Tynie is still mentioned as though it was last week.

Yes the team we have are desperate, getting to the cup final glossed over that, but we were totally humiliated by an average hearts team who could and should have scored more, lets not be stupid here, it'll be a long time before we forget this and even longer before we are allowed to.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeith View Post

Your original post said that people are being bedwetters and you also said boo ****ing hoo. This was the biggest match in the clubs history and probably the most important match people will ever live to see yet you cant understand the outpouring of motion and anger at a 5-1 defeat.

Maybe it doesnt mean that much to you but to alot of people yesterday was their worst footballing nightmare.

I can certainly understand the emotions last night and today - feel the same way myself.

But the way back from this isn't by focussing on Hearts and it isn't by making statements that we are 'owned' by Hearts - its by demanding that we become a different club: harder, more demanding, developing a winning mentality, treating any lost point at Easter Road as a disaster...

The way we change losing badly in any given game against Hearts or anyone else is by completely changing our club and team's mentality when playing against everyone. Painful though it sounds, yesterday was an extreme symptom and rather than a cause of the mess we are in.

Gamer IDs

Your original post wasn't about debate, let me remind you "Who is going to mop up all the pi5h from this message board once the bed wetters have finished posting on here tonight?".

You seriously need medical intervention if you believe this will be regarded as just another game by either side of the support. My first game was a league match when we beat Hamilton 11-1, I have never really ever read about that one one here, on the other hand, the 7-0 league match t Tynie is still mentioned as though it was last week.

Yes the team we have are desperate, getting to the cup final glossed over that, but we were totally humiliated by an average hearts team who could and should have scored more, lets not be stupid here, it'll be a long time before we forget this and even longer before we are allowed to.

Where in my original post did I say there was no debate to be had? Its a message board and the whole point of these is debate.

If you and anyone else - be they Yam or Hibee - wants to turn yesterday's game into a fetish that's up to you but I'm not buying it.

All this "they own us now" pi5h - what the **** does that even mean? Or the other ones I read were "The ultimate defeat which cemenets our place in the history of losers" (sic) and "Even if we win 20 derbes in a row, they will probably have the upper hand on us for our lifetime ". This is just straight from the Yam songbook of big team, wee team garbage. If we think purely in terms of our club as defined by reference to them we will never move on. We have got to be demanding a team that wants to beat every team it plays and hates losing to anyone, otherwise our horizons are way too small.

We are this bad because we are tragic against everyone just now and pretty much have been for three years. As I have said several times already this isn't a Hearts issue, its a Hibs issue. Until we change what the players and fans are prepared to accept to a much higher standard you can get used to lots more derby defeats and being beaten by everyone else too.

Fourteen Scottish Cup final appearances since 1902 without winning - all but one of which were not against Hearts tells me our problem is not with them. Nearly being relegated by losing to almost every team in the league tells me we have a Hibs problem.

Gamer IDs

Most Hibs fans will tell you that beating Hearts is all that really matters.

When we don't beat them, its sickening.

When we don't beat them in a SC final because we simply didn't turn up, it takes sickening to a whole new level.

Really? I think most Hibs fans would tell you that winning the Scottish Cup is what really matters. That getting into Europe is what really matters. That playing the kind of football we did with Sauzee is what really matters. That being able to turn up to see our team and be proud of them every week is what matters. And along the way winning derbies is great.

Don't tell me that beating hearts is all that really matters - because it isn't.

The one place I agree with you is that "when we don't beat them in a SC final because we simply didn't turn up, it takes sickening to a whole new level". Though in truth we have been doing that against everyone all season so I found it sickening but not surprising.

All the score line suggests is that they wanted it far more than we did.

Thats why they beat us yesterday and thats why our overall record against them is sickening to look at.

Tactics, form, stats, formations.... etc all go out the window in a derby. It's all about the fight and sadly, we never look like showing any.

Ive got news for you bud there's a lot more teams want it when they play Hibs not just Hearts ,how many players can you say that they went about their job in a professional manner worked hard individually and for the team ,I stopped at Mc Pake and gave Sparky the benefit of the doubt .
    Tactics and formation is exactly how we lost yesterday , we play 2 against 4 down the sides either wins it the air the other guys isolated got 2 defenders and a midfield closing him down how do you think we had so many mis passes yesterday closed down no time to control the ball it was school boy stuff a midfield void of skill , energy, tact, passing ,and awareness ,fullbacks who are just ***** ,the runs made by there extra man in mid Black sometimes and Skacel the other not matched ,no clearing your lines standing off players ,and worst of all just not interested which could apply to more than a few out there yesterday ,Ivan what did he give Hibs yesterday ,Osbourne Claros ,Stevenson , Mujabi , Doherty , Stevenson Garry O and the rest McPake was our best who sold a goal still ****in miles better than anyone Sparky the service he got was terrible Im not his greatest fan but can understand how frustrated he gets
    Driver looked like a superstar yesterday ,that could have been a serious one yesterday but with 15 to go they played with us .
    Just going to leave it at that mate cant be arsed you have your views Ive got mine

GGTTH

Where in my original post did I say there was no debate to be had? Its a message board and the whole point of these is debate.

If you and anyone else - be they Yam or Hibee - wants to turn yesterday's game into a fetish that's up to you but I'm not buying it.

All this "they own us now" pi5h - what the **** does that even mean? Or the other ones I read were "The ultimate defeat which cemenets our place in the history of losers" (sic) and "Even if we win 20 derbes in a row, they will probably have the upper hand on us for our lifetime ". This is just straight from the Yam songbook of big team, wee team garbage. If we think purely in terms of our club as defined by reference to them we will never move on. We have got to be demanding a team that wants to beat every team it plays and hates losing to anyone, otherwise our horizons are way too small.

We are this bad because we are tragic against everyone just now and pretty much have been for three years. As I have said several times already this isn't a Hearts issue, its a Hibs issue. Until we change what the players and fans are prepared to accept to a much higher standard you can get used to lots more derby defeats and being beaten by everyone else too.

Fourteen Scottish Cup final appearances since 1902 without winning - all but one of which were not against Hearts tells me our problem is not with them. Nearly being relegated by losing to almost every team in the league tells me we have a Hibs problem.
    You clearly have a lot to learn, insulting others with who have a differing view is no way to initiate debate & it is exactly what you did with your insulting thread title and subsequent comments.

When you have the minority view, highlighting and repeating throw away comments such as “own us now” proves nothing but conceit on your part. You may not be buying in to the consequence many people feel about yesterday’s result, but if you’re totally blind to why others may feel otherwise, take up that suggestion of medical help.

A lot of people know being better than our city neighbours is far from being the “B” all and end all, but it is a start to be the best in your city. That is why local rivalry exists all over the world, or is everybody else wrong?

The first Scottish final I went to was a 1-6 reverse & although I was mid-teens and far more vulnerable than I would have been as an adult, it felt nowhere near as bad as it was yesterday against our average local rivals & although I’m far removed from the current hibs set up, not even trying for a ticket, I watched on TV that horrific gutless performance & felt worse than I ever have done about a football match, knowing just how hard it would hit our wonderful support.
    Last edited by Ray_; 20-05-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Really down today, it was as if the team thought they were playing a pre-season friendly.. just glad this season is over and done with

Gamer IDs

You clearly have a lot to learn, insulting others with who have a differing view is no way to initiate debate & it is exactly what you did with your insulting thread title and subsequent comments.

When you have the minority view, highlighting and repeating throw away comments such as “own us now” proves nothing but conceit on your part. You may not be buying in to the consequence many people feel about yesterday’s result, but if you’re totally blind to why others may feel otherwise, take up that suggestion of medical help.

A lot of people know being better than our city neighbours is far from being the “B” all and end all, but it is a start to be the best in your city. That is why local rivalry exists all over the world, or is everybody else wrong?

The first Scottish final I went to was a 1-6 reverse & although I was mid-teens and far more vulnerable than I would have been as an adult, it felt nowhere near as bad as it was yesterday against our average local rivals & although I’m far removed from the current hibs set up, not even trying for a ticket, I watched on TV that horrific gutless performance & felt worse than I ever have done about a football match, knowing just how hard it would hit our wonderful support.

Would you like to explain exactly what 'they own us now' even means?

We can't make it a start to be the best in our city (against the the third highest spending club in Scotland) when we can't even be the best against the other bottom six clubs. Expecting the former without first having achieved the later is deranged.

I don't need some patronising absentee twat to tell me I need medical help. Do one.

We can't make it a start to be the best in our city (against the the third highest spending club in Scotland) when we can't even be the best against the other bottom six clubs. Expecting the former without first having achieved the later is deranged.

I don't need some patronising absentee twat to tell me I need medical help. Do one.

Still picking on one fly away comment, certainly showing desperation, you should go for that help!

Gamer IDs

Still picking on one fly away comment, certainly showing desperation, you should go for that help!
    You are a boring mixture of evasion and irrelevance. For some of us Hibs isn't just a hobby. Away back to the cricket or whatever it is you do in Walton on the Naze.

You are a boring mixture of evasion and irrelevance. For some of us Hibs isn't just a hobby. Away back to the cricket or whatever it is you do in Walton on the Naze.

I don't need some patronising absentee twat to tell me I need medical help. Do one. [/QUOTE]

And what do you think it is when you start a thread calling other supporters bed wetters?

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeith View Post

THIS

I'm not ashamed to say I shed a few tears last night.
    It's my own fault for believing we could have won. The reality is, we've been piss poor relegation contenders for 2 years.

Now I'm just angry, if the players had an ounce of the passion the fans had before the game we could have won. Instead we **** ourselves.

It's unnaceltable.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    All this pi5h about being 'owned' by them and the 'biggest derby ever' is in my view the bedwetting that we can do without. There will be four more derbies along shortly when next season starts.
    Last Edinburgh derby in a Scottish Cup final was in 1896. Not quite as frequent a spectacle as you seem to be implying.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Lester B View Post
    Yes it matters but what can we do about it now. We can pick ourselves up again. We have to. Everyone is hurting tonight after that debacle. The problem is that too many people on here tonight just over-emoting rather than thinking. If we are going to come back from this then alternating between anger and whinging isn't the answer; it's the problem.

Today's game mattered to me for reasons even more important than it being the biggest derby ever. Let the Jambos crow. We will be back.
    People being emotional mere HOURS after a humiliating defeat is not any sort of problem at all. It's human nature. There will be plenty of time to make changes and to gee ourselves up for next season but allow people to get over it first.

I'd like to hear from those that have forked out great sums of money to fly back and see that. Are they bedwetters? No chance. Disgusted with that yesterday

Gamer IDs

As I read this thread I actually find that I agree with a lot of what you're saying BUT your timing is totally off. The result isn't even a day old. Give people some time to vent.

Hibs aren't defined by Hearts BUT Hearts were out opponents yesterday.

And, with a little help, the owned us yesterday. To answer your question, that means they dominated us. I am not sure if people are saying Hearts dominate us ALL the time or just yesterday. Right now we're an easy target, not just for Hearts.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    I'd like to hear from those that have forked out great sums of money to fly back and see that. Are they bedwetters? No chance. Disgusted with that yesterday
    I'm one but I don't expect or deserve any special treatment. That shambolic display yesterday hurt (almost) everyone as much.