hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Glesga Polis

Glesga Polis

Did anybody else get there name, address and workplace taken by the polis when leaving Queens St going to the match? This happened to us with no explaination or reason why. Argued for a bit before thinking better of it...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Strathclydes finest just looked to be looking for anything to catch us out today, ma mate n another lass from the same .net bus both got fined for drinking on the grassy verge at Asda, waste of a uniform those lot.

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    Just as bad as the PSNI/RUC. Workplace? That's the kind of thing the Special Branch normally ask. Not that I'd know like, ahem <whistles innocently and looks skyward>

Did they just stop you randomly or did they have a "reason" to do so, even if the reason was just in their bigoted imagination? All the Police I encountered at Kings Park station and at Hampden itself were okay but I overheard one fud polisman at Glasgow Central after the match saying something about "oh here comes another diet terrorist" as I was passing him and his buddy. Nothing like living your life through outdated stereotypes.

Quote Originally Posted by S.sct View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anybody else get there name, address and workplace taken by the polis when leaving Queens St going to the match? This happened to us with no explaination or reason why. Argued for a bit before thinking better of it...

You should have got his number and reported the ****.

Dont think you have to give your place of work?

Could you not just have said you were unemployed?

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    Our coach was stopped and they were quality, good banter and wishing us luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodje's Tongue View Post
    Our coach was stopped and they were quality, good banter and wishing us luck.

same here basically said if we cant see your drink you dont have one in other words keep it hidden

Quote Originally Posted by Lungo--Drom View Post
    Just as bad as the PSNI/RUC. Workplace? That's the kind of thing the Special Branch normally ask. Not that I'd know like, ahem <whistles innocently and looks skyward>

Did they just stop you randomly or did they have a "reason" to do so, even if the reason was just in their bigoted imagination? All the Police I encountered at Kings Park station and at Hampden itself were okay but I overheard one fud polisman at Glasgow Central after the match saying something about "oh here comes another diet terrorist" as I was passing him and his buddy. Nothing like living your life through outdated stereotypes.
    Yes it was random, I asked why but was just told to come away from the door of the station. I asked if I, or any of my mates had done anything to encourage this nonsence, no answer. I was eventually advised (by the good cop) that they were told to do this. Total tools...

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Could you not just have said you were unemployed?
    I would have made up a full story but that is reserved for when I have actually deserved a pull.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Is that even legal? When did Hampden relocate to Moscow?

Speaking of random (mentioned in a follow-up post to the OP) was it random that Boston customs stopped me for a "routine" bag search when nobody else was pulled out the many, many passengers from LHR? I asked the girl if it was related to my green hair and she assured me it was just "timing". LOL.

I accidentally "Ian Blacked" a polisman at Kings Park after the game whilst rushing to my train, complete accident I can assure you, but I very nearly bowled him right over! Think he was a bit shocked, it was at least a yellow card! I apologised profusely and he just said "ok mate, take it easy" my mate was in kinks when we sat down on the train. I gave him the Sparky as the train moved off.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    What about the "Polis Crowd Control Commander" who kept all the cars in the Hampden car park for half an hour right after the final whistle when there was hardly anybody about then once the Jambo masses came out he let the cars leave?
    Maybe it was because all the cars started tooting their horns.
    How do these total plums get in a position of power?

Promising Youngster
    Im told that the cars in the car park are always held back for half an hour in order to let a lot of the other traffic leave. Reliably informed of this by a friend who is in the know at Queens Park.

Quote Originally Posted by muthillhibee View Post
    Im told that the cars in the car park are always held back for half an hour in order to let a lot of the other traffic leave. Reliably informed of this by a friend who is in the know at Queens Park.
    I was in the car park for the semi-final. We weren't held back.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muthillhibee View Post
    I'm I missing something here? If the people who come out and jump into their cars in the car park and drive off immediately shirley they will be gone before the other punters reach their cars?

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I was in the car park for the semi-final. We weren't held back.
    Ah well hes let me down then as I wanted a quick getaway after Semi to go to a SFL game so asked for a pass for car park and reply i got back was you will be held back.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    Is that even legal? When did Hampden relocate to Moscow?
    Yup. They'll have used Section 60 powers from the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act. A fairly standard thing with football supporters unfortunately.

And what about the sniffer dogs at the turnstiles? What a complete waste of police resources that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    And what about the sniffer dogs at the turnstiles? What a complete waste of police resources that is.
    I heard it was to weed out those trying to get in to the ground with flares. The fashion police are everywhere.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    Is that even legal? When did Hampden relocate to Moscow?.
    Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 (Section 60)

"(4)This section confers on any constable in uniform powers”

(a) to stop any pedestrian and search him or anything carried by him for offensive weapons or dangerous instruments;
    (b) to stop any vehicle and search the vehicle, its driver and any passenger for offensive weapons or dangerous instruments."

"A constable may, in the exercise of [F7 the powers conferred by subsection (4) above], stop any person or vehicle and make any search he thinks fit whether or not he has any grounds for suspecting that the person or vehicle is carrying weapons or articles of that kind."

Not sure this is just for football supporters - or even people with bright green hair...but pretty sure they'll do...

...doesn't seem to say you need to state your place of work, but ...

I heard it was to weed out those trying to get in to the ground with flares. The fashion police are everywhere.
    Was there not a flare in the Hertz end after the first or second goal?

I suppose thats what happens when folk come onto sites like this looking for info re flares, smoke bombs etc!

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    Was there not a flare in the Hertz end after the first or second goal?
    Tsk Tsk. Flare and Hertz can never be used in the same sentence!

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    The police in both Edinburgh and Glasgow handled things pretty well I thought - our bus got stopped on the Glasgow Road going out of Edinburgh and then at Rutherglen I think it was and both times the police were chatting away and wishing us luck - the Glasgow police even said they were a bit embarressed about having to stop the coaches but it was a government directive - they never really searched the coach anyway - just a quick walk down the middle of the bus, a bit of banter and off we went.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    What about the "Polis Crowd Control Commander" who kept all the cars in the Hampden car park for half an hour right after the final whistle when there was hardly anybody about then once the Jambo masses came out he let the cars leave?
    Maybe it was because all the cars started tooting their horns.
    How do these total plums get in a position of power?
    It was the Hibs coaches on the Hospitality Package organised by Hibs (6 coaches in total I think) that for some unexplained reason were parked in the car park at the Hearts end, it was pointed out on arrival at Hampden to the drivers "what the fek are we parking here for?", told this is where they had been instructed to park.
    After the game crazy scenes the Hibs fans were all out by FT but couldn't get away boxed in by Hearts coaches and cars, told by Strathclyde police that we should just get on the coaches for our own personal safety and sit it out until the celebrating Yams had dispersed Police took no responsibility for the situation as to why Hibs supporters buses were at the Hearts end blaming Hampden/Hibs and tried to keep them parked in the car park as the yams started to come out, unsavoury scenes ensued!! Until bus forced its way out no thanks to police/stewards