hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    If relegated, I would be astounded if the club did not offer a refund or some sort of readjustment. Something like a discount on the purchase of the next season's 'SPL' season tiicket would not surprise me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apart from the Cup top up I don't see that many will have been swayed by freebies when it came to making their purchase. Every year it's an act of faith rather than a logical purchase. Those who only bought Season tickets for next year in order to get a cup final ticket will have got what they paid for.
    Act of faith? Most years you at least have knowledge of what league you will be in.

The early bird offer was an extremely attractive offer and will have swayed many, including myself. Let's face it if we do get relegated the club will not sell another single season ticket priced at over £430 a pop.

Leaving aside whether or not the OP is an undercover Yam...

I think the current highest ST in the 1st Division is around the 200 quid mark.

Considering a lot of people think that 400 quid is too high to watch the standard of play we currently have in the SPL, it does seem exorbitant to pay that much to watch 1st Division football.

A few weeks ago I was quite confident we wouldn't get relegated, now I'm not so sure. Hibs have (according to most) played well but got nothing out of the last couple of games. A sign of a good team is the opposite, playing badly but still being able to win. Take your own conclusions from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Act of faith? Most years you at least have knowledge of what league you will be in.

The early bird offer was an extremely attractive offer and will have swayed many, including myself. Let's face it if we do get relegated the club will not sell another single season ticket priced at over £430 a pop.
    OK, maybe slightly more faith was needed this year.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Correct but many fans only bought a season because of the freebies or indeed to get a cup final ticket. The club would have to address the issue by either partial refunds or other benefits.
    The club wouldnt " have " to do anything, I'm sure they would though. It's the same as the cup top up you could get no games, do you get a refund ? No its just how it is
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

I doubt you'd get a refund but they'd have to do something. Your off your head paying £400 to watch 1st division football, Hibs or not.

Blog Entries
    don't worry - in the unlikely event Hibs will do something by way od compensation...

you will get to bring a 'friend' for free to assist sharing your misery....

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    I doubt you'd get a refund but they'd have to do something. Your off your head paying £400 to watch 1st division football, Hibs or not.
    I didn't pay it to watch 1st division football, I paid to watch Hibs I don't sit watching us play Celtic all in awe because its Celtic buzzing for hooper, I GO TO WATCH HIBS
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Any chance of one? im very scared we will be in divison 1 and im no watching that pish thats for sure in division one.
    Bet you want a final ticket though eh?

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    I think there will be a number of tough decisions for Hibs if the unthinkable happens.

I cannot imagine the club would be able to continue to charge Premier League gate prices for walk up fans and definitely not for away fans. So then if they reduce the tickets to 1st Div prices for walk ups would they not also have to reduce the cost for seasons as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    I didn't pay it to watch 1st division football, I paid to watch Hibs I don't sit watching us play Celtic all in awe because its Celtic buzzing for hooper, I GO TO WATCH HIBS
    It doesn't matter what your or anybody's intentions in buying the ST were. The fact is that the club has possibly sold a product which they may not be able to honour , thereby breaching the Sales of Goods Act. Whether you or anybody else would or would not invoke their rights is a personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post

Your taking the uber fan to the extreme. If your willing to pay £400 TO WATCH HIBS in the 1ST DIVISION and no have a moan about it, more fool you.

Your taking the uber fan to the extreme. If your willing to pay £400 TO WATCH HIBS in the 1ST DIVISION and no have a moan about it, more fool you.
    I'm hardly an uberfan but I knew the score when i renewed so why moan now ? I could have waited and seen our situation come the end of the season, but I used the early bird and payment plan and thought I will take a chance, I get 2 cup final tickets for my blind faith which means my old boy (who missed the cup win over killie after a fall outside the stadium)can come with me. It's not about claiming to be an uberfan its about what I do on Saturday (or Sunday or Friday or monday or wednesday if tv dictates) I rarely go away and there are far better fans than I.
    Last edited by cocopops1875; 30-04-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    Has anyone actually asked the club and got a straight answer?

2006 lead up all over again....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    It doesn't matter what your or anybody's intentions in buying the ST were. The fact is that the club has possibly sold a product which they may not be able to honour , thereby breaching the Sales of Goods Act. Whether you or anybody else would or would not invoke their rights is a personal choice.
    I'm pretty sure they will have covered themselves in the t&c's that no old firm games were assured, same if rangers get the boot are Hibs at fault for not supplying free tickets ?

It was perfectly clear from the League Tables from the time when season tickets for 2012-13 went on sale that Hibs could well go down. Nothing really has changed since then.

People who bought a season ticket prior to the semi-final either did so on the basis of indifference to which League Hibs could play in or blind loyalty or stupidity. Those who bought after the semi-final could also have been doing it to ensure a they got a cup final ticket.

I don't recall season ticket prices being cut when Hibs were last relegated. I think that the price was frozen.

There is one obvious ground for a partial refund in the event of relegation as there are 36 matches in the SFL rather than 38 in the SPL. I think that an extra offer is more likely that a refund. Also some other special offer might be a nice gesture to come up with a new offer to replace the OF freebie tickets.

But a full refund is not really likely is it?

Quote Originally Posted by proud_and_green View Post
    I think there will be a number of tough decisions for Hibs if the unthinkable happens.

I cannot imagine the club would be able to continue to charge Premier League gate prices for walk up fans and definitely not for away fans. So then if they reduce the tickets to 1st Div prices for walk ups would they not also have to reduce the cost for seasons as well.
    Not a cat in hells chance of Hibs getting away with charging PL prices if we get relegated. The offer included incentives based around OF matches which clearly couldn't be fulfilled, so that alone would force them to offer a refund. But not gonna happen, we're staying up and winning the Cup - sorted.

If the barrack room lawyers on here want to insist on only paying First Division prices IF we are relegated then fair enough. Let's all pay First Division prices and enjoy watching the First Division standard players that our budget would stretch too. Think of the money we could all save over the course of several seasons down there. Some ''fools'' may think that one season down there will be enough for a club of Hibs stature. Bouncing straight back up would probably mean paying standard SPL wages though and those same ''fools' would probably see some logic in a paying their share of that.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Any chance of one? im very scared we will be in divison 1 and im no watching that pish thats for sure in division one.
    Did you buy it via the new dynamic booking system?

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Did you buy it via the new dynamic booking system?

Blog Entries
    If the barrack room lawyers on here want to insist on only paying First Division prices IF we are relegated then fair enough. Let's all pay First Division prices and enjoy watching the First Division standard players that our budget would stretch too. Think of the money we could all save over the course of several seasons down there. Some ''fools'' may think that one season down there will be enough for a club of Hibs stature. Bouncing straight back up would probably mean paying standard SPL wages though and those same ''fools' would probably see some logic in a paying their share of that.
    Firstly, let's not forget that this discussion is purely hypothetical and no need to get excited about it and start calling each other names. If your argument holds water and the Club puts it to the fans that they intend to use the 'extra' cash paid by default to strengthen the team and maximise a speedy return to the SPL and be seen to do this, I think most fans would go along with it.

First Team Breakthrough francobaresi's Avatar
    If you're confident we're going down stick a £100 on us getting relegated, that should cover your losses! Then pass on to someone for heehaw

Perhaps Hibs should give us the tickets for free and, after the game, we can decide if they were worth the admission or not and then decide to pay? They could also lay on a taxi home and a chippy FOC? Would folk be happy then?

The cup final tickets are for season ticket holders, the club is legally within its right to void any tickets from anyone attempting this petty fraud. If you no longer are season ticket holder then you lose the benefits that go with it. Trust me on this

Apparently according to the cup final thread you can cancel your ST and get a refund.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i cant really afford it so it was a struggle to counger up enough, and we're not really going to enjoy it are we? so i would rather spend the 400 quid somewhere else,
    Thank god we're not all like you or the club would be Donald Ducked :giruy:

I think the original question that has been posed here is fair enough.

There is simply no chance at all that Hibs can expect anyone to pay £400 for a season ticket, if we're playing in the first division next year.

I know that the people who have already renewed their season tickets have done so by being fully aware that we are in danger of being relegated but, even still, it would be extremely bad PR if we did get relegated and no compensation of any kind was made available at all.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    I think the original question that has been posed here is fair enough.

There is simply no chance at all that Hibs can expect anyone to pay £400 for a season ticket, if we're playing in the first division next year.

I know that the people who have already renewed their season tickets have done so by being fully aware that we are in danger of being relegated but, even still, it would be extremely bad PR if we did get relegated and no compensation of any kind was made available at all.
    No it isn't. He hasn't queried the price, he wants a full refund as he doesn't want to go at all to watch 'pish' in the first division.

No it isn't. He hasn't queried the price, he wants a full refund as he doesn't want to go at all to watch 'pish' in the first division.
    If the worst came to the worst I'm prepared to bet that it'll be more entertaining at ER next season than this season

With that in mind maybe we should actually be paying more?