hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: going doon

Left by mutual consent!

going doon

if we go down it might actually not be that bad.we need to rebuild and if we escape relegation by the skin of our teeth and win the cup nothing will probably change the cracks will just be papered over.maybe we need a year out of the spl its pretty boring anyway.thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just **** off.

Left by mutual consent!
    yam?????????????just a opinion asking for other peoples would u tell me to f off to my face?i dont post much on here because of idiots like you two i am a season ticket holder and have been for years.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibsdeb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if we go down it might actually not be that bad.we need to rebuild and if we escape relegation by the skin of our teeth and win the cup nothing will probably change the cracks will just be papered over.maybe we need a year out of the spl its pretty boring anyway.thoughts?
    To be fair, it would be a good platform to launch an assault on the Champions League with a definite aim of winning it within 3 years and using the money to build a £51m megasuperhotelstadium, we could probably crack the Old Firm monopoly as a bit of a sideline as well, what do you think, is this credible / believable?

yam?????????????just a opinion asking for other peoples would u tell me to f off to my face?i dont post much on here because of idiots like you two i am a season ticket holder and have been for years.
    Yes I would.

In what conceivable way would relegation be a good thing?

If you post rubbish you should expect to get rubbish in response. Ask a silly question and all that.......

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    To be fair, it would be a good platform to launch an assault on the Champions League with a definite aim of winning it within 3 years and using the money to build a £51m megasuperhotelstadium, we could probably crack the Old Firm monopoly as a bit of a sideline as well, what do you think, is this credible / believable?
    haha so if we win the cup will we be any better next year?i am not saying i want to get relegated i am saying it might not be such a bad thing ids it too much to ask for some sensible replies???

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    If you aren't a Yam, you are seriously wrong. Not a good start to your .net career. Relegation would be a financial disaster and, given the teams in Division 1, we could be down there for some time. If you're a Hibee, stop talking like one of the maroon clowns. Admin, be vigilant.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

haha so if we win the cup will we be any better next year?i am not saying i want to get relegated i am saying it might not be such a bad thing ids it too much to ask for some sensible replies???
    Financially it would be a disaster, relegation must simply not happen...
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevenl049 PSN ID: stevenl049
    I kind of see your point to be fair. We came back far stronger from it last time.

Relegation is never nice to go through though so you're probably barking up the wrong tree here.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Sensible post, sensible reply? there's a connection -Did you see the wee smiley?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    Yes I would.

If you post rubbish you should expect to get rubbish in response. Ask a silly question and all that.......
    rubbish in your OPINION.look what happened when we went down the last time we came back a much stronger club.next year will be the same a team full of second rate english ,irish and foreign failures.we need to get back to bringing through our own players.the last 4 years have been awful as bad as the eighties something has to change

rubbish in your OPINION.look what happened when we went down the last time we came back a much stronger club.next year will be the same a team full of second rate english ,irish and foreign failures.we need to get back to bringing through our own players.the last 4 years have been awful as bad as the eighties something has to change
    Where is the finance for this stronger team going to come from?

You said:

"next year will be the same a team full of second rate english ,irish and foreign failures"

Yet you expect us to be rebuilt as a better side if we are relegated.

Rubbish

If we go down, we're not winning the cup. And would struggle in the first.

No good can come from relegation. At all. It has a direct influence on May 19, and is just as, if not more, important.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

Do you really think relegation is the key to improvement, deb? Really? It could ruin us. Your timing is terrible here. We MUST stay up and re-build from within the SPL. Relegation could kill us.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Do you really think relegation is the key to improvement, deb? Really? It could ruin us. Your timing is terrible here. We MUST stay up and re-build from within the SPL. Relegation could kill us.
    look i don't want relegated.obviously no one does but all i am saying is if we did it would give us the chance to maybe build a team of settled players not a team of loanees and panic buys at every transfer window.how the **** are we meant to improve when most of our players are only here for 6 months .obviously relegation is not a nice thought but can anyone see anyway how we are possibly going to get better?we have had umpteen managers in the last few years and we are getting worse and worse.something needs to be done i wish i knew what sorry if i have pissed anyone of but it wasn't my intention i love hibs always have always will.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    Yes I would.

How is it rubbish ?

That is a long way from being the first post on here over the last 12 months asking the same question. There are a few folk who look back at the Sauzee era ( which was the result of a period in the first division following a long decline ) with a great deal of pleasure.

I admit that there is no guarantee that things would work out the same way if we went down again, but Hibsdeb is totally right in one regard at least.

If ( or rather when, coz I do think we will ) we escape relegation and if by some miracle we do win the cup the fact will remain that in the long run we have been poor for nearly 3 seasons now and there is no sign that this team is the answer.

The OP was reasonable .... and to go calling folk Yams is bang out of order and comes too bloody easily to some folk on this board IMO.

Relegation would be a disaster and even I wouldn't attermpt to put a positive spin on that. I have experienced that feeling twice now and no way will that have prepared me for a third time. So don't be shocked at the response you have received here.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Relegation can be a blessing in disguise in some situations, but not, I fear, in this one.

The only chance of it being good for us would be, IMO, if whatever is rank rotten throughout the club, in way of attitude, discipline, ambition and a proper balance between the financial bottom line and the quality of the team, was sorted. If things continue as they are behind the scenes, then going down would do us no good at all as we may well struggle to return for several seasons, by which time we could have become a Dundee Mark II, i.e. very much a First Division club, with the occasional season in the SPL.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    Relegation can be a blessing in disguise in some situations, but not, I fear, in this one.

The only chance of it being good for us would be, IMO, if whatever is rank rotten throughout the club, in way of attitude, discipline, ambition and a proper balance between the financial bottom line and the quality of the team, was sorted. If things continue as they are behind the scenes, then going down would do us no good at all as we may well struggle to return for several seasons, by which time we could have become a Dundee Mark II, i.e. very much a First Division club, with the occasional season in the SPL.
    yes mate that is the worry

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Relegation would be an absolute disaster. We need to make sure we are an SPL club next season. That is number 1 priority even ahead of 19th May

Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    How is it rubbish ?
    I said

Where is the finance for this stronger team going to come from?

You said:

";next year will be the same a team full of second rate english ,irish and foreign failures"

Yet you expect us to be rebuilt as a better side if we are relegated.

Rubbish
    That is a long way from being the first post on here over the last 12 months asking the same question.
    They would have been talking rubbish too.

There are a few folk who look back at the Sauzee era ( which was the result of a period in the first division following a long decline ) with a great deal of pleasure.
    Me too.

I admit that there is no guarantee that things would work out the same way if we went down again, but Hibsdeb is totally right in one regard at least.

If ( or rather when, coz I do think we will ) we escape relegation and if by some miracle we do win the cup the fact will remain that in the long run we have been poor for nearly 3 seasons now and there is no sign that this team is the answer.
    Most of the new players are short term loans which should aid the squad rebuilding in the summer.

If we are in the 1st Division next year then I fully expect our board to alter our budget accordingly.

The OP was reasonable .... and to go calling folk Yams is bang out of order and comes too bloody easily to some folk on this board IMO.
    Nope, it was far from reasonable, so I responded in a similar manner - and was far from reasonable myself.

You think the quality if players we have now are bad, who exactly will we be able to attract whilst in division 1?

Last time was fortunate, but it is highly unlikely that it will happen again.

Oh and I didn't call them a yam, I told them to **** off
    Last edited by Dinkydoo; 29-04-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    We deserve to go down.

Not just the players, but the fans as well....

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    We deserve to go down.

I don't, I very rarely pish the bed :

Anyone that thinks relegation would be ok is kidding themselves! Relegation would be nothing short of a complete nightmare. What good quality players would be attracted to a team in the first division, and many of our decent players would properly leave to clubs in better leagues, where they would be able to play in big games, not against Ayr/Morton/Partick Thistle etc. We would take a massive financial hit and would be a complete laughing stock.

The problems at our club are more than obvious, staying up is not going to make people turn a blind eye and forget, and believe everything is okay. There will hopefully be a massive clearout in the summer and having SPL status will help attract good players.

yes mate that is the worry
    Make your mind up! Or are you a yam on the wind up?

if we were to go down I sure as hell wouldn't like to rely on east mains to find a team to bring us back up.
    Serious money would have to be spent to make sure we get up first time of asking therefore minimising the damage.

Left by mutual consent!
    right had a warning fair enough but please dont anyone call me a yam its not even funny

Can we please debate without the keyboard gangster pish thanks..

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    We deserve to go down.

If we end up bottom we deserve to go down. If we're 2nd bottom we don't.

Don't even get me started on this absurd "blame the fans" stuff.