This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His song

Jimmy, Jimmy O'Rourke
    Everyone knows his name

That was in the days when each player had his own song
    Would be a great song for James McPake

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Fair doos mate, I still think grudges are better left behind.

Having spoken to Russell at that time, he had two firm offers from Rangers and Celtic way before season end....yet he still kept up the pretence he would possibly stay. And his behaviour before our most important game of the season was deporable......his eyes very much turned by Dwight Yorke at that time.

Both players showed niavety in my eyes, but for me two of the best players I have seen at Easter Road. And both lovely people away from the game.

Testimonial Due
    Fletch has just scored for Wolves, although they are now 4-1 down.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FraserHFC View Post
    Fletch has just scored for Wolves, although they are now 4-1 down.
    You should try get a donation from Fletch towards displays, just tell him its for the final

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Latapy was an idiot but I don't recall him blatantly engineering his way out of the club, talking about crawling over broken glass to get down the M8, moaning about his wages cos he had to look after his mum, or slagging the club off after he left.

IMO his and Brown's antics were the start of the downward spiral that we have yet to recover from. Kevin Thomson can GTF. There are better fans out there than him that deserve a ticket.
    I would say barely training and getting in a car reeking before going the wrong way down princes street shortly before our biggest game in a long long time, was far worse than kt's ghost written column.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    I would say barely training and getting in a car reeking before going the wrong way down princes street shortly before our biggest game in a long long time, was far worse than kt's ghost written column.
    It was 8 days before the final. Both were idiotic, however at least Latapy left it alone when he departed. Thomson could not lace Latapy's boots either.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Whenever it was is immaterial. He got sacked and I still bear him a grudge as I reckon we had a big chance with him in the side and none without him. Then the biggest hypocrisy the gingerf prick signing him up again. Must be a conspiracy there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Whenever it was is immaterial. He got sacked and I still bear him a grudge as I reckon we had a big chance with him in the side and none without him. Then the biggest hypocrisy the gingerf prick signing him up again. Must be a conspiracy there somewhere.
    Advocaat signed him, not McLeish.

Anyway, whatever he got up to is irrelevant to what I am saying about Thomson.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Dont give a ***** about Thompson. Latapy cost us the final imo. Thought it was McLeish but shall bow to you on that.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    What Thomson did was far far worse than Latapy IMO. We always knew Russel was a bit of a bombscare. I think McLeish did the wrong thing in sacking him before that final.

Ghost written or not, Thomson allowed those stories to go out in his name while he was Hibernian captain. He was and is a disgrace for that period alone, no matter how much bumming up of the Hibs support he's done since.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Thomsons behaviour when he was captain, should mean he is not allowed anywhere near Easter Road or indeed any other Game involving the Hibs.

He should be wiped from the database

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    Thomsons behaviour when he was captain, should mean he is not allowed anywhere near Easter Road or indeed any other Game involving the Hibs.

He should be wiped from the database
    Maybe he's got a mate that's got a ST - they can give a ticket to whoever they want to go to the Final. As a reward and that.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    What Thomson did was far far worse than Latapy IMO. We always knew Russel was a bit of a bombscare. I think McLeish did the wrong thing in sacking him before that final.

Ghost written or not, Thomson allowed those stories to go out in his name while he was Hibernian captain. He was and is a disgrace for that period alone, no matter how much bumming up of the Hibs support he's done since.
    Just out of interest bawheid (and not being argumentative), would you boo or not cheer Kevin if he resigned ? Just curious to know that's all.

Nid returned and seemed to win over those that cast him as Judas, as did Derek. Indeed Kenny Miller has spoken to those close to him on here that he wishes to return to ER at some point. All went west for that OF pot of gold......some, like Nid, did silly things towards the crowd.

Kevin was a young boy. At 21, I did far far worse. It's easy to judge from a distance. The lad brought in £2 million pound to the club, gave a six figure sum to the Academy as well. That for me says more than his ill advised tabloid column. The Daily Record or Jackson never did that.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Just out of interest bawheid (and not being argumentative), would you boo or not cheer Kevin if he resigned ? Just curious to know that's all.

Nid returned and seemed to win over those that cast him as Judas, as did Derek. Indeed Kenny Miller has spoken to those close to him on here that he wishes to return to ER at some point. All went west for that OF pot of gold......some, like Nid, did silly things towards the crowd.

Kevin was a young boy. At 21, I did far far worse. It's easy to judge from a distance. The lad brought in £2 million pound to the club, gave a six figure sum to the Academy as well. That for me says more than his ill advised tabloid column. The Daily Record or Jackson never did that.
    £200k.

Any player that pulls on the shirt gets my support.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I've heard Scott Brown will be there in the hibs end
    And there's me thinking that Broon was/is a Rangers fan? :confused;

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    And there's me thinking that Broon was/is a Rangers fan? :confused;

He won't be in with the Hibs fans, he has got a hospitality table and will be up in with the suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    It was 8 days before the final. Both were idiotic, however at least Latapy left it alone when he departed. Thomson could not lace Latapy's boots either.
    There's plenty hazy memories about the Latapy incident. It wasn't 8 days before the final, it was 2 days before the derby that we drew 0-0 which was 2 weeks before the final. None of that really matters though and I don't believe the we'd have won it with him talk either. Latapy wasn't the same player for us from the turn of the year 2001. He missed a game at Aberdeen or started on the bench as he "wasn't in the right frame of mind". It'd come out that he wasn't going to sign a new contract with us and his head wasn't in it.

Agree with the Thomson Daily Record chat, especially his walk barefoot across the M8. However he was young and I think he's just about made up for with his Hibs chat since then. He wasn't the right choice for Mowbray to make captain either.