hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cup Final victory parade fans face ground ban

2. Log in to remove the advert

How many does my Season Ticket get me?

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I wasn't sure what my opinion is on this but thankfully Mike Riley has spoken for me so I won't bother thinking now
    Last edited by givescotlandfreedom; 26-04-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    If this is the case, then their wont be a single fan inside Easter Road.

Although I can understand the elf n safety involved in a decision like this, it seems a little extreme considering the 2007 homecoming didn't seem to have any problems? Is there an alternative of having the parade end somewhere else that wouldn't need to be ticketed - maybe Leith Links or something along those lines?

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Although I can understand the elf n safety involved in a decision like this, it seems a little extreme considering the 2007 homecoming didn't seem to have any problems? Is there an alternative of having the parade end somewhere else that wouldn't need to be ticketed - maybe Leith Links or something along those lines?
    Apart from the wee jakies who kept running on the pitch every time the players came out, they nearly had to abandon it IIRC.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pentlando View Post
    Apart from the wee jakies who kept running on the pitch every time the players came out, they nearly had to abandon it IIRC.
    or the hundreds of fans locked out despite the ground only being half full.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post

So everyone with a cup final ticket gets in.

I wasn't there in fairness as I needed to drive straight back down south after the game but if there was anything serious in terms of admission to the ground etc then I'm sure it would have been mentioned in the EEN article or at least on here in previous parade threads? That said, I'm sure it will just be another hassle for the ticket office that they could doubtless do without, unless they just let in the first 20,000 people who arrive?

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    So everyone with a cup final ticket gets in.
    aye all 24,000 of us

@hibs.net private member

Talking

Rod, Just a thought, make sure only fans with a season ticket and a £20 membership are allowed in to see the cup.You know it makes sense. Also get them to buy before 19th May. GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ECC + LB Police + H&S = Killjoys

All because the Gorgie lot couldn control themselves last time. Typical uncivilised behaviour from them

"It also emerged that the clubs will be responsible for planning their own parade route, from the traditional starting point at City Chambers to their respective stadiums." I opt to via Gorgie

Pretty sure it actually WAS abandoned in the end, although it was nearly finished anyway.

Mind when pompey won the cup they put a big stage in 1 of the parks so all the fans could be there. Holyrood park maybe?

IF we win that is.

Coaching Staff
    Makes sense. You could have 100,000 people on the streets with half of them also trying to get down to and into the stadium.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    ECC + LB Police + H&S = Killjoys
    Tad harsh, they make my hair smell wonderful.

What happened after the CIS win was a farce I think.

Having been at the game then coming back to Edinburgh - the policing / stewarding around ER was shocking with many fans nearly getting crushed on the corner off ER and Albion Place.

Once inside the ground the stadium was half empty with many people still outside - did they even open the South Stand ?

Add the bams who tried to get on the pitch and I think it was a really poorly organised event.

Yes the police / council seem to be massive kill joys but I also think some sensible planning could take place and a good event organised.

The big question is what is going to happen with Princess Street since there are all the tram works going on!

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post

Having been at the game then coming back to Edinburgh - the policing / stewarding around ER was shocking with many fans nearly getting crushed on the corner off ER and Albion Place.

Once inside the ground the stadium was half empty with many people still outside - did they even open the South Stand ?

Add the bams who tried to get on the pitch and I think it was a really poorly organised event.

Yes the police / council seem to be massive kill joys but I also think some sensible planning could take place and a good event organised.

The big question is what is going to happen with Princess Street since there are all the tram works going on!
    The South stands got opened but only after the other stands were "full". A crush happened at the doors of the south and a lot of people got hurt due to families being at the front and men pushing from the back.

I fail to see how else they could have managed it. There will be (if we win............) - at least - double the capacity of ER on the streets in the area immediately surrounding Easter Road/Leith Walk, not to mention the tens of thousands who will line the rest of the route and will follow the bus down to Easter Road.

As I'm sure you'll have noticed, the streets between Easter Road the street and Easter Road the stadium aren't exactly wide, obstacle free avenues.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post

It just has to come along George Street instead. The only worry being that some of the players may try to get of the bus to pop in to there local club.

2007 was a farce.

Because of a few neds running on to the park the Police / club overreacted and the players were taken off early meaning they didnt take the cup to the south end of the main stand where I was, leading to a number of upset bairns there. Not to mention the screw up outside which led to the stadium being only 2/3rds full, even though there were thousands outside.

Ending the parade at Leith Links or Holyrood park would be great. Stick a stage up and get the Proclaimers to lead the celebrations, what could be better ?

If we win of course

First Team Breakthrough francobaresi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeEmma View Post
    All because the Gorgie lot couldn control themselves last time. Typical uncivilised behaviour from them

"It also emerged that the clubs will be responsible for planning their own parade route, from the traditional starting point at City Chambers to their respective stadiums." I opt to via Gorgie

I like your style and route arrangements are spot on

Mike Riley, the Dear Leader, speaks for me. I have no need for an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    I wasn't sure what my opinion is on this but thankfully Mike Riley has spoken for me so I won't bother thinking now
    Why do you feel it necessary to ridicule Mike Riley all the time ?
    He has my vote as a Health and Safety rep in stating that we should follow guidelines being set out for the fans safety when we lift the cup .
    I will find it hard to contain myself to till the sunday but look on it this way as we can celebrate all saturday night sleep a bit and then restart the festivities .
    Only drawback I can see is we wont get along Princes St as it is closed - will we have to go along George st to see them returning with the cup

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    So who else is up for doing the hibees bounce down gorgie road if we win the thing?
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Quote Originally Posted by maturehibby View Post
    Why do you feel it necessary to ridicule Mike Riley all the time ?
    He has my vote as a Health and Safety rep in stating that we should follow guidelines being set out for the fans safety when we lift the cup .
    I will find it hard to contain myself to till the sunday but look on it this way as we can celebrate all saturday night sleep a bit and then restart the festivities .
    Only drawback I can see is we wont get along Princes St as it is closed - will we have to go along George st to see them returning with the cup
    Are you not the nutter that phoned in on the radio demanding the players wear HARD HATS while lifting the cup?

You are going against sensible precautions by taking this attitude
    Myself and others have made it a far safer place to live and work in

Quote Originally Posted by maturehibby View Post
    You are going against sensible precautions by taking this attitude
    Myself and others have made it a far safer place to live and work in
    Do you want the players to wear hi-vis vests too? We could change the scoreboard at ER to count how many days we've had since an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Do you want the players to wear hi-vis vests too? We could change the scoreboard at ER to count how many days we've had since an accident.
    Have been in grounds that should not have a safety certificate and whats wrong with wearing ahard hat at Ibrox parkhead and the pink bus shelter where they throw thinga at your self and safety goggles too would not go astray .
    And as for having the days without an incident at ER -whats wrong with that and unfortunately it could double for the days since we won a home game too (sad)