hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar

Mike Riley - time to go (moaning about the final tickets)

Anyone read his comments today in the een, is he for real?

I'll try to post a link.

Also someone claiming 'blackmail' as he can't take his grandson to the final, even though he has a ST.
    Last edited by PaulSmith; 21-04-2012 at 12:27 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone read his comments today in the een, is he for real?
    I know he made comments about the fact that Scottish football needed "New Rangers" etc etc last week, but can you copy/paste or link which comments you are talking about here? (They don't sell the Evening News in Brazil )

Is he moaning about not being guaranteed a cup final ticket?

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Bit of an ironic quote coming from someone who seems to think he's a massively deserving fan - "I feel we are being blackmailed into buying season tickets when we don’t even know if we will be playing in the SPL next season,”

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    "I would like to have seen them doing something like the loyalty points scheme at Hearts"

That's just plain daft. How could you possibly do that retrospectively? Hibs will have a record of everyone who has bought tickets in advance, but someone could have paid on the day for most Hibs games this season and there would be no record of their attendance whatsoever (unless they kept the stubs!).

he had his chance to learn to shut it and didn't take it

No sympathy for him now

I'm not a season ticket holder but I want Hibs to get good crowds and do well. At other clubs there are so many ST holders there are ballots - so even the ST isn't a guarantee - the club aren't blackmailing anyone

Don't go if you can't - that's life - nobody is entitled to a ticket - even season ticket holders at more successful clubs

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    It's a bit embarrassing. If you want priority tickets either get a season ticket or you should have paid £20 (including a free home ticket for the guy who goes to every game) and other benefits. I'm stunned that these folk who apparently go to games all the time and have been fans for so many years don't know that. Or is it just sour grapes?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    How many times has Mike Reilly been to see hibs this season, or last? In fact does he ever go to watch Hibs?

Whine, whine, bitch, bitch, it's not fair, boo-****ing-hoo is a fair summary of that article.

I wish folk would stop blaming the club for their decision to not buy an ST or £20 membership. It's infantile.

Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    he had his chance to learn to shut it and didn't take it

No sympathy for him now

I'm not a season ticket holder but I want Hibs to get good crowds and do well. At other clubs there are so many ST holders there are ballots - so even the ST isn't a guarantee - the club aren't blackmailing anyone

Don't go if you can't - that's life - nobody is entitled to a ticket - even season ticket holders at more successful clubs
    He is perfectly entitled to air his views. I guess he is more than able to handle the flak that comes from putting yourself in the firing line like that as well.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Hibs did the correct thing, and are trying to increase revenue for PF's budget......

For anyone to cite "blackmail" is well wide of the mark. Really think in the position Mike holds at Hibs Club, he should refrain from making such damaging statements
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Our society raises up the cult of the individual so when that individuals 'rights', here the 'right' to a cup final ticket, are 'infringed' then they feel the right to moan and winge to anyone who will listen.

Hibs got the cup final ticket distribution right, get over it.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    He is perfectly entitled to air his views. I guess he is more than able to handle the flak that comes from putting yourself in the firing line like that as well.
    He's entitled to air his views, but if he's going to be referred to as "Chairman of the Hibs Supporters Club", it gives the impression that he's displaying an opinion that is widespread among fans. He should ask to drop that tag if he's airing a view that is solely his own.

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Whine, whine, bitch, bitch, it's not fair, boo-****ing-hoo is a fair summary of that article.

I wish folk would stop blaming the club for their decision to not buy an ST or £20 membership. It's infantile.
    Agreed. The club did what they had to do. If they didn't they would have recieved as much if not more criticism.

He is perfectly entitled to have his say, but what he says can be looked at and criticised. We do not have any loyalty scheme, so how can we use one?

He also says Hibs are fleecing the fans AGAIN, fleecing them like giving away free tickets tomorrow, or green day last season, or numerous things that have made season tickets devalued over the last couple of seasons?

His opinion is not the opinion of the majority, he should be making that clear when speaking out. He will be ok though, he has a season ticket, he wont be missing out, will he?

Not as an "official" representative of Hibs fans he isn't, if that is not what the vast majority of Hibs fans actually think.

And would you say that Hibs fans also think "Newco Rangers" should be allowed back into the SPL? (Because he said that recently as well to the media, as the "official" Hibs supporters representative, and he was the only SPL fans rep to say this)

Maybe he should make it clear whether he is speaking as a private individual or on behalf of the fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Hibs did the correct thing, and are trying to increase revenue for PF's budget......

For anyone to cite "blackmail" is well wide of the mark. Really think in the position Mike holds at Hibs Club, he should refrain from making such damaging statements
    He does not have Hibs at heart, he has his own interests and the club in sunnyside interests first.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    In one of the James Bond books, Ian Fleming says “Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action”.

Given that MR has expressed views on the appointment of Fenlon, the future of Rangers and now the ticketing for the final, all of which are the opposite of what seems like the consensus, it makes you wonder exactly what MR's agenda is. He'll be telling us next that a Hearts win would be a good thing for Edinburgh.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    Not as an "official" representative of Hibs fans he isn't, if that is not what the vast majority of Hibs fans actually think.

And would you say that Hibs fans also think "Newco Rangers" should be allowed back into the SPL? (Because he said that recently as well to the media, as the "official" Hibs supporters representative, and he was the only SPL fans rep to say this)

Maybe he should make it clear whether he is speaking as a private individual or on behalf of the fans?
    I wouldn't say anything to the press, I ain't that dumb.

I don't think an ''Official'' fans spokesperson could actually exist so the title doesn't bother me that much.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Hibs are doing the right thing, as a ST holder I don't expect to be allocated anymore than 1 ticket for the final, however as someone who has kept supporting the club over the past few years (and next season) by continuing to buy a season ticket each year I am thankful that Hibs have chosen to reward me with an extra ticket which is going to someone deserving (not a hanger on).

At the end of the day Hibs are rewarding loyal fans, we don't have a points system in place so that was never going to be an option for people without STs or memberships.

Mike Riley does not speak for the majority of Hibs fans and needs to keep his opinions to himself.

No amount of moaning is going to change the fact they do not contribute enough financially to Hibernian fc in the present to be considered loyal fans worth rewarding. Moan all you want about ST holders getting treated well but we pay the teams wages this season and next assuming you have already renewed.

@hibs.net private member
    Just what we need eh? Quite possibly the biggest game in living memory and the time for every fan to get behind the club and support the team. What does this self appointed poor excuse for a "fans representative” do but run down the good name of the club all over again. Exactly what is it with this guy and people around him?
    No other club support would find an excuse to moan greet and complain for so many non reasons as this shower. Are they really Hibs fans at all? They most certainly are not Hibs supporters

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Bit of an ironic quote coming from someone who seems to think he's a massively deserving fan - "I feel we are being blackmailed into buying season tickets when we don’t even know if we will be playing in the SPL next season,”
    You'd think having an ST would be a minimum requirement for his role. Secondly you think that the last think he should be doing is criticising the club for looking to increase ST sales.

Next thing this walloper will no doubt be doing is criticising our player investment in the summer:giruy:

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    "I would like to have seen them doing something like the loyalty points scheme at Hearts"

That's just plain daft. How could you possibly do that retrospectively? Hibs will have a record of everyone who has bought tickets in advance, but someone could have paid on the day for most Hibs games this season and there would be no record of their attendance whatsoever (unless they kept the stubs!).
    Totally agree. Sick and tired of that Halfwit getting the chance to have his ill thought out views given public airtime. Does he have a handy Time Machine to go back and establish the non existent Loyalty Points Scheme or to remember Hibs fans who have attended the Cup games to day to remember to keep their Ticket Stubs?

Riley - sit down shut up and stop making an @rse of yourself and the supporters you seem to think you represent!

You stupid boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    Totally agree. Sick and tired of that Halfwit getting the chance to have his ill thought out views given public airtime. Does he have a handy Time Machine to go back and establish the non existent Loyalty Points Scheme or to remember Hibs fans who have attended the Cup games to day to remember to keep their Ticket Stubs?

Riley - sit down shut up and stop making an @rse of yourself and the supporters you seem to think you represent!

You stupid boy!

First Team Breakthrough glenn6270's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post

all he does is sell a football ticket on a sat/sun man is a joke
    Last edited by Mikey; 21-04-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Fixed quotes

Blog Entries
    This guy Reilly was way out of order the other week with his 'comments' on what Hibs supporters wanted in relation to relegation and Cup Final victory. I don't particularly go along with what he says here as well but if he's going to be criticized for things said here, get the facts right. He is not the one using the 'blackmail' accusation. That was said by the other guy, William Greenfield.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Riley can GTF, not once has the fud said what I've felt about the club, and by the threads about him it's the same with a lot of others.

Was it him that criticised the appointment of PF and said something along the lines of how we could have gotten Gordon Strachan in?

The man disnae have a clue.