hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Very interesting about the ring fenced tickets. Just shows that they listen to fans! Maybe the 1% claiming blackmail etc will
    Shut up now

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Wonder how they plan to do allocate them?

I also can't work out their logic in saying there will probably be no public sale = all our tickets are going to go at st and members priority stages, then taking 200 to one side... Only way that can work would be members not being able to get tickets surely?

I still think there will be a couple thousand for public sale.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very interesting about the ring fenced tickets. Just shows that they listen to fans! Maybe the 1% claiming blackmail etc will
    Shut up now
    Don't hold your breath

Interesting that 1000 STs have been sold since Fri lunchtime, that is excellent news for Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Wonder how they plan to do allocate them?

I also can't work out their logic in saying there will probably be no public sale = all our tickets are going to go at st and members priority stages, then taking 200 to one side... Only way that can work would be members not being able to get tickets surely?

I still think there will be a couple thousand for public sale.
    Probably but with over 1000 Season Ticket Memberships for 2012/13 having been sold since Friday lunchtime some supporters don't fancy the risk of a chance of a ticket against a certainty.

Well played Petrie

I was hoping that they may do something for international folks that want to attend that may not have friends that can get them that 2nd ticket.

That, of course, is just one example.

200 tickets? It's a bit of a token gesture, but one they didn't need to make I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeesLA View Post
    I was hoping that they may do something for international folks that want to attend that may not have friends that can get them that 2nd ticket.

Totally agree with that. Folk willing to travel 1000s of miles in some cases deserve a ticket.
    Space to let

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar

That's exactly my position. I was hoping the same.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    I seem to recall that in the past Hibs have been highly sympathetic to those prepared to travel long distances.

Does John O'Groats count as international?

Keep your stub from today, I can see the 200 going to the guys that was there today

First Team Breakthrough Penrith Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Shut up now
    As part of that 1%, the fact the club have ring fenced 200 tickets for 'pay at the gate' customers means nothing at this time and does not change my interpretation that Rod the accountant is doing what's best for HFC in his eyes, making sure the balance sheet is okay. I have no problem with people with ST's members etc.. getting priority, you deserve it but Rod is counting on people like myself, who can't guarantee to be able to attend the majority of games, especially those on Sundays, to buy a ST to guarantee a ticket for a final (which will be my 5th if I get a ticket). That to me is emotional blackmail, but the point with any sort of blackmail is that the person subject of the demand, does not have to pay. So I will wait for any general sale and use contacts if not successful but will not be bull dozed into paying £450 for a cup final ticket and the odd game next season, hopefully in the SPL of course.

Whatever happens, I bleed green and white, I'm not greetin and cursing, just patiently pointing out my view and yes, my family had ST's for the Tic 3-0 final year, traveling a 400 mile round trip for each home game, but times and money available changes things. One last 'alleged' story about Rod after our latest defeat to the yams. Confronted by smirking Yam officials crowing about the score, Rod replied "aye, but whose got the best balance sheet!" or something along those lines. Sums up the man in charge of our club. Accountant through and through but not football.

I think it will be those who were at game today tbh

joe_hfc
    Left by mutual consent!
    Do we a way of this site's users who have spare tickets sell them to those of us who need one? I'm in need of 2

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penrith Hibee View Post
    As part of that 1%, the fact the club have ring fenced 200 tickets for 'pay at the gate' customers means nothing at this time and does not change my interpretation that Rod the accountant is doing what's best for HFC in his eyes, making sure the balance sheet is okay. I have no problem with people with ST's members etc.. getting priority, you deserve it but Rod is counting on people like myself, who can't guarantee to be able to attend the majority of games, especially those on Sundays, to buy a ST to guarantee a ticket for a final (which will be my 5th if I get a ticket). That to me is emotional blackmail, but the point with any sort of blackmail is that the person subject of the demand, does not have to pay. So I will wait for any general sale and use contacts if not successful but will not be bull dozed into paying £450 for a cup final ticket and the odd game next season, hopefully in the SPL of course.

Whatever happens, I bleed green and white, I'm not greetin and cursing, just patiently pointing out my view and yes, my family had ST's for the Tic 3-0 final year, traveling a 400 mile round trip for each home game, but times and money available changes things.
    Idiotic post, purely designed to kick at Rod Petrie.

Why didn't you become a club member?

Rod the accountant only wanted £20 for that and you'd have been guaranteed a ticket.

One last 'alleged' story about Rod after our latest defeat to the yams. Confronted by smirking Yam officials crowing about the score, Rod replied "aye, but whose got the best balance sheet!" or something along those lines. Sums up the man in charge of our club. Accountant through and through but not football.
    Did you know there's no such word as gullible in the English dictionary?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    I'd email the club if I was in your positions. I can't see them being completely heartless about it, if you're prepared to travel over for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Keep your stub from today, I can see the 200 going to the guys that was there today
    Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    I think it will be those who were at game today tbh
    Not a chance. They can't announce in a week or two that folk should have kept their stubs from the Killie game. Some folk will have binned them already.

I think that they'll look at their database to see if they can pick some 'most deserving' non-ST holder or members. Hence why the number is so low, any higher and it would presumably take them ages to do.

Whatever happens, I bleed green and white, I'm not greetin and cursing, just patiently pointing out my view and yes, my family had ST's for the Tic 3-0 final year, traveling a 400 mile round trip for each home game, but times and money available changes things. One last 'alleged' story about Rod after our latest defeat to the yams. Confronted by smirking Yam officials crowing about the score, Rod replied "aye, but whose got the best balance sheet!" or something along those lines. Sums up the man in charge of our club. Accountant through and through but not football.
    If you had a ST in 2000/01 (and got priority for the 2000/01 cup final), I can't understand why Hibs have ignored you for the 2011/12 cup final. A ST should guarantee you a cup final ticket for life.

Quote Originally Posted by joe_hfc View Post
    Do we a way of this site's users who have spare tickets sell them to those of us who need one? I'm in need of 2

I don't want to be rude but we've got folk whining about ST holders getting two tickets. It might be best to start off asking for one ticket and see how that goes.

First Team Breakthrough 1875HFC's Avatar
    Folk on here would soon start whining and complaining if Hibs was run by a hard core football fan who had a passion for the sport but didnt have a business brain. The club would pretty rapidly go into financial turnmoil so IMO Petrie has pulled off a masterstroke to capitalise on a big moment for HIbs and boost the club income whislt at the same time promoting individuals to come back and watch our team for next season.

Imagine the field day people would have posting criticisms about Hibs when they are threatened with administration because whoever runs the club doesnt have the drive to make the club a profitable company.

anyway on a lighter note...hope everyone will be behind the team on the 19th May no matter what!!

Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    Probably but with over 1000 Season Ticket Memberships for 2012/13 having been sold since Friday lunchtime some supporters don't fancy the risk of a chance of a ticket against a certainty.

Well played Petrie
    It doesn't say how many of these are renewals rather than new STs.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post

Whoop de friggin whoop....................a whole 200 tickets for all the supporters not connected to any of the schemes, well, looks like it's the pub for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Idiotic post, purely designed to kick at Rod Petrie.

Why didn't you become a club member?

Rod the accountant only wanted £20 for that and you'd have been guaranteed a ticket.

Did you know there's no such word as gullible in the English dictionary?

I'm sure a lot of us didn't expect to get to a cup final this year, hence why the club membership wasn't taken by even more of us. As said, trying to use the cup final just to boost season tickets is wrong, there are many supporters who can't make a lot of games due to work/money problems etc, asking us to fork out £405 just to make sure we get a final ticket is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    I'm sure a lot of us didn't expect to get to a cup final this year, hence why the club membership wasn't taken by even more of us. As said, trying to use the cup final just to boost season tickets is wrong, there are many supporters who can't make a lot of games due to work/money problems etc, asking us to fork out £405 just to make sure we get a final ticket is wrong.
    And your solution is?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    And your solution is?
    Well for a start telling anyone who renews their season tickets for next year will get 2 instead of 1 ticket, surely 1 ticket per season ticket ( this year or for next ) / 1 per membership sheme and the rest to public sale ( there are a lot who pay at the gate )

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Well for a start telling anyone who renews their season tickets for next year will get 2 instead of 1 ticket, surely 1 ticket per season ticket ( this year or for next ) / 1 per membership sheme and the rest to public sale ( there are a lot who pay at the gate )
    Is that not exactly what they have done?

With crowds under 9000 there's not that many that pay at the gate really
    Last edited by hibee; 22-04-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I'd email the club if I was in your positions. I can't see them being completely heartless about it, if you're prepared to travel over for the game.

Not a chance. They can't announce in a week or two that folk should have kept their stubs from the Killie game. Some folk will have binned them already.

I think that they'll look at their database to see if they can pick some 'most deserving' non-ST holder or members. Hence why the number is so low, any higher and it would presumably take them ages to do.
    Surely the database will be capable of a simple search to find the "200" based upon whtever criteria are determined to be appropriate and then searched on!?

Shouldn't take too long whatever the criteria are provided the data is on the database!

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Does anyone know if members and season ticket holders can apply together for tics?

( there are a lot who pay at the gate )
    Not going by this years attendances there isn't

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    Is that not exactly what they have done?

With crowds under 9000 there's not that many that pay at the gate really

I didn't write that down properly, blonde moment.

I meant to say not giving 2 tickets at all, only allocating 1 per season ticket, mo matter when it's bought, leaving more for public sale.