hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough

Should Doyle start

With Lee now suspended for the pars game
    And oconnor picking up an injury yesterday.
    Should we wrap him in cotton wool and give
    Doyle a run in the team??????
    I think he will be a much improved player next
    Season once he gets a good proper pre season
    Under his belt and maybe beefs up a bit.
    :pfgwa

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    I think he should get a shot certainly. He could play up with O'Connor or O'Donovan. Preferably the latter, which would probably mean that it's all done and dusted by that game i.e we've beat St Mirren & Aberdeen.

I have a feeling Doyle has a big part to play this season for Hibs, cant explian it but it is a strong feeling that he has a part to play in bringing things about that are good for us.GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I think we need to give the rest of our 1st team squad a game or 2 over the coming weeks. If we were to get injuries and suspensions the guys coming in haven't had much game time recently.
    Player like,
    Doyle
    O'Donnovan
    Francomb
    Wotherspoon
    Towell
    Booth
    Murray
    O'Hanlon...................

I know we cant change a full team, but we need these guys ready in case they need to step in.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Id like to see Doyle getting more of a shot. Hes going to need time and games to get used to the league, which he doesnt seem to be getting. Obviously O'Connor and Griffiths have been 2 of our better players, but Doyle even seems to be behind ROD in the pecking order, despite being our player.

It might not only be important for this season but also for next - hes the only senior striker thats definitely going to be at the club.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We aren't in a position to rest anyone yet and might not be at all this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct. 100%.

We are in NO position to rest anyone until (IF we manage it) we are mathematically sufficiently ahead of the Pars so as to relegate them. At this point in time, we most certainly are not.

Dont go kidding yourselves folks. The same arguments about our not being bad enough to be relegated were wheeled out the last time by blinkered people who thought some slice of divine intervention from footballing God's would suddenly turn our team of serial underachievers into a footballing force overnight, JUST because we're Hibs.

The fact is, we shouldnt be in the **** we are in BUT, we are. And I for one dont give a ratts ass about who is fit for the ScottisH Cup Final when faced with 38 games in the first division. Yes, I'd like the Scottish Cup. What sane/normal/red blooded Hibs fan wouldnt. But, first and foremost, is the bread and butter. THAT, is SPL survival. Once that's guaranteed, then we'll worry about resting players and such like.

Make no mistake. Losing to the yams in the SCF would be bad...almost as bad as it gets. BUT, being relegated and having pelters and abuse from July through to next May would be FAR, FAR worse.......it doesnt bear thinking about. SPL status first. Scottish Cup too if we can manage it. Ideally, both.

Like I said, well done to the players for reaching the SCF. Unfortunately though, we shouldnt HAVE to pick whether or not we want to win the cup or stay in the league and thanks to the majority of our season being played out by gutless journeymen, thats where we are.

Still hope we **** the yams in the final and stay up of course but lets no be talking radge aboot resting players...

GGTTH.

Testimonial Due
    I think Doyle coming into the team will be subject to O'Connor's injury. I dont think we can afford to be resting players, but perhaps using them more sparingly i.e. perhaps starting an injury free o'connor, god forbid going up and then looking to change things.

Other teams will be more than aware that are players are not going to look to get stuck in for fear of injury and suspension so not a bad time to be using the bench, guys like Doyle O'Donnavan and Francomb.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Would like to see him getting a proper chance.

He contributed hugely with his goal against Killie.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Ultimately I think that if we were to start Doyle and RO'D in the coming weeks then they would probably get more game time than other players not currently in the squad.

When he 1st arrived his movement and work off the ball looked great.
    Unfortunately the more time he got he proved to be very lightweight.
    I think Doyle may be a player but he needs a preseason to bulk up and not be so easily knocked off the ball.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I think Doyle may be a player but he needs a preseason to bulk up and not be so easily knocked off the ball.
    I said that from the very start along with lack of change of pace and have seen little to change my opinion. Hope he goes on to prove me wrong very soon.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Doyle looked as though he had already bulked up a bit when he was doing his warm up routine on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    I think he should get a shot certainly. He could play up with O'Connor or O'Donovan. Preferably the latter, which would probably mean that it's all done and dusted by that game i.e we've beat St Mirren & Aberdeen.
    dont be silly, you will get shot down in flames for making such a statement

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Until mathematically imposable for us to go down, we play our strongest team possible. If we have games to spare then play the odd fringe player from the start.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Left by mutual consent!

HKHibby

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Correct we are in no position to rest anyone or predict anything! we need to at least get 10/12 points ahead of Dunfermline to be safe, Jeffries will use his utmost at Dunfermline to try and catch us! and you cant blame him!, we need to put the Scottish cup final and Derby final at the back of the mind for now! until safe!