hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That YouTube clip was at the Toyota centre in Houston, I used to go there and watch the Rockets play when I worked out there a few years ago. I've seen proposals like that there a few times and I guess it's just a matter of time before someone said no.

Girl probably could/should have said something before they went on court as it must have been pretty obvious what was going on. Still, the guy only has himself to blame for the public humiliation.

Regardless of the outcome, I can't think of a more tasteless way to propose. Each to their own though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To which later he would doubtless say, "But you accepted, in front of hundreds of thousands of TV viewers!"

Only himself to blame. If there is any risk at all that your partner has doubts, don't go and pop the question in front of hundreds (or hundreds of thousands) of onlookers. Public embarrassment is not the way to convince someone to make a longer-term commitment to a relationship.
    Yep, if you're gonna hang out the window then expect a fall. I feel sorry for the girl as she has to make a split second decision in a lose lose situation.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LAHIBBY View Post
    She was quite nice but Thd guy should have been sure of her answer before asking in such a public way!

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    Hermit Crab
    Quote Originally Posted by [B
    ; [/B]3195683]Oh that's a sore one. If I ever get in a position to ask a girl to marry me I hope she doesn't do that to me!! I'd be gutted, not that I would propose at Easter rd or anything. Poor guy.
    You maybe need to come out your shell a bit more.
    Last edited by Baker9; 25-04-2012 at 07:25 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Oh that's a sore one. If I ever get in a position to ask a girl to marry me I hope she doesn't do that to me!! I'd be gutted, not that I would propose at Easter rd or anything. Poor guy.
    There's a simple solution - pop the question somewhere private without a watching audience of millions and then you won't look like a complete tool if she says no.