hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt92 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone know where I can get my form for the final online?
    From 5pm tonight it says on the Hibs site

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    So by giving all ST holders two tickets everyone would be happy and get a ticket but by only giving renewing ST holders two tickets, no-one will get a ticket? How does that work?

Or reward someone that would be loyal if they could afford it, didn't work weekends, live away from Edinburgh etc etc.

This shows how Hibs couldn't win, irrespective of what they decided to do with the tickets. One moans about all ST holders not being given two tickets unconditionally because doing so would have meant that everyone would be able to get a ticket and one moans about anyone getting two tickets, presumably because it will mean not everyone can get a ticket.
    By giving all ST holders one ticket each it would've meant a larger amount available for public sale. All the folk you mention could then try and get a ticket that way (online, phone or queuing - just how it works for any large event).

I'm not sure why everyone's placing so much trust in ST holders to make sure the ticket to someone worthy?! Let those that are really desperate for a ticket queue or get up early to get online/phone.

Quote Originally Posted by madabouthibs View Post
    I'm a non-season ticket holder, and I agree with what the club is doing. I won't be buying a ST regardless.
    However, I can't fathom out how, using simple arithmetic and based on figures being thrown about on here, we won't be having a general sale.
    General consensus is that we have 7000 ST holders now.
    If every single one of them renews, which is unlikely there would be 14000 if every single one of them buys their allocated 2 tickets, then members of about 1000, and new ST holders of, for arguements sake an optimistic IMO 3000.......
    I didn't do too well at school, but that kinda leaves 2000 no? Are Hibs giving away 1800 tickets to suits and toffs? Then of course we're bound to get back some from Hampden?

I reckon we'll have a general sale of about 3000 tickets. My flask and sleeping bag is on stand by.
    Typical Hibs spin trying to frighten hard up hunters into parting with 400 notes for a Cup Final Ticket. I'm a ST holder and can't make the final so there will be at lest 1 ticket in the general sale :)

In fact I'm not even convinced Hibs approach to selling Cup Final tickets is strictly legal ie you have to buy an overpriced season ticket to have a chance of buying a Final ticket. As close to touting as you can get!

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I'd give them the one they can use, they're entitled to it. It's only fair.
    Actually some are entitled to two and no amount of whinging after the fact is going to change that. Who knows, maybe some will give the spare ticket to somebody as deserving as yourself rather than to some random stranger with no interest in fitba.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    I am 56. I have NEVER failed to get a ticket for any Hibs game I wanted to go to. Every time we have a game like this coming along there is panic after panic. I am absolutely convinced there will be a general sale. Gobsmacked if not. And if there is not, it means, as far as I am concerned that our accounting charman is an absolute genius and that Hibs will benefit from the extra cash for next season.

Laissez les bon temps roulez et allez les verts.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Actually some are entitled to two and no amount of whinging after the fact is going to change that. Who knows, maybe some will give the spare ticket to somebody as deserving as yourself rather than to some random stranger with no interest in fitba.
    My argument is that they shouldn't be entitled to 2 tickets!

I can get a ticket no bother - I'm arguing about the process because I don't agree with it, not because I'm missing out.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    By giving all ST holders one ticket each it would've meant a larger amount available for public sale. All the folk you mention could then try and get a ticket that way (online, phone or queuing - just how it works for any large event).

I'm not sure why everyone's placing so much trust in ST holders to make sure the ticket to someone worthy?! Let those that are really desperate for a ticket queue or get up early to get online/phone.
    The vast majority of +1 tickets will be given to fans of Hibs. The worthy fans as you put it are the ones with season tickets for this season and the ones buying for next.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    The vast majority of +1 tickets will be given to fans of Hibs. The worthy fans as you put it are the ones with season tickets for this season and the ones buying for next.
    In no way am I debating that ST holders are King. I'm just saying that they shouldn't be playing God as well.

My argument is that they shouldn't be entitled to 2 tickets!

I can get a ticket no bother - I'm arguing about the process because I don't agree with it, not because I'm missing out.
    I know. You've mentioned it more than a few times over the past couple of days.
    Last edited by marinello59; 23-04-2012 at 07:37 AM.

In no way am I debating that ST holders are King. I'm just saying that they shouldn't be playing God as well.
    But you are decreeing that they shouldn't get two as they don't deserve them. Are you playing God?

@hibs.net private member
    But you are decreeing that they shouldn't get two as they don't deserve them. Are you playing God?
    Obviously not - I'm not getting to make any decision in the process by merely stating my opinion.

The Club have decided that ST can decide who goes to the Final. Does that make the Club God and ST holders Jesus?

Obviously not - I'm not getting to make any decision in the process by merely stating my opinion.

The Club have decided that ST can decide who goes to the Final. Does that make the Club God and ST holders Jesus?
    That would be an ecumenical matter.

@hibs.net private member
    That would be an ecumenical matter.
    Probably belongs on the Holy Ground forum in that case.

Coaching Staff
    Nothing wrong with rewarding loyalty, of course ST holders should get 1st dibs on the tickets. But they don't need 2 so they can choose to punt it to the highest bidder or to reward someone that's not been loyal!
    We might not need two but in these times when we have had to watch the crap that we have, and still stuck hands in the pockets to renew before the cup final ticket allocation was announced, or before we had even got to the final. Too right those people deserve to be rewarded with an additional ticket to do what they like with.

The 'crowd' yesterday, which included a free kids ticket with every single adult ticket, if wanted, proves the allocation was spot on.

It is not compulsory for qualifying ST holders to take the two tickets and surely many, if not most of them, will only want the one.

I get the point you're making (although I don't agree) but my point (this time, at least) was that Hibs can't win.

Probably belongs on the Holy Ground forum in that case.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    We might not need two but in these times when we have had to watch the crap that we have, and still stuck hands in the pockets to renew before the cup final ticket allocation was announced, or before we had even got to the final. Too right those people deserve to be rewarded with an additional ticket to do what they like with.

The 'crowd' yesterday, which included a free kids ticket with every single adult ticket, if wanted, proves the allocation was spot on.
    If a guarantee of getting the one ticket you'll need isn't reward enough, maybe they could've chopped some money off the price you pay for the ticket? Instead they give you an additional ticket that you can't use.

Come to think about it that sounds similar to the argument many were making a few weeks ago about getting a free OF ticket for renewing their ST?

I currently find myself in the position of hoping for a Public Sale ticketwise due to my highly reduced recent visits to ER (which is perfectly acceptable, I've only got myself to blame), but, it must be a bit frustrating for the more frequent PATG punters to read about folk who stay on the other side of the world or tiny wee bairns who will have no recollection of the days events getting a ticket via a ST holder.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I currently find myself in the position of hoping for a Public Sale ticketwise due to my highly reduced recent visits to ER (which is perfectly acceptable, I've only got myself to blame), but, it must be a bit frustrating for the more frequent PATG punters to read about folk who stay on the other side of the world or tiny wee bairns who will have no recollection of the days events getting a ticket via a ST holder.
    I am going to making no judgement on the whether or not people in those categories should get a ticket or not but how many ST holders would be passing on their second ticket to those groups. Precious few, the truth is most will go to people they have sat with or travelled to games with in the past. Every single Hibs fan could make a valid claim to ''deserving''a ticket and I wouldn't argue with any of them.

If a guarantee of getting the one ticket you'll need isn't reward enough, maybe they could've chopped some money off the price you pay for the ticket? Instead they give you an additional ticket that you can't use.

Come to think about it that sounds similar to the argument many were making a few weeks ago about getting a free OF ticket for renewing their ST?
    Yes, there were a few giving that as a reason not to renew as it was no real incentive. While others just went ahead and renewed. .