hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NO i am not a fan of PF and in time i will be joined by most Hibs fans, did you know he broke the last 2 clubs that he managed and ran from Derry City after a few months and his SPL record is worse than Calderwoods
    Overspending directors "break" football clubs, either that or managers who are given too much freedon (JJ @HMFC for example).

Neither is the case at Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hayes and Swanson on the wings next season would be very decent and give us the width we havent had since under TM.

Two old fashioned wingers, a playmaker and a ball winning midfielder is really all it takes to have a successful midfield if the players are decent, fit and well organised, which are three qualities i filmly believe PF can instill next season.

First Team Breakthrough muzzhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: muzz-a-bear
    NO i am not a fan of PF and in time i will be joined by most Hibs fans, did you know he broke the last 2 clubs that he managed and ran from Derry City after a few months and his SPL record is worse than Calderwoods
    coco was fortunate to go on a winning run in feb last year, this year, we havent been as fortunate, take sunday as an example. not attacking you btw, just curious, whats all your reason for not liking PF?

I personally like Lewis, Claros and (especially when he first arrived) Ozzie and I dont think our midfield is as bad as sometimes trailed on here. Theres no doubt, however, that Hayes and Swanson coming in would be a good thing and give us some options especially out wide.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzhfc View Post
    coco was fortunate to go on a winning run in feb last year, this year, we havent been as fortunate, take sunday as an example. not attacking you btw, just curious, whats all your reason for not liking PF?
    Its not that i don't like PF but i was living in Dublin when he was manager of Shelbourne and the Shels fans reckon he broke the club as they were the highest paying club in the LOI Bohemians were also the biggest spenders in that league during PF time and both clubs almost went bang, so PF is a chequebook manager because when he went to Derry City they were not prepared to become big spenders so PF walked away, (Shelbourne have only got back to the top flight this season and Bohemians are struggling at the bottom of the league)

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Its not that i don't like PF but i was living in Dublin when he was manager of Shelbourne and the Shels fans reckon he broke the club as they were the highest paying club in the LOI Bohemians were also the biggest spenders in that league during PF time and both clubs almost went bang, so PF is a chequebook manager because when he went to Derry City they were not prepared to become big spenders so PF walked away, (Shelbourne have only got back to the top flight this season and Bohemians are struggling at the bottom of the league)
    Petrie is quite well known to keep the tight strings relatively tight though, this will have been made well aware to Paddy by others and more than likely by Petre aswell. In Fenlon we trust

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    You are at it, lets ignore the league titles and cups the guy won and also doing exceptionally well last season with no squad. PF is a decent
    Last edited by MSK; 27-04-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: If you have a problem with the poster please report it to Admins thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    You are at it, lets ignore the league titles and cups the guy won and also doing exceptionally well last season with no squad. PF is a decent manager and will do well at Hibs. .
    Last edited by MSK; 27-04-2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Quote edited

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I personally like Lewis, Claros and (especially when he first arrived) Ozzie and I dont think our midfield is as bad as sometimes trailed on here. Theres no doubt, however, that Hayes and Swanson coming in would be a good thing and give us some options especially out wide.
    This is where I'd like to see us improve. We just don't have the 'wide' option. In fact, we lack options in general.

I'd love to see these two at Hibs next season. Hayes especially.

For the final I'd love to see Fenlon pull out a wee surprise and maybe bring in one of our u19's/young lads. Would be handy to have a wee surprise factor on the bench who could run at their defence and cause problems.

Watched the yams in the semi and they were able to change things about in the attacking third. The wee fud Templeton gave them another dimension and caused Celtic problems. Also gave them an outlet at times.

I'm not fully up to speed with our young lads at that level but there must be someone who would be worth a punt coming off the bench to give us something different. A bit of pace/energy.

Just my thoughts..

Edit: Hopefully at 3-0 with 2 mins to go obviously

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    You are at it, lets ignore the league titles and cups the guy won and also doing exceptionally well last season with no squad. PF is a decent manager and will do well at Hibs. .
    Agreed. No idea why people are replying to him.
    Last edited by MSK; 27-04-2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Quote edited

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post

Surely we can attract him more than them!

Paolo Sergio used to park in disabled spaces when he was at Sporting Lisbon.

First Team Breakthrough Mon_the_cabbage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Paolo Sergio used to park in disabled spaces when he was at Sporting Lisbon.
    However to be fair to PS, he stopped that once the parking attendant pointed out that losing both eyebrows in a freak accident did not constitute a disability!

First Team Breakthrough muzzhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: muzz-a-bear
    for us to be sucessful on the flanks, we need a set up like man u, where they have evra and rafael as attacking full backs and people like valencia/young to track back and cover if they are caught out of possition. so with kujabi (anyone think he would be better suited on left midfield and us sign a better defendsive left back??) already here we just need 3 players for the flanks, mcpake and griffiths to sign long term and a couple of others and we will be fine ;-)