hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Fate

Fate

I have a confession. I have doubts about us winning this thing!

I know, I know, it's not something I should be admitting to.

My doubts, though, aren't in the management, players or, us, the fans. My doubts are that fate doesn't let us do things like this.

How many of us had resigned ourselves to the fact that we would never see Hibs win the Scottish Cup in our lifetimes? I certainly did. Why?

Maybe it's like the person who checks their lottery ticket 40 times before they believe that they've actually won the jackpot. I hope so.

As a Hibs and Scotland supporter, I have seen more than my fair share of plucky defeats. Seen enough great performances but no silverware. Too many times I've been told that we should hold our heads high.

I'm hoping that fate was waiting until this moment to allow us to change history. That it was fated for us to end the hoodoo by beating them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    I would gladly see Scotland condemned to an eternity of plucky defeats if it meant a Hibs win on Saturday.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Dont worry its in the bagIts just the waiting that makes people nervous.Any nerves will just make the outpouring of emotion after victory all the more pleasurable.

My 'other' team got relegated yesterday. Please Hibs do what Bolton bloody Wanderers couldn't!!

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My 'other' team got relegated yesterday. Please Hibs do what Bolton bloody Wanderers couldn't!!
    The first full season after I moved down to Bolton they were relegated. Man City (the father in law's team) were also relegated. To top it off, Hibs were relegated.

I'm hoping that it's another landmark season for the three teams!

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMG View Post
    The first full season after I moved down to Bolton they were relegated. Man City (the father in law's team) were also relegated. To top it off, Hibs were relegated.

I'm hoping that it's another landmark season for the three teams!
    Fair to say the thought of a double relegation crossed my mind on more than one occasion this season!

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMG View Post
    I have a confession. I have doubts about us winning this thing!

I know, I know, it's not something I should be admitting to.

My doubts, though, aren't in the management, players or, us, the fans. My doubts are that fate doesn't let us do things like this.

How many of us had resigned ourselves to the fact that we would never see Hibs win the Scottish Cup in our lifetimes? I certainly did. Why?

Maybe it's like the person who checks their lottery ticket 40 times before they believe that they've actually won the jackpot. I hope so.

As a Hibs and Scotland supporter, I have seen more than my fair share of plucky defeats. Seen enough great performances but no silverware. Too many times I've been told that we should hold our heads high.

I'm hoping that fate was waiting until this moment to allow us to change history. That it was fated for us to end the hoodoo by beating them.
    Too much negativity. Relax, stay calm, have the belief, she's coming with us, back home to Leith. It's only Jambos ****ting themselves, you're not a F***ing Jambo are ye?

Saturday will be our moment. Believe

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    No such thing as "fate".

You either go out there and do it, or you don't.