hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Why the fights

Why the fights

Trouble in the ground on Sat?2 fights in the stand in each half Not sure what happend,but i was in with my son and now mum had heard about the fights Its going to be a battle to take him to the final.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Alcohol and high emotion are a dangerous mix unfortunately.

Where was this. Saw a bit of pointing going on to my left in D5 about 20 mins into the first half, but just dismissed it.

I saw a guy whack the person in the next seat about the head in the North Stand. He was dressed head to toe in black n white, pretty sure I would recognise him again.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw a guy whack the person in the next seat about the head in the North Stand. He was dressed head to toe in black n white, pretty sure I would recognise him again.
    Was it a panda?? :D

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post

In the enclosure at Edinburgh Zoo, I presume

First Team Breakthrough Curly1875's Avatar
    it was couple rows down from me in section F4, dont really know what happened but police were fairly useless, everyone was trying to wave them over to help the steward who had gone down but they just stood around taking no notice

something happened 2nd half a few sections to the left of me but no idea what went on there although someone next to me said they saw i guy who looked like he was choking being taken out

@hibs.net private member
    F4 ish bit of a stramash but I couldn't see much coz I am only 5' 2" and had some big hiefers around me

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Ah. Now you mention it.............
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I heard about a guy punching someone in the East stand. Not good.

Why the fights?

Without knowing the facts it's probably because some people (even Hibs fans) shouldn't be allowed in a public place until they can prove they can behave properly.

I had a good bevvy yesterday, but, there were some folk staggering about in a ridiculous state if you cannae handle it don't do it! Might not have been drink related though.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I had a good bevvy yesterday, but, there were some folk staggering about in a ridiculous state if you cannae handle it don't do it! Might not have been drink related though.

We're you seeing double, by any chance?

I had a good view of the knob who threw the punch. I was in F7 about he was probably F6, maybe three rows down from me.

After their equaliser he turned round and shouted aggressively at the rest of the crowd, "Where's the f***ing support, eh? Call yourself supporters, f***ing embarrassing." I don't mean the typical and acceptable gesturing for noise and support — he was being a proper cock and swearing at individuals. The guy immediately behind him told him to sit down, cue "Who are you telling to sit down?" and squaring up. Folk beside the instigator calmed him a bit and it seemed over.

Two minutes later he was going to the toilet/kiosk. The guy at the end of the row behind him said something as he passed and he snapped again. This time he was physical and the guy at the end of the row (I'd say he was about 55, the instigator maybe 35-40) stood up. I saw one fairly shan punch connect but he was really going for it, just too mashed to swing straight. It looked like the older guy was defending himself but not striking out. Harder to see at this point as they went down and everyone was standing on seats to have a neb. A group of guys seemed to step in and hold the guy until the police/stewards decided to get involved.

Apologies if any of that's wrong but as I say I saw it fairly clearly though I could only hear what the guy who threw the punches was saying. Especially out of order to carry on like that in a section with so many young kids.

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    I hope not, otherwise he should remember what happened to the guy dressed as a sheep on the train at Carnoustie :o

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

It's also quite worrying that they were pashed outside the ground then still got into the game!

Didn't see any problems & thought the atmosphere was much better than tends to be the case on these most stressful of occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Alcohol and high emotion are a dangerous mix unfortunately.
    Imagine the final.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Didn't witness any of this myself but it makes very sad reading. Shameful to hear of grown men behaving like that. We should always be better than such nonsense.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I was in the East F4 Passageway 31 row Y.

There was a punch up about 10 rows or so behind us. I didnt see who started it, but there was a young lad with blood coming out of his nose who was led away by the stewards, but apart from a big lad in black who seemed to be involved I didnt see who threw the punch or what caused the fight.

Mental

If these folk could't take the pressure on Saturday what the hell will they be like on the 19th of May

Boy definitely took a sore one in F4. Don't know what he said to deserve it though. Another guy near me was lucky as he kept screaming at everyone round about us to sit down. He was being quite an arse about it and a few people had words.

Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post
    Imagine the final.
    Be Brave..

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    I was in the East F4 Passageway 31 row Y.

There was a punch up about 10 rows or so behind us. I didnt see who started it, but there was a young lad with blood coming out of his nose who was led away by the stewards, but apart from a big lad in black who seemed to be involved I didnt see who threw the punch or what caused the fight.

Mental

If these folk could't take the pressure on Saturday what the hell will they be like on the 19th of May
    This was 2 rows right in front of me. There were plenty of 'proper' families around but this had a whole row of twenty somethings. The lad turned up late and was all over the place. In fairness it was all OK for a while, until it all kicked off. The lad was having a go at a big guy in front of him (who was with his young children) - I heard others say he had asked him not to smoke (I didn't see any smoke TBH). Anyway the young lad is taking angry exception and is trying to be calmed down by others (maybe his friends?) Eventually he takes a swing at the big lad, who retaliates and hits him once. Eventually a steward arrives and then a female one and he is carted off. My opinion - he was far too pished to be in a family section (there was a wee girl right behind and was very upset). My youngest is a bit put off about the 'drunk man'. The guys (I think) mates were trying to calm things down and in fariness to them didn't have a go at the big lad. The big lad was not one for quiet diplomacy, though I don't think he did much wrong.

In the past with terracing, if a guys being a dick, you could move. With seats though it's not much fun when there are so many youngsters.