hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry that is nonsense, winning it would make no difference where it was. Wouldnt be lessened in any way where it is IMO.
    No your statement is nonsense.

It's quite easy to understand why the historical significance of playing at Hamden to lift a cup we havn't won for over a century will be important to quite a lot of people.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post
    To you it would make no difference, fine.

But to me it would for my own reasons and it would appear I'm not alone in that thinking going by responses on the other thread. The game will be at Hampden anyway so renders this a pretty pointless debate.
    I am sure it didn't bother the yams when they won it at Parkhead.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Hampden for me.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Argument about this already ?

Nae disagreements, nae arguments, nae bitchin'.

For the next 5 weeks we are all Hibbies, all that matters is being positive, getting behind the Hibs and making sure that when our team run out at Hampden on the 19th of May that we make the watching world's jaw drop at the display, noise and support we give our team.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by ginger_rice View Post
    I fully expect to have to get a ticket to watch it on a big screen at Easter Road! Not a cat in hells chance that there will be tickets going spare for this final.
    good shout that

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    One thing we can't have this time is the team coming out to empty seats in the Hibs end with fewer empties in the Yams' end.

Forget your own nerves, whether you can take it or not, or whatever else, get a ticket, get to Hampden and let's give the boys the best support they've ever had or ever will have again.

Matty, this sentiment is worthy, but misplaced. Both clubs will be able to sell their allocation four times over for this game.

The Yams on Sickbag will lap this thread up.

I was there at THAT semi final in 2006 so I am relishing the thought of being there when we have our revenge!!!

Bring. It. On.

Can't believe anyone thinks we will remotely struggle to sell out .

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    what an odd request full house np's at all

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    Totally agree :) It will make a wee difference for a west coast Hibby like me to not have to travel 80 miles to a match like usually (my usual easy travel day is when we play at Rugby Park). I agree with an earlier poster that Murrayfield is a great stadium but Hampden is the home of Scottish football. Doubt I'll get a ticket but gonna try ma best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Am i the only one that actually doesn't want Murrayfield? Going to Hampden is all a big day out and will mean more of an occasion than just hopping on the 26, aswell as it being the home of scottish football and the rightful place for Hibs to lift the trophy!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I'm 100% against Murrayfield but would it be too convenient to go down Gorgie Rd after we've one the trophy?

There's no danger that we'll fail to sell our allocation.

The Nou Camp wouldn't be too big for this match.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    One thing we can't have this time is the team coming out to empty seats in the Hibs end with fewer empties in the Yams' end.

Forget your own nerves, whether you can take it or not, or whatever else, get a ticket, get to Hampden and let's give the boys the best support they've ever had or ever will have again.

Matty you have no need to worry, the worry is not getting a ticket. We had four in our car yesterday and we now need 10 for the final. That will be repeated in a lot of cases. Have you forgotten that HIbs had around 40000 travel through for dunfermline final( many didn't get in) and I'm sure we had over 30000 at the Killie final. Both HIbs and hearts could fill most of Hampden on their own.

I'm a bit worried about getting a ticket, no season ticket and missed the member thing as it wasn't actually a membership - it was a ticket deal for some games I couldn't make

I was at the game yesterday of course do not sure if my ticket stub will count for anything

I'd pay 100 quid if need be though so hopefully that might help my case if it comes to it

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SiMar View Post
    No your statement is nonsense.

It's quite easy to understand why the historical significance of playing at Hamden to lift a cup we havn't won for over a century will be important to quite a lot of people.
    So if we played the final at Murrayfield and won the cup it would be devalued in some way, cant accept that I am afraid. Our last win wasnt at Hampden is that devalued also.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post
    To you it would make no difference, fine.

But to me it would for my own reasons and it would appear I'm not alone in that thinking going by responses on the other thread. The game will be at Hampden anyway so renders this a pretty pointless debate.
    All I am saying ia that there would be no difference in where the cup was won, wouldnt bother me one iota where it was. Personally would prefer Murrayfield for this game however know for sure it will be at Hampden.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    So if we played the final at Murrayfield and won the cup it would be devalued in some way, cant accept that I am afraid. Our last win wasnt at Hampden is that devalued also.
    Hampden on the site that it stands now wasnt opened until late 1903, so, it couldn't have been played there anyway.