hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo172 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some strange stuff on this thread.....so will provide an AFC perspective

Re: the attendance - looked 14K each, and everyone I know agrees

Singing - heard both supports when they were in the ascendancy, first half performance did knock stuffing out of us - your own section will always sound louder

Occasion - excellent - very colourful and much more atmosphere than today's semi seemed to have. Good to have no old firm and two clubs that take more than your 5,000 or so that Motherwell or Dunfermline take.

Performance - even game, nervous first half from us, got on top second half, but Hibs front two always looked capable of producing something, whereas Brown seems to have inflicted a one-dimensional style on us
    Winning Goal - thought at first Vernon was fouled by McPake - having seen TV, he wasn't, but O'Connor was offside, so it shouldn't have stood - those are the margins.

Final - good luck, hope you stuff the diet huns
    Personally was amazed with your style of play, we are not a good footballing team by any stretch however was amazed with the number of long balls played to Vernon/Fallon. Honestly didnt see you guys scoring until the amazing strike by Fallon which was completely out of context with your other play. Thought it odd Jack was taken off as think he is a good young player.

Thought O'Connor offside was touch and go to be fair marginally offside however not clearly.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cod Flanders
    Anyone notice after the final whistle when the Dons players had left the pitch and before SoL a large section of them were clapping the Hibs players? Or did I imagine this? Maybe a Dons fan can shed some light?

Great game yesterday and literally will struggle to sleep for a month!

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    We were in the South stand and believe it or not, I actually counted the empty sections in both ends, which was about seven each. We seemed to have more of the south stand but there was nothing in the overall attendance from both sets of fans so 50-50 would be about right.

I don't think it was a great game by any manner of means but we all had two players in O'Connor and Griffiths that capapble of scoring and this was what obviously won us the game.

I thought it was a good friendly type atmosphere on Saturday and all credit to both sets of fans for this.

O'Connor was ONSIDE for the first goal and marginally OFFSIDE for the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo172 View Post
    Some strange stuff on this thread.....so will provide an AFC perspective

Re: the attendance - looked 14K each, and everyone I know agrees

Singing - heard both supports when they were in the ascendancy, first half performance did knock stuffing out of us - your own section will always sound louder

Occasion - excellent - very colourful and much more atmosphere than today's semi seemed to have. Good to have no old firm and two clubs that take more than your 5,000 or so that Motherwell or Dunfermline take.

Performance - even game, nervous first half from us, got on top second half, but Hibs front two always looked capable of producing something, whereas Brown seems to have inflicted a one-dimensional style on us

Winning Goal - thought at first Vernon was fouled by McPake - having seen TV, he wasn't, but O'Connor was offside, so it shouldn't have stood - those are the margins.

Final - good luck, hope you stuff the diet huns
    Can't argue with much if any of that. Think our front two were the difference on the day.

Left by mutual consent!
    Is there any way we can get the attendance figures from the game for tickets sold by each club. Has anyone posted this information anywhere?

To me it looked like it was fairly even, perhaps slightly more Dons fans there but no way was there 18k Dons as that would have meant there was only 10k Hibs and there was absolutely no danger the ratio was almost 2 to 1.

I hate all this "we're a bigger club than you chat" that Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen fans sometimes embroil ourselves in. There is not much in it between the three if all are going well. Having said that, it is annoying if some internet myth starts getting peddled about them out numbering us by 2 to 1 and then is harked back to further down the years as fact.

It seems what has happened is some where it has come out that Aberdeen sold 18k tickets for the game and that is now the figure being quoted by Dons fans on their sites. I watched the game back and Liam McLeod even uses the figure in his commentary a couple of times FFS. They may have sold 18k but if that is the case, I would suggest a good 3 or 4k or those never made it on the day.

Would be good to get it cleared up.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    Is there any way we can get the attendance figures from the game for tickets sold by each club. Has anyone posted this information anywhere?

To me it looked like it was fairly even, perhaps slightly more Dons fans there but no way was there 18k Dons as that would have meant there was only 10k Hibs and there was absolutely no danger the ratio was almost 2 to 1.

I hate all this "we're a bigger club than you chat" that Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen fans sometimes embroil ourselves in. There is not much in it between the three if all are going well. Having said that, it is annoying if some internet myth starts getting peddled about them out numbering us by 2 to 1 and then is harked back to further down the years as fact.

It seems what has happened is some where it has come out that Aberdeen sold 18k tickets for the game and that is now the figure being quoted by Dons fans on their sites. I watched the game back and Liam McLeod even uses the figure in his commentary a couple of times FFS. They may have sold 18k but if that is the case, I would suggest a good 3 or 4k or those never made it on the day.

Would be good to get it cleared up.
    Dinnae even give it a second thought. We will have more supporters than them at tha Final, THAT is the most important thing.