hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aberdeen perspective

It would appear I may not have been at the same game yesterday as the Aberdeen fans..

Having a wee read of a few Aberdeen forums (as you do) to try and get an alternative view of yesterday's game.

As well as outnumbering us 2 to 1 they also out-sung us throughout the match. We also 'hate' Lee Griffiths apparently?

From where I was sitting/bouncing the attendance split looked near enough 50/50 (give or take a few hundred or so) and I think I only heard 3 Aberdeen songs the entire match? Forgot they were there at one point. Even after their goal we still out sung them...

Paw Broon getting absolute pelters

2. Log in to remove the advert

The attendance seemed fairly split to me, looked like they had more but that's because a lot of our fans were in the South stand where they had very few. To give them credit, when i watched the reply on tv this morning their songs seemed to be louder but far fewer in number. Not sure if that's to do with positioning of microphones cause we sounded very loud at the game! :pfgwa

Surely it's only stating the obvious to say that if you're in amongst your own fans, your fans will inevitably sound louder than the other lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely it's only stating the obvious to say that if you're in amongst your own fans, your fans will inevitably sound louder than the other lot?
    Erm, yes, you are stating the obvious

Confused?? My post had nothing to do with audibility.

I wasn't comparing which fans were the loudest, I was comparing the number of songs sung...

My point was from what I witnessed they didn't appear to sing much throughout the match in comparison to our fans...

Anyway, I'm as happy as a dog with two boaby's today so unless you are going to agree 100% with me please don't comment

Today is the only day where I shall not be proved wrong in anything ...

(until Mrs Frogg get's involved)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    It's not that we were louder, as much as Aberdeen barely sang at all. They had a flurry of noise at 1-1, but for most of the match you could even see them just sat there. I expect better from Sheep fans, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    It's not that we were louder, as much as Aberdeen barely sang at all. They had a flurry of noise at 1-1, but for most of the match you could even see them just sat there. I expect better from Sheep fans, to be honest.
    I have to say I expected more from them myself. They seemed strangely subdued, even when the match was all square. As well as bringing a bit of colour, the sheep are normally good for singing and atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Erm, yes, you are stating the obvious

Confused?? My post had nothing to do with audibility.

I wasn't comparing which fans were the loudest, I was comparing the number of songs sung...

My point was from what I witnessed they didn't appear to sing much throughout the match in comparison to our fans...

Anyway, I'm as happy as a dog with two boaby's today so unless you are going to agree 100% with me please don't comment

Today is the only day where I shall not be proved wrong in anything ...

(until Mrs Frogg get's involved)
    Yeah, fair enough, I wasn't getting at you particularly, but there's been a few discussions on here about who 'outsang' who, from people at the match, which seems a pointless exercise IMO (and an exercise to which I'm now contributing! )

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    It would appear I may not have been at the same game yesterday as the Aberdeen fans..

Having a wee read of a few Aberdeen forums (as you do) to try and get an alternative view of yesterday's game.

As well as outnumbering us 2 to 1 they also out-sung us throughout the match. We also 'hate' Lee Griffiths apparently?

From where I was sitting/bouncing the attendance split looked near enough 50/50 (give or take a few hundred or so) and I think I only heard 3 Aberdeen songs the entire match? Forgot they were there at one point. Even after their goal we still out sung them...

They are almost as delusional as the Yams, seriously. One fan said he paused the highlights and was absolutely certain that our first was offside - yet not one claim from the Aberdeen defenders: "he is, his left foot is a yard offside and his body is just slightly. Get technicall and its offside". (Aside from him speaking pish spelling technical with two L's is inexcusable!)

They cannot accept defeat at all. We as fans can accept when we are pish, and move on. They can't seem to do that, any excuse possible for losing they will use. "Och but, we had x amount of players injured" " It was the referee's fault" or "Aww but we have the best away supporters in the world like?". Does my head in.

End of the day, we beat them 2-1, we're in the cup final and your naw, so get it right up the lot of ye' :giruy:

Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    Yeah, fair enough, I wasn't getting at you particularly, but there's been a few discussions on here about who 'outsang' who, from people at the match, which seems a pointless exercise IMO (and an exercise to which I'm now contributing! )
    I've fallen into the same trap

Just felt the need to start a thread and waffle some pointless information relating to yesterdays game.

Other interesting facts about yesterday;

We sold more pies,
    We were greener,
    We were drunker,
    We were sitting further East than them,
    Our manager is more Irish than theirs,

The more I think about it, we beat them at everything yesterday!!

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I am biased and bitter but heardly heard a peep from them except for them singing 'can you hear the Hibees sing?' when they scored. And yes, I can

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

They should be on stage. Very funny stuff
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    They are almost as delusional as the Yams, seriously. One fan said he paused the highlights and was absolutely certain that our first was offside - yet not one claim from the Aberdeen defenders: "he is, his left foot is a yard offside and his body is just slightly. Get technicall and its offside". (Aside from him speaking pish spelling technical with two L's is inexcusable!)

They cannot accept defeat at all. We as fans can accept when we are pish, and move on. They can't seem to do that, any excuse possible for losing they will use. "Och but, we had x amount of players injured" " It was the referee's fault" or "Aww but we have the best away supporters in the world like?". Does my head in.

End of the day, we beat them 2-1, we're in the cup final and your naw, so get it right up the lot of ye' :giruy:

That's one massive left foot Garry has..

I know it's wrong but it's nice to read through and digest other peoples pain for a change...

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post

They should be on stage. Very funny stuff
    It's the "we hate Lee Griffiths" bit I find funniest...

Alright, I know he's caused much debate over the months but to suggest "we hate" a player who fired us into the final is downright silly

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96

That's one massive left foot Garry has..

I know it's wrong but it's nice to read through and digest other peoples pain for a change...
    I know, especially when it's their pain

I've fallen into the same trap

Just felt the need to start a thread and waffle some pointless information relating to yesterdays game.

Other interesting facts about yesterday;

We sold more pies,
    We were greener,
    We were drunker,
    We were sitting further East than them,
    Our manager is more Irish than theirs,

The more I think about it, we beat them at everything yesterday!!
    NOW you're talking!

Outnumbering us 2 to 1 We had more than them at the game. And outsinging us They sung for a few minutes and then a bit after they scored. And we hate Leigh Griffiths Love the guy!

Cheers for the post, given me a right laugh.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    a bit of perspective from the South stand yesterday. The Dons fans sang a fair bit, although the repertoir was limited. to suggest they only sang when it went 1-1 is not true, it is just that our fans went quiet.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Sadly they reverted to type yesterday and deluded themselves they were still a big club. Still, I don't hold grudges against them.
    The road home was a nightmare for me. Every time I tried to pass an Aberdeen bus my car got stuck at the same speed as them for several minutes. We tried waving scarves and a Hibs flag at the Sheep to draw attention to our plight but for some strange reason all they could do was throw abuse at us.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I dispute the original posters claim to have heard 3 songs from the sheep. More like their 1 song 3 times.

I thought there were more of us than them yesterday? Also, we definately outsung them, and we didn't just shut up after the opposition scored, unlike them.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Sadly they reverted to type yesterday and deluded themselves they were still a big club. Still, I don't hold grudges against them.
    The road home was a nightmare for me. Every time I tried to pass an Aberdeen bus my car got stuck at the same speed as them for several minutes. We tried waving scarves and a Hibs flag at the Sheep to draw attention to our plight but for some strange reason all they could do was throw abuse at us.
    The roadworks was funny as **** on the way home. Well done to the bus driver.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

through tv on sky you generally heard the dons fans the most... but same boring songs.
    as someone else said the sound picked up maybe worked thay way. All in all it looked a good friendly atmosphere and both card displays were excellent... will we see the same today i wonder..

I was in the very last seat next to segregation tape and believe me, after kick off the only time they sang was after they scored! Very poor from them, wheras hibs end was magnificent throughout:pfgwa

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    How anybody who attended that game can seriously claim to outnumber by any sort of ratio is ridiculous at best.

It was plain to see that there was an even number of supporters 14k each as the attendance will tell you. Aberdeen fans are all trumpets!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    They are generally coming across very bitter about the whole thing, but realistically, who cares what they think, we are in the final and they arent .

Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    They are generally coming across very bitter about the whole thing, but realistically, who cares what they think, we are in the final and they arent .
    We would be bitter too, there is nothing worse than losing a semi-final, so near yet so far.

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    having had to come back hame on the same train as a shedload o' sheep fans i can say with some conviction THEY WOZ ROBBED!! THEY WOZ LOUDER!! THEY WOZ MORE NUMEROUS!!
    having been at the game in the north i can also say with some conviction.:lg::giruy:

but realistically, who cares what they think:.
    I'll take some time to individually ask each Aberdeen fan in my work -and there are loads - what they think tomorrow (I work in the center of Aberdeen)

Tomorrow may well prove to be a great day to be at work

First Team Breakthrough Tollhouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitlochry hibee View Post
    The roadworks was funny as **** on the way home. Well done to the bus driver.
    He is a legend and honourary hibee

Some strange stuff on this thread.....so will provide an AFC perspective

Re: the attendance - looked 14K each, and everyone I know agrees

Singing - heard both supports when they were in the ascendancy, first half performance did knock stuffing out of us - your own section will always sound louder

Occasion - excellent - very colourful and much more atmosphere than today's semi seemed to have. Good to have no old firm and two clubs that take more than your 5,000 or so that Motherwell or Dunfermline take.

Performance - even game, nervous first half from us, got on top second half, but Hibs front two always looked capable of producing something, whereas Brown seems to have inflicted a one-dimensional style on us

Winning Goal - thought at first Vernon was fouled by McPake - having seen TV, he wasn't, but O'Connor was offside, so it shouldn't have stood - those are the margins.

Final - good luck, hope you stuff the diet huns
    Last edited by Pablo172; 15-04-2012 at 07:56 PM.