hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Just Back from Match

Great day to be a Hibbie

Of course the usual heart in mouth period in the middle of second half that took another couple of years of my life..

Some great performances and yet a good bit more to come / needed from others and we will be a fairly decent team

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    That was absolutely brilliant
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Sensational. All our big players had to play well and they all delivered.

SOL at the end was a bit special to be involved in.

And well done to all those that arranged to green day and lead the singing and support - you were brilliant. great day out.

Just back to Edinburgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing day - great atmosphere - and well done Hibs!

First half was a really good team performance - 2nd half we started slow and after their lucky wonder goal we kept going and showed great character! Fans stuck with the team and when we scored the winner it was absolutely madness in the Hibs end

At the end seeing the players come to the fans was great and Sunshine on Leith again went down well.

Some great performances today - feels good to be a Hibee again!

:pfgwa:pfgwa

Blog Entries
    Can i just add that Police / stewards i encountered were great (I know they often rightly get a bashing) we at the rear of D1 stood the entire match and it was not a problem to anyone and no effort made to seat us...that really made it extra special for me

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can i just add that Police / stewards i encountered were great (I know they often rightly get a bashing) we at the rear of D1 stood the entire match and it was not a problem to anyone and no effort made to seat us...that really made it extra special for me
    Yep I agree with this. We broke the tape celebrating and the guy laughed it off didn't care.

**** brill day. Lost my voice which was the main achievement I wanted to do. Great trip home with an M8 full of green scarves out windows. Love it.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Yeah seemed like they used common sense today - was in the North Stand and stood the whole game.

Great scenes after the game and on the way back on the M8

90 mins away.......

Mone the ****** Hibees! Well done!!!

Delighted for everybody connected to the club and especially those who have stood by the team and the players.Im sure rod is a happy bunny tonight as im sure before the cup run we were looking at a loss for the season of around £800-900,000 based on last years figures.Now we may even break even with the revenue for the semi and the final.Also of course it helps in attracting players when they see the support at hampden and the cup revenue can be used to get decent players in.A great day to be a hibby after such a terrible year and now lets keep it going for the rest of the season and then of course the final.Its a funny old game as greavsie used to say.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Brilliant battling performance with some great finishing from Griffiths and O'Connor. As Fenlon says, we'll need to improve for the final but we'll worry about that near the time. GGTTH.

Big thanks to the steward in Section D3 who tried to make us sit down. Cue "stand up if you hate jam tarts" from the boys in front of us which spread round the whole Hibs support after a period when we'd been a bit quiet. He gave up and didn't bother us in the 2nd half.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    And no hassle standing for the entire match...
    GG

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I went in to the match expecting nothing, then when we scored in 3 mins I was a nervous wreck for the rest of the match. That second goal was something special celebrated by bursting an inflatable sheep!

SOL at the end was pretty fitting and well sung by everyone. All round it was a great day to be a Hibby, looking forward to the final now, don't care who we get, I've seen us lose in the Scottish Cup enough times in my life already, I will be enjoying the day and getting behind every player no matter what!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    I went in to the match expecting nothing, then when we scored in 3 mins I was a nervous wreck for the rest of the match. That second goal was something special celebrated by bursting an inflatable sheep!

SOL at the end was pretty fitting and well sung by everyone. All round it was a great day to be a Hibby, looking forward to the final now, don't care who we get, I've seen us lose in the Scottish Cup enough times in my life already, I will be enjoying the day and getting behind every player no matter what!

I saw the plastic sheep in the North Stand being thrown around!

Some random guy next to me pretty much had me in a headlock when the winner went in - carnage when that goal was scored - can't remember a goal being celebrated like that for a long time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Today is what it's all about for me. Everyone had a smile on their face for a change. Brilliant to see

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    I'd actually forgotten what a 'let's all do the Hibees bounce' was like! Just reminded me how awful we've been recently, but feel sure Paddy will bring us many more!!!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I was bouncing in the North which given my usually sedate approach from my seat in the West Upper was a blast back to the past for me, I loved every minute of it, can't wait for the final.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    A brilliant day and the stewards were excellent...............Well done Hibs, Hibs fans and Hampden for making a special day

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

I'd just like to make a public apology to the guy I accidentally punched in the celebrations after the first goal. As I went for one of my trademark hugs of strangers following Hibs goals the angle of my arm was well off, and as you jumped my right hand came down which made a connection that Tyson would be proud of, I'm glad we could chat afterwards

What a trip today, one of the best to Hampden

Absolutely over the moon!

Bit of a nail biter late in the second half but they stayed strong and held on, absolutely fantastic effort! McPake in particular I thought was outstanding!

Well done to everyone who set up and took part in the display before kick off, thought it looked fantastic, really impressed!

What a game, i'm still hyper! The absolute chaos in the hibs end after sparkys winner was just insane, last time I can remember scenes like that was when we won the cup back in 2007. Sunshine On leith aswell was just fantastic and again took me back to the day we won the cup!

Great day, now please please please hibs bring us that trophy back in May

Was pretty funny seeing lots of fans carrying crates of booze walking back along the street towards buses - obviously just been into ASDA and were about to enjoy the rest of their day

Loved it, there was a passion shown by the players today thats been missing all season, a few of them would have been spurred on no doubt by the bigger than usual Hibs support.
    I had faith, even after their equaliser, I didn't feel like today was gonna be a let down.

Thank you Hibbys for a brilliant afternoon.

Love to all

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    If you'd told me back in November we'd be in the Scottish Cup final id have laughed in your face and been calling the appropriate authorities, however today was the best day ive had as a hibs fan for a good wee while, long may it continue :pfgwa

Blog Entries
    I bet there are loads of Hibs fans who wish they had made the effort today...a smashing advert for all that is good about scottish fooball. Two decent sized clubs / supports and plenty effort by hibs even where skill was missing....thats all we ask..a bit of pride...

Just hope all who were there today who want to be at final get tickets...

Quote Originally Posted by Littlest Hobo View Post
    Today is what it's all about for me. Everyone had a smile on their face for a change. Brilliant to see
    Totally agree. Just barry coming out of a game without a gripe. Canny wait for the final

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    F****** hell I'm no home yet

What a day

I love Hibs and days like today make it all worthwhile
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post
    Was pretty funny seeing lots of fans carrying crates of booze walking back along the street towards buses - obviously just been into ASDA and were about to enjoy the rest of their day
    Just got back home. Was in ASDA after the game and there was even a full on Hibee sing song in Asda. The woman who served me said she had never seen anything like it before after a game.
    Absolutely brilliant day. Please please let this finally be the year.

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Just sticking the game on now, first chance to watch it again since I got back. Had a great time at the game, good trip through and back on the bus, great atmosphere about the place and thousands of happy Hibees kicking about. Superb!

Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Great day to be a Hibbie

Of course the usual heart in mouth period in the middle of second half that took another couple of years of my life..

Some great performances and yet a good bit more to come / needed from others and we will be a fairly decent team
    Just back from off the plane from holiday in Cyprus after watching the game in a pub in Paphos - brilliant as I thought I was going to miss the game when the dates were announced!

Needless to say I was kissing the air with glee when Griffiths ensured I would not have to take the horrible but almost inevitable decision to risk missing the bloody flight back and watch ET

Congratulations to Fenlon and the boys for a magic gutsy performance and cheers to all the fans that went through as well - the volume was on the Liverpool-Everton game where I was but it didn't matter cos watching ye all jumping about about at the goals I could just about hear Yeez anyway -

GGTTH !!!

:pfgwa

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm no very good with words so I'll just say I love Hibs If there's any of the lads looking in tonight then can I say thanks for today