hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Soares

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell the truth I never thought about it before posting maybe if I had I would not have posted.

However during the game I was thinking I could not believe how anonymous Soares was and how little he had contributed. I posted and it seems to have caused a fuss.
    Don't you realise that the team was set up to stop them getting the ball wide and putting crosses in for the big two up front.Soares and Sproule spent the game doing that-one of the reasons we won.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Don't you realise that the team was set up to stop them getting the ball wide and putting crosses in for the big two up front.Soares and Sproule spent the game doing that-one of the reasons we won.
    Fair dos ancient but I did not see Soares at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    FWIW I agree with you 100% he was pish, however after a day like today I can forgive him as he was part of the team that has just got us to the final! May 19th Hampden here we come
    The boy he was directly up against was subbed at half time,they changed shape at the start of the second half and he kept the full-back in defensive mode up until the last 5 mins. i guess it's all about opinions though

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    Fair dos Sammy. The thing is, you could be 100% right.

I was watching the game on my iphone via a video call through someone else's iphone, so I honestly didn't get a full or fair impression of how things were, including how Soares played, which I imagine folks will have different opinions on anyway.

What I'm trying to say is that we have been so desperate for something to celebrate...and it's the Scottish Cup Final too - how often in our lifetimes will we see our team get a shot at it? - and this site, I think anyway, struggles with the amount of negativity from people posting on it a lot of the time, so your post, coming as it did at the happiest Hibs moment in recent memory, kind of felt like a kick in the sacks

For my part, I am sorry if I gave you a hard time about your post. I really don't want to fight with another Hibee, especially today, but I hope that what I just wrote explains why I did it.

GGTTH
    No probs a great day.
    I just think Soares poor display could have cost us the game it did not and in hindsight I maybe should not have posted.

Fair dos ancient but I did not see Soares at all.

He does more unseen work than Brian Kerr ever did

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    He does more unseen work than Brian Kerr ever did

Brian Kerr did unseen work? I don't ever remember seeing that....

Agree with OP, was almost like playing with 10 men. Expected more from Soares today. Still we are now in the final GGTTH.

First Team Breakthrough
    Soares did nothing today sorry tobe negative after a win but he was hopeless.
    have to agree the weak link in midfield IMO. I would play Spoony ahead of Soares.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    Should you care to read my post you will see that I am over the moon, "happy as larry" " Couldn't be happier" etc etc etc. But, after all the initial hype dies down , feel more people will agree with the OP's poin of view, I was posting to let him / her know that he/she was correct in what he/she was saying, true, the timing of the post could have been better, but that point doesn't make it's content wrong. Some folk just want an arguement, both the op and I, like most - if not all Hibs supporters tonight are extactic, so lets call a halt to all this in-fighting eh and as you say - enjoy the moment.
    No they don't.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    He did nothing in a positive sence but did a nice, disciplined wee holding job down our right flank.

The Don's tactics were clearly to try a stretch us on the flanks to get crosses in for their big forwards, the fact they changed tactics at half time suggests he must have been doing okay.

That said I have seen nothing in any game he has played to indicate he can be a positive influence on the team. Hope I'm wrong though.

Probably wrong here with gut but I think when he plays or is on the pitch we win or seldom lose?

Quote Originally Posted by reallapsedhibee View Post
    No they don't.

Yes they do

Played his part IMHO. Quite but geY in the final

Left by mutual consent!
    Ok the negativity has started already. so here is my opinion.

Soares looks like he could do with extra training along with big Gaz in my opinion.

Two talented footballers who have plenty to offer but need to be a little more mobile.

Gazza had a good game today and took his goal well, imagine what those two could do if they lost a few pounds for the final

They were both part of a winning team that got us into a Scottish Cup Final today so I haven't a bad word to say about any of their performances today.
    Last edited by Littlest Hobo; 14-04-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Soares did nothing today sorry tobe negative after a win but he was hopeless.
    He did more than you are doing. He supported his team mates to a win that takes us into the final
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reallapsedhibee View Post
    No they don't.

@hibs.net private member
    Soares did loads of work off the ball and although he wasn't on it much what he did he did well.

Think he will get better and better the more he plays

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    Probably wrong here with gut but I think when he plays or is on the pitch we win or seldom lose?
    I must agree with this but I often think he looks lethargic and needs a kick up the backside. I didn't think Soars Sproule or Claros did much going forward today but the definately stifled the Dons midfield and I think along with the back four denied Aberdeen many opportunities to score. It seems to me that Pat Fenlon has decided that the best way of playing with the players he has is to try and stop the opposition scoring and play on the break and the players are now beginning to get his ideas and it is starting to work. Lets get together and win enough points to stay up win the cup and see what next season holds.:pfgwa

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

Which is probably why they're the two players who've come in for most criticism tonight.

They were playing to instructions IMO and did so very well. Football's a team game and the team (apart from about 20 minutes after HT) generally played well as a team. I fully expected them to crumble after the Dons' equaliser - after all, we've seen that happen a few times before now - but credit to them they didn't.

At Hearts 1st goal today Soares was 2nd to the ball 3 times from the corner the scored from !!!

Totally un-interested played the ball in for the goal other than that he was bystander
    Last edited by Sammy7nil; 19-05-2012 at 10:47 PM.

At Hearts 1st goal today Soares was 2nd to the ball 3 times from the corner !!!

Totally un-interested played the ball in for the goal other than that he was bystander
    He's murder & the squad will continue to be full of imposters unless we spend,money talks & McPake will be off,sure to be a few clubs offering him more than us,unless we cough up it'll continue to be full of Soares & the like.

First Team Breakthrough burghhibs's Avatar
    Won't be sorry to se the back of him, no battling quality, very litte pace, very little skill. Always looks flat footed and slow, hope you enjoyed your short stay in the capital!

Spares, along with the rest of the midfield, did **** all yesterday. None of them are good enough and they all need to be binned if we're going to improve.

Why can none of our 'hardworking', 'ball-winning' midfielders stop Ian black playing? As for the ones who aren't ball-winners, why can't they create any chances?

The midfield is the weakest link in this team and the lack of creativity is frightening.

Left by mutual consent!
    First time I saw him I thought he was just unfit, now I know he's just lazy!

He has good quality but in this league you need to be quick of the blocks or your in trouble.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    While not defending him, there were others just as guilty. I'm sure there were times when we we're 3rd to the ball!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_S View Post
    Spares, along with the rest of the midfield, did **** all yesterday. None of them are good enough and they all need to be binned if we're going to improve.

Why can none of our 'hardworking', 'ball-winning' midfielders stop Ian black playing? As for the ones who aren't ball-winners, why can't they create any chances?

The midfield is the weakest link in this team and the lack of creativity is frightening.
    this