hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Does Mike Riley supporters spokesmen represent your views?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 1.94%
  • No

101 98.06%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Regular

Mike Riley says "the SPL needs Rangers"

Two page article in todays Daily Mail has comments from supporters spokesmen from the ten non Rantic clubs regarding Newco Rangers. The spokesmen from Aberdeen,Dundee United, Dunfermline,Hearts,Inverness,Kilmarnock,St.Johnsto ne and St.Mirren dont hold back in their opinions that Rangers are cheats, should be kicked out of the SPL and made to apply for a place in the SFL third division. The Motherwell spokesman indicates that 90% of Motherwell supporters are against the newco being allowed into the SPL. He states that for money reasons we will have to accept the newco into the SPL.
    To my shame and embarrassment Mike Riley (chairman of the Hibs Supporters Association) is quoted as saying "What Rangers have done over the years is really poor. They've not played the game and they have given themselves an extra financial advantage when they already had a natural financial advantage over most other SPL clubs. But while there's anger about how they have behaved, I think MOST HIBS FANS would reluctantly agree that the bottom line is that the SPL needs Rangers to prosper. It sticks in the throat a bit but it's true".

I have never met Mr Reilly during my 56 years of supporting Hibs. His views on a newco are the opposite of mine.Has he really gauged the opinion of "most Hibs fans". Has he ever been on Hibs Net where he would discover the majority would not tolerate a newco in the SPL,with a significant number of supporters threatening to sever their ties with Hibs and the SPL. Has anyone ever been asked by him their opinions on a newco.Is anyone aware of any surveys or polls instigated by this spokesman who certainly does not speak for me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Who are these ****ers who keep claiming to represent us and do exactly the opposite?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i backed up this guy the last time a statement from him to a paper was put on here, i'm not backing him up this time
    Last edited by HNA12; 13-04-2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Let's keep it sensible, thanks

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Right now I couldn't care a monkeys tosser.

We've a big semi final to look forward to tomorrow and everything else football wise is of no significance.

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by killie-hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two page article in todays Daily Mail has comments from supporters spokesmen from the ten non Rantic clubs regarding Newco Rangers. The spokesmen from Aberdeen,Dundee United, Dunfermline,Hearts,Inverness,Kilmarnock,St.Johnsto ne and St.Mirren dont hold back in their opinions that Rangers are cheats, should be kicked out of the SPL and made to apply for a place in the SFL third division. The Motherwell spokesman indicates that 90% of Motherwell supporters are against the newco being allowed into the SPL. He states that for money reasons we will have to accept the newco into the SPL.
    To my shame and embarrassment Mike Riley (chairman of the Hibs Supporters Association) is quoted as saying "What Rangers have done over the years is really poor. They've not played the game and they have given themselves an extra financial advantage when they already had a natural financial advantage over most other SPL clubs. But while there's anger about how they have behaved, I think MOST HIBS FANS would reluctantly agree that the bottom line is that the SPL needs Rangers to prosper. It sticks in the throat a bit but it's true".

I have never met Mr Reilly during my 56 years of supporting Hibs. His views on a newco are the opposite of mine.Has he really gauged the opinion of "most Hibs fans". Has he ever been on Hibs Net where he would discover the majority would not tolerate a newco in the SPL,with a significant number of supporters threatening to sever their ties with Hibs and the SPL. Has anyone ever been asked by him their opinions on a newco.Is anyone aware of any surveys or polls instigated by this spokesman who certainly does not speak for me.
    So does a knife, shut the up about telling us how we feel about the huns.

Thought i better add only joking before someone thinks i'm serious
    Last edited by MSK; 13-04-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Swear filter

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Right now I couldn't care a monkeys tosser.

We've a big semi final to look forward to tomorrow and everything else football wise is of no significance.
    I agree wholeheartedly with the comments made here!

Hibs are far more important than anything going on at the "Cauldron of HATE"!
    Come on the HIBEES!!!

First Team Regular WarringtonHibee's Avatar
    Our survey said... EEHHHH EHHHH

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    He does not speak for me.

I've defended 'fans spokesmen' before but this guy is completely wrong and I'd be astonished if he was even representing the members of his affiliated supporters clubs.

Edit: This is the same guy who dismissed Fenlon on his appointment as the 'cheap option' so he seems to have a habit of talking pish.
    Last edited by Beefster; 13-04-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Woefully out of touch.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Mike Riley's a bawbag. Did he come on here and explain himself after his last arsehol statement when he claimed he was speaking on behalf of us?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

What a cock-hole.

I diny even ken him, so he's definitely no talking on behalf of me, the guys talking Pish........

Left by mutual consent!

What a load of *****e, I think he thinks wrong. His comments are the thing that stick in my throat. He disnae have a clue.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 13-04-2012 at 05:22 PM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Who on earth is this guy?!

Not a representation of any Hibs fan I know....

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    What a load of *****e, I think he thinks wrong. His comments are the thing that stick in my throat. He disnae have a clue.
    And yet he's giving interviews as the Hibs fans spokesman, but has not done any poll as far as i know on this?

An erse, who speaks out it too.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mike Riley can GTF

It's fair enough saying the SPL would be better off with Rangers in it, but to say we need a PROSPEROUS Rangers is absolute bull. I want to see a severely weakened Rangers in the SPL next season, so we can all take it in turns giving them a good tanking. They deserve it after arrogantly overspending their way to success over the years.

This boy is so far off the mark it's unreal. I don't know a single Hibby that wants the newco in the SPL.

I think MOST HIBS FANS would reluctantly agree that the bottom line is that the SPL needs Rangers to prosper.

Why, just why do we need any Rangers side to prosper in the SPL?

what an embarasment to the club. hope your proud of yourself mike ya slaverin idiot. the death of rangers would be the happiest day of my life

not that he speaks for the club in anyway but the point stands
    Last edited by adhibs; 13-04-2012 at 05:59 PM.

I think MOST HIBS FANS think Mike Reilly is a bawbag.

FACT

C'mon folks, no need for the personal stuff. By all means disagree but leave out the name calling.

@hibs.net private member
    I wonder how he claims to know what most Hibs fans think?
    Does he post on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    C'mon folks, no need for the personal stuff. By all means disagree but leave out the name calling.
    if your willing to put yourself forward as the voice of the club you should be prepared for a bit stick. especialy when what your saying couldnt be any further away than what the general opinion is

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He does not speak for me.
    Nor me (or any other Hibs fan I know). I haven't met one Hibby who wants them to be allowed back in.

His comments are that strange it's understandable. He's saying these things for some reason but its giving a negative impression of the hibs support.

Is he saying these things just to get attention?

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Your second names no Reilly is it.

Does a spokesman not speak on behalf of the fans ? , the huge majority on here dont have that view , sure the bounce wont and any hibby that i know does not have that view , is this guy self appointed ?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Does a spokesman not speak on behalf of the fans ? , the huge majority on here dont have that view , sure the bounce wont and any hibby that i know does not have that view , is this guy self appointed ?
    self important?