hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I knew your Dad Euan. I used to travel on that bus every week and he'd often tell me tales and make sure I "Knew my history".

I'm deeply saddened to hear of his passing, I've not seen him for a year or so due to my slipping attendence due to work etc. I knew he was unwell however.

I'd very much like to know details so I can pay my last respects to someone who was a great Hibby, but more importantly a genuine, warm and fantastic person.

He'll be badly missed in all walks, not just at Easter Road.

RIP Simon.

Jimmy.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Very sorry for your loss Euan.
    Knew Simon very well.Right from the first time he came on the Fife bus he would install believe into the whole bus that Hibs would win.
    He would always drink with us in the pub before games.
    My greatest memory of Simon was the night of the AEK Athens home game, he took a few of us to the game in his old campervan.He had the fridge well stocked with beer.
    Sadly missed.
    RIP Simon

Ian

Sorry to hear this news, Euan.

R.I.P. Simon - God's picking them from our pen now.

First Team Breakthrough famous_fife_hibby's Avatar

Simon Hart

Simon was a good friend, as has been said already he took some of us to games in his campervan - it was great!, sadly I only saw him at the beggining of the season because of where i now live.

I remember a few years ago going to his and His then partners house for a "drink on a saturday night. Me, Simon and I think Elenor was her name drank 16 bottles of wine between us! great night.
    RIP SIMON HART
    GONE AND SADLY MISSED
    Ralph

Apologies to all because I havent worked out the multi quote thing so will just mash it all together.

Thanks again guys, especially all the stories from those that knew him. Wish I could have been on that campervan for the Athens game but I was in Australia at the time, sounds like a blast (even if it did only go at a snails pace IIRC)

I've been going through his address book phoning people up to let them know and nearly everyone has a wee story to tell that brings a wee smile.

Ralph, I've been trying to get you on the phone but I think it must be an old number because it wont go through, I remember my Dad speaking of you fondly. I'll pm you my number if you want to phone up for a chat, and it was Eleanor, no longer together though, but jesus , 16 bottles of wine? He could put them away back then right enough

He would have been having a right laugh at the debate about what game it was that turned him into a Hibby. Knowing my Dad it was probably a combination of both of them muddled up in his head .

I had been trying to convince him to go to the semi in one of the last times I spoke to him but he wasnt feeling well enough to be out for the whole day. He was happy that I was going though so, as he put it 'we would be represented' so think it's only right I still go, no omens but hopefully he can pull a few strings for us eh?

Funeral is at Kirkcaldy Crematorium on Friday the 20th 11am to which all are welcome, Drinks in the Victoria Hotel after to share a few stories and see the old bugger off.

I appreciate everyones comments, they mean a lot. Like I said my Dad was a Dr of philosophy, so if he didnt have a Phd in urban development he probably would have had to spend his career in Burger King. As it was he was a town planner for Fife council (but in case anyone is wondering, Glenrothes isn't his fault it was more of a statistical analysis type role I'm led to believe)

He was a tutor at the Edinburgh School of Philosophy latterly and some of the stuff he taught me has really helped me deal with not only this but other things that have happened throughout my life.

'what cannot be changed, must be endured' as in Hibs as in life eh?

God bless and hope he's smiling from above.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    God bless and hope he's smiling from above.

Cheers Craig I'm sure he is. I've had a great day (taking a rest from the arrangements) though I was a bit teary when sunshine on leith was getting played in the club beforehand but otherwise he would be, and I am very happy with the day