hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member London Hibs FC's Avatar

The Therapy Room.

Just looking for your honest opinion!

Overview of the concept is below and you have a couple of links to scenes from the pilot which stars Jackie's wee brother Donny.

I can't begin explain how much graft Jackie Jnr has put into this project and I wish the laddie all the success in the world.
    The Therapy Room Overview

The Therapy Room is a first of its kind comedy based on the English Premiership. Not for the faint-hearted, this tongue-in-cheek comedy features themes in the style of Shameless meets Gary Tank Commander. All the story lines are based on real events, as either seen, witnessed or heard by professional football player, Jackie McNamara, who wrote the script in collaboration with script-writer/Director/actor Fran Gilhooley.The show follows Tully's transformation from a small boy with a passion for football into a professional footballer. The Therapy Room is the place that provides Tully with an outlet to share his thoughts and feelings. This unique take on the football world gives an insight into what being a professional footballer can be like. Based on true stories, the plot will leave viewers wondering whether these situations and events can and do really happen.As in any football club, the transfer window will allow the story line to be developed to introduce new characters and events and this will take the show to new directions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gsxE...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QYQj...&feature=share

What are your initial thoughts???

Is this something that you reckon you'd watch??

Any constructive feedback would be more than welcomed.

Many, many thanks,
    LHFC.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Looks good, i'd watch this. To be fair i'd watch most football comedy programmes, but this seems fun. I know its not pc to laugh at folk with stutters, but i found it funny, even though i knew what he was going to say.

@hibs.net private member
    I'll have a look when I get home. Is this another attempt at stardom by Donny?!

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll have a look when I get home. Is this another attempt at stardom by Donny?!

I take it you know our Donny well!! To be fair, wee Jackie roped him into it........ I've known the family since Primary School Days.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Looks good, i'd watch this. To be fair i'd watch most football comedy programmes, but this seems fun. I know its not pc to laugh at folk with stutters, but i found it funny, even though i knew what he was going to say.
    Thanks BH, much appreciated!!

Not that you need it Bud but I saw that my Dad, Cyprus Hibby, had your back the other day........ I'm glad he caught that quote.

GGTTH.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by London Hibs FC View Post

I take it you know our Donny well!! To be fair, wee Jackie roped him into it........ I've known the family since Primary School Days.
    I was at high school with Donny - didn't keep in touch but met him a couple of times since. He's a good lad.

I'd give it a watch.

Seems like something I'd quite like.

@hibs.net private member
    I'd watch it. Thought the manager ranting was quite funny, not sure how often they could pull that off though. I'd definitel like to see more before I say it's good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I was at high school with Donny - didn't keep in touch but met him a couple of times since. He's a good lad.
    I was a good few years ahead of you then, was in the same year as his eldest......... All three brothers are brilliant lads.

I'll post more clips as I get them.

Cheers Danderhall!
    Last edited by London Hibs FC; 03-04-2012 at 08:09 PM.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Im a simple creature but that rant made me laugh i would be all over this fu fu fu fu fu fu *****in funny
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

First Team Breakthrough broonie27's Avatar
    My honest opinion? I think it looks like it was made by a student. The gags are totally one dimensional and based purely around swearing a lot. I mean, a guy with a stutter? Is that really funny?