hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would a be a shame if any of them, either Jewish or of Pakistani origin, turned up at ER and were greeted by the "Edinburgh Song".

Apparently, some on here think to complain about the singing of that song makes us old fuddie-duddies or someone who wants to kill the atmosphere at ER

Its only a bit of light hearted banter...taking all the fun out of football...PC brigade gone mad...some of my best friends are darkies...what about our human rights...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    Really, really like that idea DTS...
    Looks like its just You and me - well at least that would be 8 potential new supporters we could give an introduction to

Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    How much longer do you think they should have waited then?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant "not before time"!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It's a start and I'm pleased they've done this, but I hope they plan to repeat it every month or so.

Although it will raise some awareness, one solitary leaflet won't do much to increase attendances.
    That's the key to it - not a one off but a consistent campaign. If and when it works in Leith, broaden it out to Edinburgh and surrounding areas. We have enough of a potential market within 10 miles of ER to fill the ground. Well done the board.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Its only a bit of light hearted banter...taking all the fun out of football...PC brigade gone mad...some of my best friends are darkies...what about our human rights...
    That song makes me ashamed. Simply not Hibs class.

Given the Polish presence in Leith it would seem a good idea to try and win over the football fans. Edinburgh has long enjoyed a cultural mix, we have had the Irish, Jewish, Italians, Poles, Ukranians, Sikhs as long standing immigrant communities, adding colour and diversity to our city. Let's be pro-active and look to attract fans from the newer immigrant's who live here. A quality Polish player in the squad would surely help

Good few ideas, but i think were jumping to a few conclusions. No doubt a lot of the people we hear or see that we think are Polish, but theres loads from other countries like Lithuania and Russia. If we are handing out leaflets we need to be careful not to alienate one group by lumoing them 'all' in together. But by and large an excellent idea. If we could have a few teams Polish Russian German etc, we could have a little pre-season tourney. money spinner at least.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Got this leaflet through the door. Excellent. I'd suggest in the Links area there are more residents who are English by birth than any other non-Scottish nationality. I know of Everton, Spurs and QPR fans nearby, one flat had a Brighton flag in the window and my neighbours are Man Utd and Newcastle supporters. A few of them already frequent ER on occasion and this will only reinforce such positive behaviour
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire