123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Edinburgh - Murrayfield Stadium

37 30.08%
  • Glasgow - Hampden Park

40 32.52%
  • Anywhere as long as HIBS win!!!

46 37.40%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Edinburgh or Glasgow have your say?

Dont want to jinx us in reaching the cup final but if it was an all Edinburgh affair where would you prefer the big game to be played?

A stroll through Edinburgh to a big ground that lies redundant most weeks at Murrayfield or have both sets of supporters travel to the national stadium in Glasgow?

If the choice was yours which one would you make?

2. Log in to remove the advert

The Scottish Cup Final is played at Hampden. It's the home of Scottish footbal, like it or not. For me, the journey thro and bk is part of the experience. People refer to the trip along the M8 like it's an ardous trek to Greenland. It's not.
    Hampden for me.

Glasgow for me. It will be Glasgow anyway.

Common sense dictates Murrayfield, so it will still be at Hampden.

Dont think the police would it allow it to be played at Murrayfield anyway , Edinburgh city centre would be absolute chaos within 30 minutes of the match finishing.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Regardless of venue i really dont think i could mentally cope with the build up, the game, those hidious cretins or any of it. would be my option
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Murrayfield bigger crowd less congestion on M8, cut down on pollution as you've got to do your bit for a greener world. Queens Park could even get their share out of the extra tickets sold.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Scottish Cup Final is played at Hampden. It's the home of Scottish footbal, like it or not. For me, the journey thro and bk is part of the experience. People refer to the trip along the M8 like it's an ardous trek to Greenland. It's not.
    Hampden for me.
    Agree totally!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Glasgow for me. Traditional, not the home of rugby for the cup final the home of football.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Although I can see the logistical reasons for Murrayfield and it would certainly help ticket-wise, I'd say all emotional attachment must see it at Hampden. If we're going to win the thing then I want us to do it there!

Oops..picked the wrong option.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Hampden for me.

Why would you choose one or the other. The option of Hibs winning it was there, easy choice.

@hibs.net private member
    Don't think we'll get an all Edinburgh Final to be honest - hopefully, we'll get there though. Quite fancy spending a bit of time in Glasgow city centre before and after the semi (and the Final too if it happens).
    Murrayfield would make sense if we both made it through but no way would the powers-that-be agree to it.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Why would you choose one or the other. The option of Hibs winning it was there, easy choice.

Agree.

Hampden for me.
    Serious answer now..have to agree with this. I am most excited for the day as a whole, the trips to Hampden are amazing, rather than 15 minute drive to Murrayfield.

First Team Breakthrough Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    Don't think we'll get an all Edinburgh Final to be honest - hopefully, we'll get there though. Quite fancy spending a bit of time in Glasgow city centre before and after the semi (and the Final too if it happens).
    Murrayfield would make sense if we both made it through but no way would the powers-that-be agree to it.

The Tims will spank the Yams ...no doubt about that ... Hibs v the Tims final .....gonnae take a REAL TOP DRAWER performance to win it

Picked option 3

But Hampden for me if I had to choose. I have to say thats a real change of tune for me, but having watched Hibs v Barca at Murrayfield I thought it made a rubbish football venue.

Nae chance its gonna be a factor this year anyway.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    At a time when we are all being asked to buy into the weej-fest to save the old firm, there is no chance that the SFA would let their showpiece game be played somewhere outwith Glasgow and generate the biggest football crowd for over 25 years. They would have a collective "does not compute" moment.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Hampden for me.
    Wot 'e said.

ive never liked hampden, just saying.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Definitely Edinburgh, Murrayfield and against Hearts! To show the rest of the world how astoundingly well Edinburgh can put on a show! With a sold out Murrayfield, both Hibs and Hearts would show up the establishment and the OF how to do it properly! And; Hampden's a *****hole!

After the AC/DC gig in 2009, I swore never to return due to the poor infrastructure and ground.
    Last edited by MrSmith; 13-03-2012 at 10:27 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Let's just toss a coin to decide the game and have SKY and BBC cover it live at 3pm on a Saturday that way no-one will be put out!
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 13-03-2012 at 11:10 PM.

I do not think that Hampden should be used routinely for Scottish Cup Semi-Finals because it is far too big for anything but a Hibs-Hearts match or one involving the Old Firm. Hampden should be reserved for Cup Finals

Despite all its flaws and poor location, it is right for Scottish Cup Finals and Scottish League Cup Finals.

I can recall that the 1902 Scottish Cup Final win for Hibs never felt 'right' because it was at Celtic Park rather than Hampden!

Playing a Final at a rugby ground would certainly be 'wrong', especially a rubbish one such as Murrayfield.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    I do not think that Hampden should be used routinely for Scottish Cup Semi-Finals because it is far too big for anything but a Hibs-Hearts match or one involving the Old Firm. Hampden should be reserved for Cup Finals

Despite all its flaws and poor location, it is right for Scottish Cup Finals and Scottish League Cup Finals.

I can recall that the 1902 Scottish Cup Final win for Hibs never felt 'right' because it was at Celtic Park rather than Hampden!

Playing a Final at a rugby ground would certainly be 'wrong', especially a rubbish one such as Murrayfield.
    You can recall the 1902 final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hampden for me, home of football would feel wrong to have it at a Rugby ground and as said before the journey is part of the experience.

Also holding it at Murrayfield would make the Yams happy, **** that, I'd rather piss them off by making them trail through to hampden

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

and I thought Jonnyboy was auld

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    and I thought Jonnyboy was auld

I'd prefer murrayfield as it's bigger, is in edinburgh and is a better ground.

Saying that it wouldn't bother me where it is...as we'll win regardless!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    You can recall the 1902 final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Who said irony was dead?