hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar

Glasgow train stations for the semi

Looking to come over for the semi and would be getting a train from Troon (possibly). Am I just as well getting the train to Glasgow central and a taxi out to the ground or is there a more convenient station? Also does anyone know what time the fighting is due to start before and after. I have 2 young boys and would rather avoid this if possible.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    you could just get the train from central to mount florida (rangers end) or kings park(sellick end) stations, think they are every 15/20 mins only a 5 min walk from mount florida to hampden, does anyone know what end of hampden we will be getting ? got a funny feeling we will get the sellick end, therefore kings park station best or approx £10 for a taxi from central station(safest bet)

Best / easiest way to get to Hampden is to go to either Queen St or Central and jump in a taxi. It wil be £10 at most and you beat the Q's / rush for trains to Mount Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Newry Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking to come over for the semi and would be getting a train from Troon (possibly). Am I just as well getting the train to Glasgow central and a taxi out to the ground or is there a more convenient station? Also does anyone know what time the fighting is due to start before and after. I have 2 young boys and would rather avoid this if possible.
    Will probably be getting a train from Troon also. Normally get the train to Central station and hop on a bus to Pollokshaws Road or Victoria Road and it's a 10 minute walk from there. Taxi will be easiest though.

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875_hibs View Post
    Will probably be getting a train from Troon also. Normally get the train to Central station and hop on a bus to Pollokshaws Road or Victoria Road and it's a 10 minute walk from there. Taxi will be easiest though.
    Thanks all for the replies.

Want to make it as simple as possible as I'll have a very early start for the ferry.

It looks like a good service from Troon. Presumably easy enough getting back to Central the same way after the celebrations.

Want to make it as simple as possible as I'll have a very early start for the ferry.

It looks like a good service from Troon. Presumably easy enough getting back to Central the same way after the celebrations.
    Trains every half hour to Glasgow from Troon. Yeah as long as you get to Pollokshaws Road that's the road that takes you upto the city to Central and there's always buses passing to take you to the station.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    you could just get the train from central to mount florida (other end) or kings park(Hibs end) stations, think they are every 15/20 mins only a 5 min walk from mount florida to hampden, does anyone know what end of hampden we will be getting ? got a funny feeling we will get the sellick end, therefore kings park station best or approx £10 for a taxi from central station(safest bet)

Fixed it .

Sorry - it just irks me when the neutral national stadium is constantly referred to as having ends associated with those two, just another example of how nothing can happen in Scottish football without there having to be some kind of bigot brother angle.
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    Fixed it .

Sorry - it just irks me when the neutral national stadium is constantly referred to as having ends associated with those two, just another example of how nothing can happen in Scottish football without there having to be some kind of bigot brother angle.

old habits die hard twas always the rangers end(mount florida)/sellick end(kings park) whilst growing up, but i know what you mean

remember 4 adults can get an away day return from Edinburgh to Glasgow for £21.
    only problem is you have to get on & off at the same station

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

If you are getting the train to Central I wouldnt see much point in not then getting the Mount Florida train which would take 10 mins at most and then only a 5 min walk from there. With it being Saturday the trains would be frequent also.

If we get the east side of the stadium, you can catch buses from the stop on Aitkenhead Road that take you right into town. Go to the bus stop after the police station oposite of Asda (in direction of town) and you've got the option of more buses than getting on before there. But don't tell everybody, or they'll all try it

Goog luck mate and enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    If you are getting the train to Central I wouldnt see much point in not then getting the Mount Florida train which would take 10 mins at most and then only a 5 min walk from there. With it being Saturday the trains would be frequent also.

That's likely to be the Aberdeen end, so not an option going back to Central.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Not sure whats happened in the past but wouldn't be surprised if Hibs fans are directed towards the trains to Kings Park rather than Mount Florida, assuming we get the East side of the stadium as usual.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    Geez, that isn't much of an 'away day' if you don't even get to leave the station!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Auld View Post
    Geez, that isn't much of an 'away day' if you don't even get to leave the station!!

you ken whit ah meant

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Not sure whats happened in the past but wouldn't be surprised if Hibs fans are directed towards the trains to Kings Park rather than Mount Florida, assuming we get the East side of the stadium as usual.
    Yep no doubt you will be right with it being Aberdeen and Hibs with them likely to get that end of the ground.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar

you ken whit ah meant
    Sorry but i just couldnae resist.

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    Is that if you buy on the day? Having looked on scotrail's website, it's telling me Waverly to Queen Street is £48.40 return for four people.
    You found your God in a paper back, you get your history from the Union Jack, and all your brothers and sisters have gone and they won't come back.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Quote Originally Posted by MountcastleHibs View Post
    Is that if you buy on the day? Having looked on scotrail's website, it's telling me Waverly to Queen Street is £48.40 return for four people.
    I was trying to find info on the group ticket as I remember getting it when going to Ibrox a few years back. All I could find was details of reduced prices for group tracel to Aberdeen or Inverness, so I'm not sure if they're no longer doing the deal on Glasgow journeys

The do GroupSave, 3 or 4 people for the price of two. You don't need to book in advance

Sample from the website........

From To Total GroupSave price Price per person You save*
    Edinburgh Glasgow Queen Street £24.20 £6.05 £24.20

I'm in Glasgow for around half 9, anyone up for sharing a taxi to the ground closer to kick off? Given the fact us Yorkshire lads don't like paying the full cost

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    The do GroupSave, 3 or 4 people for the price of two. You don't need to book in advance

Sample from the website........

From To Total GroupSave price Price per person You save*
    Edinburgh Glasgow Queen Street £24.20 £6.05 £24.20
    Cheers, that's the one I was thinking of. I couldn't find it on the website

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHERiFF WO0DY
    what time are people planning on leaving from waverley?