hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

1. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just booked a hotel in Glasgow for the Friday.

Night out in Glasgow, to the game then home on the train.

Just hope there's no more pissing about with the date/kick off time.
    That's way to go. Usually do that for Hampden games, it makes a great weekend of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Live on sky and the bbc. 12:45 is a pash time to kick off. Poor attendance me thinks.
    It's hardly the wee small hours is it? Will two whole hours really deter that many people?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It's hardly the wee small hours is it? Will two whole hours really deter that many people?
    There is also the fact that the new M74 extension makes Hampden a whole lot easier to get to by road.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    That's not even close to what was said.
    Ok so anyone who chooses to watch game in pub is an alky. To be honest not quite sure who his comment was aimed at because I don't see anyone on thread suggesting they won't go.

OK, I haven't read ANY comments so far saying "I'm no going cos it's 12:45", so could we possibly knock that on the head?

Jeezo, some times we just love wallowing in misery. What a bunch, we're in the Semi Final!

I know Staurdays the better of the two days but I have a very important day at work then and i will miss the whole thing, I wont even be able to have a wee fly peek at the telly.
    I'm totally gutted at having to miss the game, i feel sick just thinking about it. So for Hibs to reach the final will be even more sweeter for me and i would savour that day even more having missed out on the semi.
    GGTTH

One of the great things about an early kick off is when you come outside the ground and head for the bar. You realize that its still daylight and you're rather drunk.

I shall check into Malmaison on Devonshire Gardens after a robust night of quaffing in my favorite Glasgow hostelries. A champers breakfast, with bloody mary's to follow, should set me up nicely for the game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post
    Would rather have the Saturday game then Sunday game - less pressure as we won't know who the winners will play.

Sky and BBC live is strange - when was the last time a game was live on 2 channels at the same time ?

Can't wait - it's been too long away from Hampden!
    Exactly what I said yesterday...Saturday much better for me...Early is hardly a problem in a place thats only an hour away......Harsher on Dons fans...

Shame that TV was not announced until ticket selling ahd got under way.....If we cant sell 25,000 its very poor. Has pricing been announced yet...opportunity for family tickets etc...

I hope the club can make it clear that should we progress SF ticket holders are first in queue for final...no point in fans waiting for the final if a lack of support affects out chances of getting there....

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Exactly what I said yesterday...Saturday much better for me...Early is hardly a problem in a place thats only an hour away......Harsher on Dons fans...

Shame that TV was not announced until ticket selling ahd got under way.....If we cant sell 25,000 its very poor. Has pricing been announced yet...opportunity for family tickets etc...

I hope the club can make it clear that should we progress SF ticket holders are first in queue for final...no point in fans waiting for the final if a lack of support affects out chances of getting there....
    Also gives people time after the game to go out and enjoy their evening or drown their sorrows...then Sunday can rest up and see who wins the other semi final!

I do agree that people who buy for the semi should be given priority behind season ticket holders and club members IF we got to the final - no one can surely moan about that ?

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post
    Also gives people time after the game to go out and enjoy their evening or drown their sorrows...then Sunday can rest up and see who wins the other semi final!

I do agree that people who buy for the semi should be given priority behind season ticket holders and club members IF we got to the final - no one can surely moan about that ?
    Not sure that will happen however if we get to the final then no doubt anyone that buys a new season ticket for next season would be able to get a final ticket.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Can you talk me through the difference then as you see it??

My son just started a job in Ratho and he has to work weekends, 6 to 10 O'clock in the morning, that means i have to pick him up from his work drive back to Edinburgh so he can have a shower get dressed and then head to the game, Hampden is not the easiest place to get to on match day and with both sets of supporters coming in from the same place the traffic to the ground will be a nightmare, that's only part of my inconvenience for it being an early kick-off.

But we will still be going to support the team and cheer them on to a win if thats ok, would rather it was a 3 o'clock so it isn't a mad rush to the game.

@hibs.net private member _hucks_'s Avatar
    Grand National day, that. As a bookie working in Liverpool ill barely be able to even check on the scores. Hopefully some pleasent news after a hard days work though!

Quote Originally Posted by _hucks_ View Post
    Grand National day, that. As a bookie working in Liverpool ill barely be able to even check on the scores. Hopefully some pleasent news after a hard days work though!
    I'll be asking very politely about a split shift. I fear the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It's about as plausible as the 'People will not go to the Semi-Final because they were only allowed to buy one ticket' that was trotted out for the Hearts semi-final.

Hibs and Aberdeen get crowds below 10,000 so it stands to sense that the 52,000 capacity of Hampden is not likely to be tested.

Manage a bookies so Grand National day is the one day i just have to be there. Normally would just work a wee half day then hot foot it along the M8 for a 3pm kick off at Easter Road but canny even do that.
    I remember seening the Scottish Cup dates and thinking well we wont be there this year so no need to worry abou it... **** sake :(

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Need to ask for liou day from work otherwise i wont be going. Pretty simple really.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    My son just started a job in Ratho and he has to work weekends, 6 to 10 O'clock in the morning, that means i have to pick him up from his work drive back to Edinburgh so he can have a shower get dressed and then head to the game, Hampden is not the easiest place to get to on match day and with both sets of supporters coming in from the same place the traffic to the ground will be a nightmare, that's only part of my inconvenience for it being an early kick-off.

But we will still be going to support the team and cheer them on to a win if thats ok, would rather it was a 3 o'clock so it isn't a mad rush to the game.
    Your original post was this:

"Sure is, 3 o'clock kick off would have seen this game sell out no problem at all, now can only see about 30,000 at the game."

Does you son take 20,000 other Hibbies with him to his work?

That's quite a specific issue which all sorts of people will obviously have their own version of, as they do every week regardless of time. I'm certain there will be a few that can now make it that work late afternoon as well.

As much as I am always going to advocate games should be 3.00 pm on a Saturday, I think the only REAL reason for people having a moan about the early kick off is because it stops the amount of alchohol that some want to consume pre-game.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    That's it confirmed then, cheers

@hibs.net private member
    Am I correct in thinking that the gate money for both games gets aggregated then split 4 ways (obviously after costs). If so could still be a good pay day for the Hibs which might offset some of the poor gates this season.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that the gate money for both games gets aggregated then split 4 ways (obviously after costs). If so could still be a good pay day for the Hibs which might offset some of the poor gates this season.
    Yep.

Pretty sure that is how it works.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Its money we dont budget for if my memory is correct, and should we reach the final it could make a huge difference to the finances for this season.

Coaching Staff
    Yep. The overall average gate should be pretty good and it will go some way to making up for other losses this year.

I'm not sure its fully sunk in around here either that despite bobbing along in second bottom we could be one game away from Europe. That in itself would be a bit of a result seeing as most teams play all season to fight it out for those places.

A wee Euro trip is what it's all about for me!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Its money we dont budget for if my memory is correct, and should we reach the final it could make a huge difference to the finances for this season.
    Indeed. Particularly if a season ticket for season 2012/13 also guarantees a final ticket

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Indeed. Particularly if a season ticket for season 2012/13 also guarantees a final ticket

That could an absolute cracking way to boost more ST sales through the door for next season.

And Aye Andy74, Spot on about the Europe bit mate .

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Reaching the final would have a terrific knock on effect for this and next season, and Paddy Fenlon would be the benefactor of this. :pfgwa

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    That could an absolute cracking way to boost more ST sales through the door for next season.

And Aye Andy74, Spot on about the Europe bit mate .
    We done that the last time we got to the cup final. It's how the old man and I got our tickets.