hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by edinburghhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A great idea boys/girls, I'll be up for donating some dosh to this inawe, take it you'll all be at Tynie on Sunday? What pub you starting in I'll hand it to one of you there!

What about an Eddie Turnbull display sure the sheep would be up for that.
    Thanks. We will all be at the Murrayfield Hotel.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Something about the ridiculously early KO time

Eddie Turnbull one would be great though.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Sounds like a good idea lads, the Napoli fans had a right good display at their home game against Chelsea a few weeks back, worth a look to see if that generates any ideas.

Don't wanna rain on anyones parade but it would IMO be better left for the final, reason being that I can't see us taking more than 15-18k to the semi thus meaning large gaps in our end.

IF we got to the final then we'd sell out for definite, it would be easier to pull off.

In saying all that, would be happy to contribute a little once plans are announced.

Cheers lads.

Testimonial Due
    While I've got nothing but admiration for the dedication and commitment you guys are showing to organise this, in light of the ludicrous kick off time, and the inevitable impact it will have upon both the attendance and atmosphere at the game, do you really believe it's worth the financial and time outlay required?

Not trying to pi$h on your cornflakes, but that's a lot of money you'll be spending which could be saved for another day, be it the final or any other game.

If alls confirmed I'll chip in defo.

Hats off to the Lads for getting this going, great to see folk getting organised for the good of Hibernian.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Much of it getting spent on smoke bombs?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post

Actually a great idea... Let off loads of smoke bombs and get match delayed until a 3pm kick off?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar

Hibeerealist

Hi Guys

I helped previously with your storage of flags at ER, send me PM and I will assist again. Good idea lets make it look really good!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomson1875 View Post
    DISPLAY FOR HAMPDEN

Those awfully nice guys within sect43 have been busy this season trying to keep a bit of atmosphere going at games with some good streamer/ flag displays etc. In what has been a challenging season so far they have remained intact and grown in number. So far this season they have made numerous banners/flags and continually backed the team through thick and thin. Raising revenue from within the group has been the main source of income to fund these displays. With 12th man funds also being used to promote a better atmosphere within the ground. These are a wide range of age groups from our newest member Millie aged 2 days( congrats Derry ) to An almost 60 fossil. They may have come into criticism from some elements of supporters…but… They have also rightly received plaudits from some quarters as well. This is their first season as a group and are continually developing ideas to make displays better. THIS IS WHERE ALL HIBS FANS COME IN. The sect43 are planning a massive display that has never been done by Hibernian in the past. Details cannot be given out as this will compromise what is planned. It is intended to involve at least 75% of Hibees at Hampden for the Scottish Cup Semi -final v Aberdeen . It takes a lot of work to liase with S.F.A. to even be allowed into the ground the night before to lay out etc. It takes a complete bus to go over to Hampden the night before to arrange the display. We reckon the display could take as long as 6 hours to set up. But a minute to execute. It is a way to show National audiences just how good we are. Motherwell and Celtic did great displays last year in the Final. This is our time. This is our Year. This is our club. Let’s make this happen. The actual cost could be as much as £1500. Motherwell raised that last year to make their displays. We can do better. So, we are asking all hibs fans to dig into their pockets for this one. Donations can be made via paypal to hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk.
    Alternatively seek out any of the sect 43 guys in the terraces and donate face to face.

COME ON HIBEES WE CAN DO THIS. DON’T WAIT FOR EVERYONE ELSE TO DONATE FIRST. YOU ARE EVERYONE ELSE.

SECT43
    G.G.T.T.H.

I'd donate as long as it's not a card display.

Can you imagine cards on 20,000 seats when Hibs will have only 4,000 supporters in the ground at kick off, 5,000 in the Q at the turnstyles and 7,000 still in the pub? Doomed, ah tell ye, Doomed!

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    Hi Guys

I helped previously with your storage of flags at ER, send me PM and I will assist again. Good idea lets make it look really good!

You were very generous then

You used paypal last time - would that not work for you this time? Or do you just want more detail first?