hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lets beat the sheep first

However, IF we were to face Hearts in the final I think I'd be watching 90 mins through my fingers and would probably end up at A&E with a heart attack regardless of the result, I am bad enough on normal derby day!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtic will easily see off St Mirren or Hearts anyway, so this ain't gonna happen.
    Well, both Hearts and St Mirren are currently better teams than Hibs (well, higher placed anyway), so with that in mind, I'm assuming you think the final is about the best we can achieve? Celtic are beatable.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by dryan View Post
    Hertz would be gutted if we won it against anyone. No need to beat them in the final to get it right up them.

We could finally reclaim that song we used to sing about them winning hee haw for 40 odd years.
    Yeah, but if they're not in the final, they could simply turn off their TVs and avoid JKB/Hibs.net, and try to block out the fact we've finally won it. There's no hiding from the truth if they're there to witness it in person.

I wonder how the game would fare in terms of viewing figures. I think it'd be pretty popular, even down south.
    Last edited by SRHibs; 11-03-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Every time.

Beat them and we own them. Don't beat them and little changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I would love a Hibs-Hearts final more than anything. I can't understand people fearing it or being 'sick with nerves'. These are the games you live for as a fan, high stakes affairs against local rivals. If you're afraid of failure you never succeed, and I think that's the part of the reason both Edinburgh clubs have been such underachievers. A Hibs-Hearts final would make the Edinburgh derby a bigger fixture than local interest. I'd love it and I'd want it to happen regularly as it should with clubs of our size in Scotland.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    I made a predication / guess / throwaway statement at the start of the season that we'd beat Celtic 3-1 in the final. I'll take that right now haha

Dunno if I could deal with Hearts in the final. It would swing from possibly our greatest moment of glory to the most crushing disappointment...

I would take that, interestingly if we do manage to get to the final against Celtic would you go to the bookie and put a tenner on a correct score?

Putting aside for the moment my gut feling that the final will be between Celtc and Abderdeen....

I'd be happy in this hypothetical scenario to play Hearts in the final.

If we win, fantastic.

If we lose, I don't know any Scottish people in Munich, never mind Hearts fans, so I'd get over it a bit easier than most

I would love a Hibs-Hearts final more than anything. I can't understand people fearing it or being 'sick with nerves'. These are the games you live for as a fan, high stakes affairs against local rivals. If you're afraid of failure you never succeed, and I think that's the part of the reason both Edinburgh clubs have been such underachievers. A Hibs-Hearts final would make the Edinburgh derby a bigger fixture than local interest. I'd love it and I'd want it to happen regularly as it should with clubs of our size in Scotland.

Winning the Auld Reekie Final© would just be the first step on our 2013 assault on the Europa League and my eventual triumphal trip to the Amsterdam Arena via hovercraft with a bevy of buxom beauties, Michelin* chefs and Franck Sauzee as compere.

Its all there. We just need to reach out and grab it.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    Celtic will easily see off St Mirren or Hearts anyway, so this ain't gonna happen.

This. Assuming the unwashed do win the final will the runners-up qualify for the Europe league?
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    This. Assuming the unwashed do win the final will the runners-up qualify for the Europe league?

Ignore that - now seen all the other threads.
    ​#PERSEVERED

As long as I get a ticket I couldn't give a duck who we get in the final.

There is no reason really why we couldn't beat Hearts in the SC final, but at the end of the day everybody must be running out of excuses for why Hibs have such a horrific record a/ against Hearts and b/ in the Scottish Cup. This team are a lot better than the team that started the season, but let's face it, that doesn't take much, it's a big jump from where they are now to suggest they have a good chance of winning the Scottish Cup when Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen(who are in form at the moment) are in contention. St Mirren would be an interesting final, I thought the teams were quite even when we played them recently, and I suppose you could say the same about when we played the Dons. The problem with playing Hearts in the final isn't Hearts, it's the approach to the game that OUR team take. Okay, so we probably wouldn't get the potential pasting we would get of a Celtic team that put 5 goals past us recently, but whether it's 1-0, 2-1 or whatever, with the usual favourable decisions going Hearts way, Hearts fans will never let us forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    Hibs/Hearts final would be the life or death of me.
    I couldnae bare it! I think we can beat the Sheep but not Cellic. So want the Soapdodgers oot. If that means Hearts then so be it .. but I won't be there and I won't even watch it tbh. I'm in prayer for Hibs - St Mirren

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    Hibs/Hearts final would be the life or death of me.

Summed it up easily for me too.

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    I would be happy to beat the Sheepies and get to the final. We have more chance of beating the Deluded than the Tims, so I would be up for the Embra Final. They would be soooooo 'kin confident and they have yet to play our new team (they might get a shock next week). At this point in time no one knows who has Edinburgh rights, so bring it on.

Would be gutting to lose to them, but special to beat them.

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    Completely agree btw :-)
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ...WentToMowAnSPL View Post
    Completely agree btw :-)
    Me too. The Old Firm is Deid. The Edinburgh Firm is the future (until the Yams go breasts skyward)!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    If we get hearts in the final, then hearts it is. I know most people would have this game as a life or death situation. If we lose.... It will feel as if someone very close to you just died in front of you. While if we win... Well words won't describe on how everyone will be feeling.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    I would prefer St Mirren but if not then Hearts only because I want to see hibs finally win this cup again. The feeling will be amazing whoever we play

When asked who they wanted in the semi, hearts fans said Hibs. Now they've drawn celtic they are looking past them and wanting us in the final because they are positive about playing Celtic and they think they will hammer us.

If we do meet them in the final the crowd will be 50/50 and the teams will be evenly matched. The only difference will be the attitude of the fans if we aren't up for it like they are.

I'm not scared of playing them...stuff them and stuff their derby record. A lot of it is down to our fans just giving up and accepting them being better than us for some strange reason. They have this habit of trying to make us feel small but it's only because they know deep down that we are similar sized clubs with equal potential. The sad thing is we have started to believe all their crap because we have heard it over and over again. Their fans have had more belief for the last twenty years (for no real reason) and it has turned into results on the pitch as players do pick up on these things.

They can go on about their 4-0 all they want but we had half a team out, we had nobody there and they were artificially strengthened. Forget the league positions as things have changed dramatically...even since the start of the season...and things will only get better from next season.

I think we'll do them at Tynecastle and if we get them in the final I think we'll beat them there too.

I'm straining at the leash to put them in their place! They're no better than we are and a nice win at the piggery will maybe make them realise that they should be careful what they wish for. Let's have it!!

...If we beat Aberdeen, which is a harder game than Hearts.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Am I right in saying that st mirren are the only team left in the cup that we've beaten this season?

Anyway, them in the final? If that's how it plays out then bring it on, would be the best way to end the hoodoo and would be the party of a lifetime after!

First things first tho, beating the dandies

Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    .. but I won't be there and I won't even watch it tbh.

Shockerooni!

Would rather play celts and qualify for europa league tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by peterdouglas View Post
    When asked who they wanted in the semi, hearts fans said Hibs. Now they've drawn celtic they are looking past them and wanting us in the final because they are positive about playing Celtic and they think they will hammer us.

If we do meet them in the final the crowd will be 50/50 and the teams will be evenly matched. The only difference will be the attitude of the fans if we aren't up for it like they are.

I'm not scared of playing them...stuff them and stuff their derby record. A lot of it is down to our fans just giving up and accepting them being better than us for some strange reason. They have this habit of trying to make us feel small but it's only because they know deep down that we are similar sized clubs with equal potential. The sad thing is we have started to believe all their crap because we have heard it over and over again. Their fans have had more belief for the last twenty years (for no real reason) and it has turned into results on the pitch as players do pick up on these things.

They can go on about their 4-0 all they want but we had half a team out, we had nobody there and they were artificially strengthened. Forget the league positions as things have changed dramatically...even since the start of the season...and things will only get better from next season.

I think we'll do them at Tynecastle and if we get them in the final I think we'll beat them there too.

I'm straining at the leash to put them in their place! They're no better than we are and a nice win at the piggery will maybe make them realise that they should be careful what they wish for. Let's have it!!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    If it was the choice between Celtc and Hearts (which I think it will be as think they will edge the replay) in Glasgow then it would be Hearts every time as I think we would have more chance of beating them than beating Celtc.

Jesus!!! Let's beat Aberdeen first, that is not going to be an easy game and LS is out, I would have Docherty in midfield in his place and keep the same back 4. Soares back with Claros and Osbourne and we have a good chance,
    ROD and Sparky up front........ depends on our luck on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7 View Post
    Jesus!!! Let's beat Aberdeen first, that is not going to be an easy game and LS is out, I would have Docherty in midfield in his place and keep the same back 4. Soares back with Claros and Osbourne and we have a good chance,
    ROD and Sparky up front........ depends on our luck on the day.
    Has erty ever played midfield? i thought he was a centreback or right back. Im not a fan of playing out of position unless its unavoidable. Ivans had a couple of good games now and should keep his place along with Soares Claros and Osborne.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Has erty ever played midfield? i thought he was a centreback or right back. Im not a fan of playing out of position unless its unavoidable. Ivans had a couple of good games now and should keep his place along with Soares Claros and Osborne.
    Ivan and Ozzy are missing the derby.

Win the semi then beat Hearts in the final sounds like a good way to finish the season.