hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK

Hearts in the Final?

What are your thoughts on this potentiality? Personally, despite the fact that it'd be massively nerve-wracking, I think it'd be awesome and am definitely hoping for it. Would be a massive game for Scottish football, and Hampden packed with 60,000 Hibs/Hearts fans would show that there is still massive interest outside of OF games.

I can't think of a sweeter way to break our 110 year SC hoodoo, than to hump the Yams in the final. Conversely, losing to them would be absolutely soul destroying.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are your thoughts on this potentiality? Personally, despite the fact that it'd be massively nerve-wracking, I think it'd be awesome and am hopeful that this outcome will manifest. Would be a massive game for Scottish football, and Hampden packed with 60,000 Hibs/Hearts fans would show that there is still massive interest outside of OF games.

I can't think of a sweeter way to break our 100 year SC hoodoo, than to hump the Yams in the final. Conversely, losing to them would be absolutely soul destroying.
    coming back along the M8 with hearts coaches next to our after a defeat would be too much to bare for me, however if we won

Can't decide if I want it or not!!

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    For gods sake no. I know that I will get shouted at by everyone on here but a defeat in that would be horrific, unthinkable, utterly distroying. Yes we could win and that would be the best feeling ever and a moment of a lifetime. But I just think that their record against us and the fact they always seem to raise their game and we don't would mean they would beat us.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Hopefully St Mirren will make all this irrelevant!

St Mirren beat Hearts then Celtic and we beat Aberdeen would suit me fine.

I realise we would in no way be guaranteed to beat the Buddies, but we'd have a better chance of winning it against them than Hearts, and losing to them would be nothing like as bad.

Defeat would be horrific.

Winning would be the best thing ever, there boasting about Derby records would be rendered irrelevant in 90 minutes.

Up to you if you fancy the risk.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Hearts have had the Indian sign over hibs for years and years and years.Dont EVER want to meet them in the SC let alone the final.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    coming back along the M8 with hearts coaches next to our after a defeat would be too much to bare for me, however if we won

Can't decide if I want it or not!!
    Don't think my old ticker could stand that. There's obviously three games before that would become reality, 1 for us and 2 for them. Can't see it happening - as long as we get there that'll do for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Defeat would be horrific.

Winning would be the best thing ever, there boasting about Derby records would be rendered irrelevant in 90 minutes.

Up to you if you fancy the risk.
    He who dares wins

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    I would take it as they aren't much better than us currently IMO.

Difference between us and them is that they would relish meeting us in the final, even though as I say they ain't looking too hot. We on the other quiver in our boots at the thought of it.

Time to start thinking positive against these mutants. They are average at best and although we are still miles away from where we want to be I'd fancy our chances against them.

Bring them on next week. Pressure is all on them.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Hearts are pretty ordinary this season, really. Of course, we're not exactly Barcelona but if we had this manager and this squad all season we wouldn't sit 11th at the moment.

We have to get this fear of Hearts out of our heads. The good thing about having so many loanees in the team right now is they're not of this "Hearts will beat us as usual" mindset we've got ourselves into.

If we meet Hearts in the final if we believe we can beat them, then we can.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Hibs/Hearts final would be the life or death of me.

I can barely take the league derby nevermind a game with a cup at the end of it and our pants record.
    Hopefully St Mirren will do us a favour and put them out,failing that the lesser greens are welcome to them

:pfgwa

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    BRING

IT

ON.

Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth. What an all-time bragging rights ending way to lay to rest the cup jinx and demonstrate at the same time that the Rovers are rusted, the yellow cardigans are full of holes and the middle ranking financial services managers are now working for wholly owned subsidiaries of other companies.

Billy Brown grinning his head off holding up the cup after the game too. The ONLY way that could be better would be a final score of Hibernian 7 - Hearts 0.

I made a predication / guess / throwaway statement at the start of the season that we'd beat Celtic 3-1 in the final. I'll take that right now haha

Dunno if I could deal with Hearts in the final. It would swing from possibly our greatest moment of glory to the most crushing disappointment...

I would LOVE it there would be a suicide watch in Gorgie if we won, if we lost it would be bad but we could cope. There is No way they could live with the defeat Bring it On.

Blog Entries
    Apart from 52,000 being nothing like enough for the demand (cue another Murryfield debate )

I would take it...for the reason that although us the fans would needing plastic pants...we now have players who are stronger mentally and mostly are not Hibbies and carrying that baggage...

Think about the loanees (who we had 6 on saturday) they have come to get games and help us out the spl mire...suddenly the chance to win silverware beckons..they would be really up for it (as yesterday showed) and not blighted like previous teams have been with the years of expectation

So this year I would say yes.....what a way to do it break the hodoo AND do it against them....

Winner takes all.....i'm in...and just off to check medical suppliers for the required underwear

Celtic will easily see off St Mirren or Hearts anyway, so this ain't gonna happen.

If you think WE'd be nervy, just think what it would be like for the Yam Fans :green grin They've won the SC twice in the last 15 years, would be hot favourites, so nothing really new for them, but if they LOST to us in the SC Final it they would all be on suicide watch.

Ok, here's a question.

If we play and beat the Dons on the Sat, who do we want to win in the Celtic v Yams SEMI on the Sunday ????

A win against them in the final would be the best, nothing would compare. A defeat however, I honestly feel sick just thinking about it......

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    If you think WE'd be nervy, just think what it would be like for the Yam Fans :green grin They've won the SC twice in the last 15 years, would be hot favourites, so nothing really new for them, but if they LOST to us in the SC Final it they would all be on suicide watch.

Ok, here's a question.

If we play and beat the Dons on the Sat, who do we want to win in the Celtic v Yams SEMI on the Sunday ????

or to put it another way, they have won it twice in the last 55 years(or 3 in 56 years) twice more than us i know, but they are a big team remember :)

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post

Ok, here's a question.

Celtic. Defeat by them would be much easier to stomach IMO.

Honestly think we will get to the final but yet again it will be one step to far. I'm a negative defeatist bassa
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

I've changed my mind, I'd love to meet them in the final and beat them. All time bragging rights over those *****

I really hope we beat aberdeen in the next round.

Would feel physically sick with nerves waking up on the morning of a hibs v hearts SC final (thats if I had even slept atal!). Would be the most incredible, fantastic moment in our entire history if we were to end our SC hoodoo against our most hated rival but to loose against them would be unbearable, they would never let us live it down. The thought of that long loooong journey home from hampden after the defeat, passing all the hearts coaches and arriving back in Edinburgh with the jambos out partying would just be far to much to stomach.

We have no reason to fear hearts as they are a very average side, on our day we can beat them but we seem to just accept that we will get beat by them and that has been our biggest problem for years.

Hopefully St.Mirren will put them in their place and beat them in the replay anyway.

We have to concentrate on getting there ourselves, Aberdeen will be no walk over but hopefully there will be a massive hibs support there and the players will rise to the occasion.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Cool

Two words:

Babe Ruth curse
    Boston Red Sox
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

It'll be Tic in the final ...yes?

Looking at it .. if we get past Aberdeen (a hard game) I think it has to be Tic in the final

Having been to two finals against them (some years ago) and been really disappointed (F..... devastated but I was younger then)
    I look forward to PF putting together a team that can contain and win on the day.
    Kaisan (constant improvement) as the Ni
    Japanese say. Come on Pat confidence is everything at this stage.

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    Hertz would be gutted if we won it against anyone. No need to beat them in the final to get it right up them.

We could finally reclaim that song we used to sing about them winning hee haw for 40 odd years.

All time bragging rights. For ever.

Of course i want them in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by LAHIBBY View Post
    Would feel physically sick with nerves waking up on the morning of a hibs v hearts SC final (thats if I had even slept atal!). Would be the most incredible, fantastic moment in our entire history if we were to end our SC hoodoo against our most hated rival but to loose against them would be unbearable, they would never let us live it down. The thought of that long loooong journey home from hampden after the defeat, passing all the hearts coaches and arriving back in Edinburgh with the jambos out partying would just be far to much to stomach.

We have no reason to fear hearts as they are a very average side, on our day we can beat them but we seem to just accept that we will get beat by them and that has been our biggest problem for years.

Hopefully St.Mirren will put them in their place and beat them in the replay anyway.

We have to concentrate on getting there ourselves, Aberdeen will be no walk over but hopefully there will be a massive hibs support there and the players will rise to the occasion.

GGTTH
    I would love a Hibs-Hearts final more than anything. I can't understand people fearing it or being 'sick with nerves'. These are the games you live for as a fan, high stakes affairs against local rivals. If you're afraid of failure you never succeed, and I think that's the part of the reason both Edinburgh clubs have been such underachievers. A Hibs-Hearts final would make the Edinburgh derby a bigger fixture than local interest. I'd love it and I'd want it to happen regularly as it should with clubs of our size in Scotland.