hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Whilst I found the terracing today most satisfactory, even the hole in the roof, I was of the opinion the mis-matched corrugated roofing finish on the main stand looked a tad tacky. Do these Gypsy chaps that come to my door to "doctor" my tree every fortnight not visit our seaside west coast offering some terracotta "Roof Treatments"?
    Scottish fitba' eh???

2. Log in to remove the advert

the guy with the tutu was arrested for breach of the peace and something else but was released about 8pm without charge,

I was on the train beside his mates who said he had his phone but no wallet, or money on him .. long walk back from Ayr

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madabouthibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dues given, the blu-tac isn't actually a criminal offence.
    Sorry for overstepping the mark, over-reacting, or laughing at Jedward Tutu.......
    I did think that baldsteward guy was very harshly treated today, even had songs of a follically derisory nature sung at him!
    I mean, can a guy not shave his head without being sung to???
    Did anyone see that Honda in the car park today?
    Had a Honda badge on it...... Do we really need these Japanese jobby jabbers poking us about our crappy car industry???
    Whit?

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    It is harsh, but it is also the law (which every football supporter is aware of).

You step onto the pitch, you get lifted.
    I agree that you cannot let fans run about on the park so the stewards had no option but to lift him ,but handcuffs? Over the top from the polis if you ask me.

The fact that someone would get offended by a Union flag (or an Irish tricolour, for that matter) says more about them than any imbecile waving one IMHO.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    the guy with the tutu was arrested for breach of the peace and something else but was released about 8pm without charge,

I was on the train beside his mates who said he had his phone but no wallet, or money on him .. long walk back from Ayr

Most of the rubbish on this thread is I notice by people not there....

Of course the stewards / police could not ignore him - but it was at HT / funny and no way inciteful - it was the way the diddies of stewards strongarmed him that was unnecesarry

sense has prevailed if he has been let out - being partialed dressed in Ayr on saturday night with no wallet (I did mention on my origional thread that there was no where in that TuTu for a wallet) is punishment enough.

The bloke with the Union Jack was a bell-end on the highest order and his behaviour was incietful - howerver the police in the segregation gap were quick to warn him to pack it in and he did...so end of story

Personally TuTu lad should be made to appear while sober at HT in the derby - better than the normal HT 'entertainment'

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post

It'll seem even longer if he's still wearing a TuTu.

Kind of torn on this one.

The guy in the tutu ran on the pitch and everyone knows what happens when you do that. The reaction.of the Police and Stewards was ott though. From where I was standing the guy was going with the stewards quite placidly so the way the Police grabbed him and put handcuffs on seemed a bit heavy handed.

The whole Police and steward response after was just ridiculous. The Hibs end was good natured all day, everyone was having a good time, singing, bouncing etc. It never once seemed like getting out of hand or violent. Yet after half time there was Police lined right up the front of the terrace, I was standing at the corner near the Corner flag at the entrance side and we had about 5 or 6 stewards and Police come stand in that area and start eyeballing folk and looking like they were spoiling for trouble.

The Police seemed more capable and keen to start trouble than any Hibs fans did. Football supporters being treated like 2nd class citizens yet again.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    In terms of over " over enthusiastic" stewarding, that was almost touchy-feely compared to how they act at Parkhead.
    For the tutu incident, well this is like a forward taking his shirt off after scoring. Not the worst offence but you know upfront what will happen. Hopefully he will be charged with doing a Desmond.
    As for the Union Jack? Well if the boy thinks that will wind people up, that says more about the rancid seam that under-pins that area of the country.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A bigger safety concern for me was the locking of the gates at the Railway end and failure to open them until 5 or 10 mins after the final whistle. People had started to move round to the exit 10 -15 mins from the end with some obviously hoping to get away early. What then developed was people pushing towards the gate and a bit of a crush in a very limited exit area with heated exchanges between police officers and fans with some clearly getting lifted.

I'm not really sure why these measures were in place but felt it could have resulted in some serious crush injuries and kids like my 10 year old daughter were caught up in it. Why is it when people like you and me put a scarf around our neck it is ok to treat us like cattle? Poor show from the polis!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    A bigger safety concern for me was the locking of the gates at the Railway end and failure to open them until 5 or 10 mins after the final whistle. People had started to move round to the exit 10 -15 mins from the end with some obviously hoping to get away early. What then developed was people pushing towards the gate and a bit of a crush in a very limited exit area with heated exchanges between police officers and fans with some clearly getting lifted.

I'm not really sure why these measures were in place but felt it could have resulted in some serious crush injuries and kids like my 10 year old daughter were caught up in it. Why is it when people like you and me put a scarf around our neck it is ok to treat us like cattle? Poor show from the polis!
    It was the same getting in as well.

We got to the turnstiles about 10 to 3 and there were pretty big queues. The Police did the right thing to an extent by staggering how many people could get to the turnstile area at one time and holiding others a bit further up the street. Everyone was waiting quite patiently then a steward started running up the queues screaming at folk to stand and wait patiently and calm down; there was absolutely no reason for it.

I got in with a minute or two to spare but a lot of people where still streaming in well after the 1st goal. Why didn't the Police use a bit common sense and ask the match commander to tell the referee to delay kick off by 5 or 10 minutes?

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    "Tutu boy" got out at 11pm last night without charge he also did not get interfered with in the jail so good news all round :-)
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It was the same getting in as well.

We got to the turnstiles about 10 to 3 and there were pretty big queues. The Police did the right thing to an extent by staggering how many people could get to the turnstile area at one time and holiding others a bit further up the street. Everyone was waiting quite patiently then a steward started running up the queues screaming at folk to stand and wait patiently and calm down; there was absolutely no reason for it.

I got in with a minute or two to spare but a lot of people where still streaming in well after the 1st goal. Why didn't the Police use a bit common sense and ask the match commander to tell the referee to delay kick off by 5 or 10 minutes?
    I was told that a request had been passed to match commander to get kick off delayed but he either didn't ask the ref or the ref ignored it. I'd go for commander not even bothering to ask, after all it was only about £20,000 worth of paying customers missing kick off due to inadequate facilities.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    Why dont some of you get a grip!!!

The lad in the tu tu was funny, i laughed at him myself BUT it IS an offence to run on to the park! The stewards for once were doing there job and as instructed handed the offender over to the police.

This will no doubt be reported and Hibs will suffer in some way and the guy will also. He knows its against the law to run on to the pitch. He may well have been charged and the police will forward his details to Easter Road and he will be banned . In turn he will miss the semi so his prancing around in his tu tu did him no good!

More worrying for me was the flares! What idiot brought them into the ground 'cause he too should know what the law is as far as flares are concerned. They were set off in a wooden framed aluminium shed type covering, the flares could have set it on fire causing panic and/or damage/injury to Hibs supporters in that enclosure!

It will be interesting to see what the SPL rep will say in his report about this too. AGAIN it will be Hibs that will suffer at the hands of some idiots!

For God's sake be sensible and let Hibs enjoy their cup run without any more incidents like this happening.!!
    You sound like a right hoot! i.e flares, there were no flares in the hibs end. They were smoke grenades. They annot set the place on fire and therefore would not cause panic/injury.

We were in amongst that area, all ages and not one person seemed bothered, in fact most people quite enjoyed them.

Well done to all the hibbies in behind the goal today, great atmostphere, great flags, great songs, great smoke grenades, great afternoon.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JIm View Post
    You sound like a right hoot! i.e flares, there were no flares in the hibs end. They were smoke grenades. They annot set the place on fire and therefore would not cause panic/injury.

We were in amongst that area, all ages and not one person seemed bothered, in fact most people quite enjoyed them.

Well done to all the hibbies in behind the goal today, great atmostphere, great flags, great songs, great smoke grenades, great afternoon.

Spot on.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Thought it was superb, apart from the idiot who threw the can of beer towards the pitch at kick off, but he was spotted and taken away minutes later.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    I agree that you cannot let fans run about on the park so the stewards had no option but to lift him ,but handcuffs? Over the top from the polis if you ask me.
    Wait...so if I wear a tutu and run onto the pitch, I'm going to be handcuffed?

And they say Scottish Football is dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Kind of torn on this one.

The guy in the tutu ran on the pitch and everyone knows what happens when you do that. The reaction.of the Police and Stewards was ott though. From where I was standing the guy was going with the stewards quite placidly so the way the Police grabbed him and put handcuffs on seemed a bit heavy handed.

The whole Police and steward response after was just ridiculous. The Hibs end was good natured all day, everyone was having a good time, singing, bouncing etc. It never once seemed like getting out of hand or violent. Yet after half time there was Police lined right up the front of the terrace, I was standing at the corner near the Corner flag at the entrance side and we had about 5 or 6 stewards and Police come stand in that area and start eyeballing folk and looking like they were spoiling for trouble.

The Police seemed more capable and keen to start trouble than any Hibs fans did. Football supporters being treated like 2nd class citizens yet again.
    This about sums it up for me. Strathclyde Police seem to be caught in an 80's time warp regarding Hibs fans, and appear to be absolutely desperate to provoke a major incident with their over-the-top, offensive, highly authoritarian behavior. No crowd of citizens in modern Britain get treated like football supporters, yet large scale disturbances INSIDE stadiums has been almost non-existent for over THIRTY years.

Polis chiefs: lighten the *uck up and stop using football fans as a crooked attempt to extort overtime payments from the taxpayer.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Wait...so if I wear a tutu and run onto the pitch, I'm going to be handcuffed?

And they say Scottish Football is dull.
    Yup, DBS, I reckon there were more than a few fellows looking on that scene longingly.....

Smoke bombs are quality. Was amazing yesterday, hope we have them every game.

Cue debate part II

Quote Originally Posted by JIm View Post

Why tutu boy didn't rip his Jedward mask off when he reached the other terracing thus rendering himself unrecognisable to the polis baffles me.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Was right beside the fencing where the tit with the flag was and in fairness to the Ayr fans did notice a couple of them having a word. As said before, anyone that gets wound up by someone waving a Union needs to have a serious look at themselves, just sit back and have a laugh at the boy embarrassing himself, you get a chuckle and he doesnt get a reaction, everybody wins

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    FFS, the lad ran onto the pitch. He knows the rules, we all know the rules. Police can be OTT at times but they're villified far too often IMO.

Arresting someone for waving a flag would be over-zelous. At least he was told to stop and did so. Incidently, did his immature attmepts to antagonise the fans even work?
    I was right next to the centre line, the guy in question was at least 40-50 and a complete half wit, even the Ayr fans were giving him pelters which resulted in the ****** skulking off

:pfgwa:pfgwa

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CENNYDD
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Smoke bombs are quality. Was amazing yesterday, hope we have them every game.

Cue debate part II

Just to start the debate

I aint going to comment on the quality of them. What I will say is tough that it is illegal to take them into the ground. If you take the chance of trying to get them in then no crying when you get lifted

Also if we get a reputation for such things the searches getting into the ground will become more stringent and will take longer to get through the turnstiles.

Not having a go at anybody, just things to consider.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post

Why tutu boy didn't rip his Jedward mask off when he reached the other terracing thus rendering himself unrecognisable to the polis baffles me.

Maybe if he had a Desmond TuTu under the Jedward one and when he got to the other end rip the jedward one of and stand there with the DT one on, that would have fooled the stewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Hibbie View Post
    Just to start the debate

I aint going to comment on the quality of them. What I will say is tough that it is illegal to take them into the ground. If you take the chance of trying to get them in then no crying when you get lifted

Also if we get a reputation for such things the searches getting into the ground will become more stringent and will take longer to get through the turnstiles.

Not having a go at anybody, just things to consider.
    You can't possibly think anyone who does this thinks about anyone else or any inconvenience it might cause do you?
    Space to let

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CENNYDD
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    You can't possibly think anyone who does this thinks about anyone else or any inconvenience it might cause do you?
    No don't think they do but at least now they cant say they didn't and nobody told them

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Inconveniance?

'Flares'
    I'm sure somebody described them last time as 'bombs'.

Get a grip, atmosphere was great yesterday, knew I'd come on here today to read people griping about the wee puffs of smoke that were swirling around.