hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come and sign for a team with Hibs class fella. The way some folk conduct themselves is a disgrace, doesn'tt happen with the Beers......much

Good to see you yesterday fella, all the best for the rest of the season and will see you next season.

If everyone else is looking for Teo, he can be found in Gus's back pocket
    After throwing one in against Yous the other week I doubt you'd have me!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Thankfully due to injury I only played yesterday. Missed the Duddingston and Salters debacles.

It's a total joke at the moment and I feel sorry for the guys who just want to play football, you know that there's a few decent guys there but its like being in a **** soap opera just now.
    I know who you mean mate, thankfully for yourself & them the season is almost over, can't imagine too many will be hanging around for another season in the 1st division though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    After throwing one in against Yous the other week I doubt you'd have me!!
    And conceding one from me too eh

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Come and sign for a team with Hibs class fella. The way some folk conduct themselves is a disgrace, doesn'tt happen with the Beers......much

Good to see you yesterday fella, all the best for the rest of the season and will see you next season.

If everyone else is looking for Teo, he can be found in Gus's back pocket
    Haha more of a case if anyone is wanting to find Gus, just look to the side of the pitch where he's keeled over spewing at trying to keep up with me.. I've changed my game, not a pushover anymore, its what the premier does to you!

Alright guys - I play for Duddy and despite being a regular on the main forum, only just realised this Hibeernian forum was here. Have to say, the ref definitely spoiled last weekend's game. But what I don't get is why teams continue to argue with refs when they must be able to see exactly what's going to happen. Last weekend could have been played with barely a yellow card, but once the first few have been issued unreasonably, surely you have to start biting your lip? It's happened to us three times now this season, where we've had to tell our players not to speak to the ref at all, and watched the other team get a flurry of bookings and sending offs. A sad state of affairs, but surely avoidable. How many of your bookings were for dissent? I'd estimate all but 1 or 2.

Either way you played quite well in the second half, especially with 10 men, and could have easily drew had it not been for a few bits of last gasp defending/goalkeeping. It wasn't one of our better performances, which certainly couldn't have been said about our game vs AC a few weeks ago, when everything clicked into place.

We now have 3 games to go against teams outwith the title race and a 5 goal advantage over Westside. They play Bonnyrigg this week and unless they can post another 8-0 type scoreline, the league will be ours to lose.

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Quote Originally Posted by bob12345 View Post
    Alright guys - I play for Duddy and despite being a regular on the main forum, only just realised this Hibeernian forum was here. Have to say, the ref definitely spoiled last weekend's game. But what I don't get is why teams continue to argue with refs when they must be able to see exactly what's going to happen. Last weekend could have been played with barely a yellow card, but once the first few have been issued unreasonably, surely you have to start biting your lip? It's happened to us three times now this season, where we've had to tell our players not to speak to the ref at all, and watched the other team get a flurry of bookings and sending offs. A sad state of affairs, but surely avoidable. How many of your bookings were for dissent? I'd estimate all but 1 or 2.

Either way you played quite well in the second half, especially with 10 men, and could have easily drew had it not been for a few bits of last gasp defending/goalkeeping. It wasn't one of our better performances, which certainly couldn't have been said about our game vs AC a few weeks ago, when everything clicked into place.

We now have 3 games to go against teams outwith the title race and a 5 goal advantage over Westside. They play Bonnyrigg this week and unless they can post another 8-0 type scoreline, the league will be ours to lose.

Good luck mate, would much rather you guys won the league than Westside. We have been done out by a poor bit of bad sportsmanship shall we call it and 3 consecutive draws followed by defeat last week.

I can't say much about last week other than what has already been said however our centre half who was sent off only put his hand on the referees shoulder to then be shown his second yellow. Answer me that? Our captain, who by rights is allowed to speak to the ref, was booked for asking a question, and the other bookings were for similar incidents. We wont mention previous games but there have been similar incidents throughout the season and we know who the referees are that will be like that. We just need to learn from it and stop it going forward.

Good game all in all.