hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 993 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 493893943983991992993994995100310431093 ... LastLast
Results 29,761 to 29,790 of 44390
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have JJ's credentials been verified in any way? Clearly he's a keen observer of all things Newco, but is he even a Rangers fan?
    Celtic supporter living in England apparently.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Now he's crediting a Hibs supporter for reporting King flying in for a secret meeting.

https://johnjamessite.wordpress.com/...board-meeting/

Have JJ's credentials been verified in any way? Clearly he's a keen observer of all things Newco, but is he even a Rangers fan?
    Doesn't really matter. His info has been generally sound (although his arithmetic, not so much).
    He has an agenda, like Phil Macgiollabhain, but at least it is out there in the open. If they were telling fibs it would be very easy for Rangers to stop them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    I think he's definitely a Rangers supporter, nobody goes to the lengths he has as a wind-up.

He has it in for King with what can only be described as a pathological obsession .
    They will also be aware that the Rangers support effectively were sleepwalking when they ended up in their previous mess.

Anyone who criticised them was jumped on as being anti-Rangers.

I think that this time they are collectively less likely to take things on face value from whoever happens to be in charge at the club.

The way this chap goes on though one suspects that King has pumped his good lady.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Doesn't really matter. His info has been generally sound (although his arithmetic, not so much).
    He has an agenda, like Phil Macgiollabhain, but at least it is out there in the open. If they were telling fibs it would be very easy for Rangers to stop them.

I think it matters because, as we know from the Hearts admin fiasco, even well informed observers can easily add 2 + 2 and end up with 5.

There is endless speculation that Newco are in financial difficulties, but as far as I can tell, little genuine insider knowledge being leaked to those outside observers.

@hibs.net private member
    I think it matters because, as we know from the Hearts admin fiasco, even well informed observers can easily add 2 + 2 and end up with 5.

There is endless speculation that Newco are in financial difficulties, but as far as I can tell, little genuine insider knowledge being leaked to those outside observers.
    Think it is based on the sums not adding up looking at income and anticipated outgoings but mainly the glib and shameless one not coming up with the money he promised before he took over.

In both their old and new forms, Ra Gers have been shafted before and maybe Ra peepil aren't all taking it at face value..

Does all this mean that whoever is fourth must finish more than 25 points in front of Rangers in the event of an insolvency to prevent them going up?

I definitely fancy us to be in front of them should they be deducted 25 but what about Falkirk, Raith, St Mirren?

Interesting to speculate.............

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Does all this mean that whoever is fourth must finish more than 25 points in front of Rangers in the event of an insolvency to prevent them going up?

I definitely fancy us to be in front of them should they be deducted 25 but what about Falkirk, Raith, St Mirren?

Best thing those teams could do is start taking points off Newco, so they are well positioned should any insolvency event occur.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

No. They only need to finish 1 point ahead of them

What you mean is they need to have won less than 25 points less than Rangers to shut them out of the play offs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 28-10-2015 at 06:02 PM.

Depends if they also lose players. There may not be enough money in the pot to run an admin, especially as it would need to last as long as the court case. May go straight to the big L?

Depends if they also lose players. There may not be enough money in the pot to run an admin, especially as it would need to last as long as the court case. May go straight to the big L?

Even in an administration, they would likely lose players.

I think an administrator would try to keep things going for the rest of the season. An early sale of ST'S would be the first step.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Even in an administration, they would likely lose players.

I think an administrator would try to keep things going for the rest of the season. An early sale of ST'S would be the first step.

Just a laymans opinion, but I think there would be too many variables to encourage an early take up of STs...The need to get through the play-offs with a weakened side...would they even get back to the top league in this scenario? The shock to their tiny wee minds that they're not 'overinvesting' to get back there. The realization for the majority of them that glib and shameless is exactly that. Not many will be reading the blogs and will be unaware of the true situation...all they can see is their team riding high in the league. Asking them to dip into their pockets again might be a step too far. I'm hoping for an early xmas present in the shape of what Ozy is suggesting

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Just a laymans opinion, but I think there would be too many variables to encourage an early take up of STs...The need to get through the play-offs with a weakened side...would they even get back to the top league in this scenario? The shock to their tiny wee minds that they're not 'overinvesting' to get back there. The realization for the majority of them that glib and shameless is exactly that. Not many will be reading the blogs and will be unaware of the true situation...all they can see is their team riding high in the league. Asking them to dip into their pockets again might be a step too far. I'm hoping for an early xmas present in the shape of what Ozy is suggesting
    If they didn't at least attempt an early sale of ST'S, they wouldn't reach the play offs. As Ozy suggested, it would be the big L and they would have to stop trading.

If they didn't at least attempt an early sale of ST'S, they wouldn't reach the play offs. As Ozy suggested, it would be the big L and they would have to stop trading.

An early sale of season tickets creates new creditors which I'm not sure they are allowed to do? Would they not cancel this years tickets and go pay at the gate to try keep the lights on?

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    King had one eye on the pot and the other up the chimney (and seems to talk a load of peggish.)

What is it they say about people that look down and to the left when telling you something....... oh I peggish just about covers it.

An early sale of season tickets creates new creditors which I'm not sure they are allowed to do? Would they not cancel this years tickets and go pay at the gate to try keep the lights on?

Think you're right. Did they not do that before?

Think you're right. Did they not do that before?

IF I remember rightly the yams didn't sell next seasons tickets for that reason.
    Space to let

Left by mutual consent!
    A Celtic crazy stalked by Rangers crazies

Quote Originally Posted by BIGK View Post
    What is it they say about people that look down and to the left when telling you something
    A body language expert might say he's lying.

Herald today with a piece slagging Mike Ashley. Although it's ostensibly about Sevco's finances and MA's role in this, it doesn't mention any of the real problems looming on the horizon for the zombie club. Mainly talks about how he has messed up Newcastle FC. Softening up the follow followers for what's to come and making ready to lay the blame at MA's door possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by Brunswickbill View Post
    Herald today with a piece slagging Mike Ashley. Although it's ostensibly about Sevco's finances and MA's role in this, it doesn't mention any of the real problems looming on the horizon for the zombie club. Mainly talks about how he has messed up Newcastle FC. Softening up the follow followers for what's to come and making ready to lay the blame at MA's door possibly?
    They won't be able to escape the fact that if MA was in control there is zero chance Rangers would go to the wall.
    It's only because Dave King forced him out that new Rangers are now in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunswickbill View Post
    You're not the first to suggest that, and I share that opinion. MA has been the big bad wolf for a while now, and it will get worse.

Will he care?

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Will he care?
    As a follower of Newcastle United .. I would suggest that he probably won't .. .. in fact, I would go so far as to suggest that he reads these articles with a cheeky grin on his face ..
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    You're not the first to suggest that, and I share that opinion. MA has been the big bad wolf for a while now, and it will get worse.

Will he care?
    If rangers were to go pop, remind me of what Ashley would "own"
    I'm presuming this is what he would have secured against his loan?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    If rangers were to go pop, remind me of what Ashley would "own"
    I'm presuming this is what he would have secured against his loan?

He is owed £5m, which is secured against various assets. In the event of their sale, the first £5m would go to him.

He would be entitled to take possession of them, I think, but (and this is where my legal knowledge is sketchy) probably only where the value was less than £5m. That's like a bank repossessing a house in the event of a defaulted mortgage.

ATM, I've no thoughts as to which would be better for him.

More to the point, we're on page 999, guys. Shall we just stop here?

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

Will he care?

King could be trying to goad Ashley into pulling the plug on Sevco.

They are in default of the £ 5 million loan agreement. SD were meant to have 2 reps. on the Board and the AIM registration had to be maintained, so a receiver could be appointed to collect the funds required for repayment.

If they are beyond saving better to get a patsy to pull the trigger.

I don't think it will work though, Ashley has thick skin.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    He is owed £5m, which is secured against various assets. In the event of their sale, the first £5m would go to him.

He would be entitled to take possession of them, I think, but (and this is where my legal knowledge is sketchy) probably only where the value was less than £5m. That's like a bank repossessing a house in the event of a defaulted mortgage.

ATM, I've no thoughts as to which would be better for him.

Could be wrong, but can't see Ashley forcing them under, would be unbelievable bad publicity for Sports Direct, or does he view all publicity as good

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Could be wrong, but can't see Ashley forcing them under, would be unbelievable bad publicity for Sports Direct, or does he view all publicity as good
    Could be good marketing to appeal to the other 95% of modern forward looking Scotland by doing what the politicians and football authorities couldn't or wouldn't do and rid the nation of this scar on it's image?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

Naw, getting to 1,000 would be grand.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.