hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 905 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 40580585589590390490590690791595510051405 ... LastLast
Results 27,121 to 27,150 of 44390
    New Rangers chairman on sportscene saying Rangers were at the front of scottish football in terms of governance and he wants them to be again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyle89 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New Rangers chairman on sportscene saying Rangers were at the front of scottish football in terms of governance and he wants them to be again.
    Did he say when that was? Was it when he was there before?

I know the media are hanging on their every word but you would think directors and chairman have an obligation to think before they speak.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Did he say when that was? Was it when he was there before?

I know the media are hanging on their every word but you would think directors and chairman have an obligation to think before they speak.
    Said along the lines of he's 50 and when he was growing up Rangers were at the forefront in terms of size and governance.
    You would think but then again it is Rangers....new club, same old ***** ;)

Paul Murray is an utter bawbag. The sense of entitlement is now back and stronger than ever down Ibrox way. I also laugh at them thinking £20m is going to suddenly turn them into the Scottish equivalent of Barca. They've lost around £70m over the last few years and would love to know what's going to be so f'n special about this £10m or £20m they're spouting, when £70m has done nothing. Gretna did better with a lot less ffs. Lets not forget, all these bawbags were at the helm when the proper Rangers died.

Testimonial Due
    Said along the lines of he's 50 and when he was growing up Rangers were at the forefront in terms of size and governance.
    But he also said the club needed rebuilt from top to bottom and called on fans to have patience. That says to me another season in the Championship...

Governance. More like Govanance They have thier own laws down that way and they are corrupt to the core . To start talking about Rangers leading the rest of Scottish Football a day in the door is arrogant and shamefull,it shows they are not even prepared to be humble or contrite they just want to talk about restoring the Blue Order to its rightfull place .The media can't get enough of it

Coaching Staff
    As a vehicle for cheating, bigotry and delusions of grandeur ?

Murray looks like a boy who would wear different coloured socks with his winkle pickers

Disgusting club, Scotland don't need them - this should be the media message

Scotland's national team is doing better now than it was for the last 15 years Rangers were in the top league

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    It was incredible. He said that Rangers were used to being the leaders of Scottishf football governance and direction (or similar) and then went on to say that Rangers were the biggest club in Scotland.

They think they are back to where they were under Murray mint, lording it. My hatred just goes up another notch. Luckily enough we have a manager and players that I am confident will wipe the floor with them when it comes to the crunch.
    i read that and couldn't believe he actually said it - in that instant of disbelief, I had this fleeting image of me as a journalist at this 'interview' (Love-in) and saying to him -

"LEADERS OF SCOTTISH FOOTBALL, YA FXXXXXXXG B*WBAG ?? ARE YOU TRYING TO TAKE THE PXXS ?? - IT TOOK YOU S*UM UNTIL AS RECENTLY - AYE, RECENTLY - 1989, JUST 26 FXXXXXG YEARS AGO, TO SIGN A FXXXXG CATHOLIC, YA LYING, TWO-FACED ,PIECE OF C*AP !!!!'

"AND LOOK HOW YOUR S*UM-SUPPORT REACTED WHEN THAT HAPPENED, EH ?? - SEASON-TICKETS BURNED/TORN-UP IN PUBLIC, IN FRONT OF TV-CAMERAS, VOWS OF 'NEVER RETURNING AS LONG AS HE'S THERE', FFS - 'LEADERS OF SCOTTISH FOOTBALL ,YA CLOWN ??' - IT WOULD TAKE YOU VERMIN ANOTHER 100 FXXXXXG YEARS JUST TO REACH THE 19TH-CENTURY, YA FXXXXXG AXXE-WIPE !' - YE'S WERE - AND ARE - THE FXXXXXG BACKWARD, BANJO-PLAYERS OF THE GAME, YA LYING PIECE OF S*UM THAT YE ARE !!"

And do you know something, I felt a lot better after that wee, mental rant !!!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Davie weir linked with the Huns job in the sun today.

Was he not totally gash in his only job so far? Thought he was a disaster at sheff utd?

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    I think this is great news for The Rangers and Scottish football. Once they get beat in the play-offs, they'll disolve in the championship and implode...again.

Has 'The King' rode down Edmiston Dr on his white horse yet?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Davie weir linked with the Huns job in the sun today.

Was he not totally gash in his only job so far? Thought he was a disaster at sheff utd?
    They're creaming themselves on FF at the thought of Weir and Warburton at Ibrox.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    They're creaming themselves on FF at the thought of Weir and Warburton at Ibrox.
    Suppose in fairness anyone is likely to be better than McDowell.

They said similar about mccoist though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    They'll cream themselves at the thought of any 'Rainjurs Men' in the hot seat, it will help with the siege mentality they'll try and grow between now and the end of the season.

Regardless of who picks the team, they're pish. You cannae make a chicken burger out of chicken ****.

MSM are beside themselves that The Rangers need a manager NOW despite King saying they will take time.

The 0-0 draw has panicked the media that they might after all not have the teddy bears back in the big league and 4 OF games next year.

Super scoreboard yesterday were speculating Uncle Walter might come back but even if not, McCall or Davies would ensure the sticky buns would go up.

Forgetting about the absolute trash, unfit and out of contract squad they have and forgetting about a certain team in green that are way ahead of them on fitness and form.

Forefront for size? Remind me how many of their loyal supporters would appear in the early 80s.

Forefront for governance? Presumably he means when Huns RIP and Septic ran Scottish football to suit themselves.

I'd prefer that he took Sevco Huns back to their original size (bottom division) and traditional governance (Green and his pals misspending the cash).
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    MSM are beside themselves that The Rangers need a manager NOW despite King saying they will take time.

The 0-0 draw has panicked the media that they might after all not have the teddy bears back in the big league and 4 OF games next year.

Super scoreboard yesterday were speculating Uncle Walter might come back but even if not, McCall or Davies would ensure the sticky buns would go up.

Forgetting about the absolute trash, unfit and out of contract squad they have and forgetting about a certain team in green that are way ahead of them on fitness and form.
    Fitness will be the key. You just get the impression that Rangers players have got into bad habits when they were romping the lower divisions. I don't think they've got the squad to last till the end of May. Any idea what the position is with the Newcastle loanees?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Forefront for size? Remind me how many of their loyal supporters would appear in the early 80s.

Forefront for governance? Presumably he means when Huns RIP and Septic ran Scottish football to suit themselves.

I'd prefer that he took Sevco Huns back to their original size (bottom division) and traditional governance (Green and his pals misspending the cash).
    Certainly at the forefront of a move to play in a different country, and leave the rest of us behind.

Still quite a good idea, tbh, because - as it stands - Scottish football is too big for them.

Coaching Staff
    I like their new plan.

Spend even more money than they are now and hope to make it back from Champions League money.

Can't see how that could go wrong. Surprised no one has done it before.

Failing that, expect lots of unfounded press speculation about the Huns signing or looking at our best players (or even Stubbs) in effort to disrupt and unsettle. It's what the weegie press do best.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I like their new plan.

Spend even more money than they are now and hope to make it back from Champions League money.

Can't see how that could go wrong. Surprised no one has done it before.
    I
    Looking forward to that new improved deal for Boyd, simply as he is Rangers minded ;-)

Actually he sums them up perfectly, still fat and succulent and eating from the trough and trying to be relevant, where the reality is that they are an outdated, anachronistic throwback that simpy ly does not work in the modern day and are well past their use by date.
    Last edited by Iain G; 08-03-2015 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    I
    Looking forward to that new improved deal for Boyd, simply as he is Rangers minded ;-)

Actually he sums them up perfectly, still fat and succulent and eating from the trough and trying to be relevant, where the reality is that they are an outdated, anachronistic throwback that simpy ly does not work in the modern day and are well past their use by date.
    No, they are doing fine, the media love them, more of this the rangers minded progress please. Bringing back sally assisted by big tel helps build that mentally - if dodgy Dave is ever allowed to operate legally in the UK and if money actually exists this has to be their next move, a big fat long term contract.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Failing that, expect lots of unfounded press speculation about the Huns signing or looking at our best players (or even Stubbs) in effort to disrupt and unsettle. It's what the weegie press do best.
    I'm really surprised that hasn't happened - yet !. Surely our MSM haven't realised that not ALL Scottish Football Fans are as thick as the Hun-support and, despite 'new ownership' know that they still haven't got the proverbial 'Pot to P*ss in' and would therefore be unable to afford ANY of our players ??

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    I'm really surprised that hasn't happened - yet !. Surely our MSM haven't realised that not ALL Scottish Football Fans are as thick as the Hun-support and, despite 'new ownership' know that they still haven't got the proverbial 'Pot to P*ss in' and would therefore be unable to afford ANY of our players ??
    And they cannae start p*ssing in any pots until they get themselves relisted on the stock exchange again then they can start cough cough, ahem "investing" - borrowing.

Sir Matt Busby

DK will delist so he doesn't have the scrutiny on finances & accounts.

Paul Murray is a moderately successful accountant. He certainly doesn't have any personal wealth to give Rangers.

However moderately successful he has been he surely must realise that Ibrox has always been, and remains, a black hole as far as money is concerned.

The problem he appears ignorant to is that they will have to rely on the generosity of people wealthier than him to try and change things at Ibrox.

DK talks about structured debt as the way forward (borrowing what they can afford). But MA has security over many assets, and the retail income stream. Of course there are the onerous contracts too.

Let the SMSM regurgitate the PR puff, Rangers aren't going to be getting better for quite some time.

I'd wager that the best they can hope for is to try & emulate Aberdeen. As for challenging Celtc? Not for a long, long time - there are too any things needing too much cash which they don't have.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    DK will delist so he doesn't have the scrutiny on finances & accounts.
    Agreed - WHO, in Scottish Football, is gonna question them if they do get an extraordinary, mind-boggling 'investment' from somewhere ?. Our 'media', the GFA ?? - no-one will and that's what worries me. King will know all sorts of 'Dodgy characters who'll have large amounts of equally 'Dodgy-money' that needs cleaned-up.Their history shows they have scant regard for the rules that everyone else adheres to and King & Co will know this is the 'Last Drop Saloon' for the Hun's future existence so they'll stoop to any levels.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Agreed - WHO, in Scottish Football, is gonna question them if they do get an extraordinary, mind-boggling 'investment' from somewhere ?. Our 'media', the GFA ?? - no-one will and that's what worries me. King will know all sorts of 'Dodgy characters who'll have large amounts of equally 'Dodgy-money' that needs cleaned-up.Their history shows they have scant regard for the rules that everyone else adheres to and King & Co will know this is the 'Last Drop Saloon' for the Hun's future existence so they'll stoop to any levels.
    If anyone who does business with RFC in a professional capacity has any suspicion of money laundering, they have a legal duty to report that suspicion. Not to do so is a crime in itself.

Given the profile of TRFC, any "dodgy" investment will be scrutinised by many, particularly fans of other clubs. That in itself puts extra pressure on their professional advisers to do the "right" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    If anyone who does business with RFC in a professional capacity has any suspicion of money laundering, they have a legal duty to report that suspicion. Not to do so is a crime in itself.

Given the profile of TRFC, any "dodgy" investment will be scrutinised by many, particularly fans of other clubs. That in itself puts extra pressure on their professional advisers to do the "right" thing.

Nice theory.

How did that work out in Hearts' case?