hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 87 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889971371875871087 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    And, of course, Doncaster Rovers could replace the Hun in the SPL. Neil might like that.

http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-...tage_1_2125780

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of folk will have said they are not going back if the huns are not punished properly, and that means demotion.

Just how many will actually do this is unknown, a lot will probably go back, some will keep their promice.

The suits will probably gamble if they can get away with it and try and be as sympathetic as possible with the huns, and hope most folk are all spouting hot air and will go back should they remain in the SPL.

Where i dont think Doncaster and the rest of them are in touch with the average non old firm football fan, is we are really pissed off. We know at the start of every season we are competing for 3rd at best.

If Rangers are allowed to get away with basically cheating, even when they are guaranteed at least 2nd every year, a lot of people will just give up.

It will tell us what we already knew, the old firm are running the game for their own end, and even when caught red handed nothing changed.

If they are demoted to the bottom league as a new club hun2012 or whatever they wish to call themselves, we will then see some balance at last brought into the game and fairness will be their for all to see, and each and every club will know if you flout the rules, to the extent the huns have, the penalties are there for all to see.

The most galling thing for me in all this, is you can bet your last penny if it was any other club bar Celtic, they'd already be playing their football if they even survived in the 3rd division, and there would be no outpouring of grief for the loss of any institution or highly paid footballers.
    I think you're correct. With OF domination led by sectarianism, and now financial cheating, and the general decline of the product, I reckon that thousands of fans are just waiting for the excuse to bail. (And I number OF 'fans' amongst them.) Let's face it, it's become an ugly, shabby circus and a big embarrassment.

I believe the way forward is for the smaller nations to band together and form integrated leagues on a regional basis.

Scottish football is dying and the SPL will kill it stone dead, by once again, doing the wrong thing here. You can count on it.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    As you say, it is my opinion. Whether you think it is stated as fact is up to you.

You are of course entitled to your opinion and I repect that, but if you really think that a team called Rangers won't be in the SPL next season then I believe you are deluding yourself.

As for the ranting you mention, I think there is more than enough going on at the moment that deserves to be ranted at.

Lets just wait and see how this all pans out, but if I'm right, I can assure you that gloating will be the last thing on my mind.
    I'm with you Rebus.

I'd even be surprised if this time next year Rangers arent sitting 2nd in the SPL. The hun masses will be saying that Celtic winning the 2012/13 season is tainted due to them being cheated. We'll all be moaning about the standard and state of Scottish football, still. Vlad will still be with Hearts having released umpteen statements about Mowgli, and has now introduced Baloo the bear into his ramblings. And TQM will still not be going to Easter Road. I dont see anything changing.

First Team Breakthrough Hibbylad86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This thread really does have it all.

Now it's cross-border disputes!!

Cross border disputes aside CWG, Whyte has just come out saying Rangers will agree a CVA and liquidation will not happen. Liklihood of a CVA going through here? zero??

@hibs.net private member
    Scotsman regular updates on Rangers showing some interesting responses to DK's statement this morning. DM will defend his position he says and CW contradicts DK about liquidation. But then who listens to CW these days. Interestingly the other Murray bloke also says this and that the way forward is CVA. Has that not been done to death?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...alks-1-2157626
    Last edited by CentreLine; 07-03-2012 at 02:19 PM.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbylad86 View Post
    Cross border disputes aside CWG, Whyte has just come out saying Rangers will agree a CVA and liquidation will not happen. Liklihood of a CVA going through here? zero??
    I'm smiling here at seeing your Location and Craigie's name so close to each other.

This tale has twists and turns, and I'm loving it all. But it would be a helluva twist if HMRC were to change their policy and agree to a CVA. Never say never, of course, but I really can't see it.

FFS, just noticed that even Paul Murray is quoted as saying that a CVA is the way forward.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 07-03-2012 at 02:19 PM.

I'm smiling here at seeing your Location and Craigie's name so close to each other.

This tale has twists and turns, and I'm loving it all. But it would be a helluva twist if HMRC were to change their policy and agree to a CVA. Never say never, of course, but I really can't see it.

FFS, just noticed that even Paul Murray is quoted as saying that a CVA is the way forward.
    Deliberate spoon-feeding by the £1mllion-and-rising liquidators?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ancienthibby View Post
    Deliberate spoon-feeding by the £1mllion-and-rising liquidators?
    I would suggest that this is being heavily promoted by D&P since it is what they were hand picked to do. Otherwise even the remaining tatters of the master-plan does not fall in to place

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Coming soon to ESPN - The Administration Cup Rangers Vs Portsmouth winners will be allowed to melt down trophy and sell for scrap !
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

This just up on the BBC site.

That'll be a no to helping Rangers, then?

• 1538:
      St Mirren statement continued: "No speculative thought or decision shall come from St Mirren FC until the exact position at Rangers FC is known. If the board of directors of St Mirren FC be required to make any decisions they would decide the best way forward in the best interests of St Mirren FC and the Scottish Premier League...

• 1536:
      St Mirren board of directors:"You will realise there has been a great deal of speculation in the media surrounding the events at Rangers FC. Should it be required and only when the situation is absolutely clear at Rangers FC, any view of St Mirren FC Ltd would be taken by the board of directors...

• 1535:
      BREAKING NEWSSt Mirren statement on Rangers...

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

That'll be a no to helping Rangers, then?

• 1538:
      St Mirren statement continued: "No speculative thought or decision shall come from St Mirren FC until the exact position at Rangers FC is known. If the board of directors of St Mirren FC be required to make any decisions they would decide the best way forward in the best interests of St Mirren FC and the Scottish Premier League...

• 1536:
      St Mirren board of directors:"You will realise there has been a great deal of speculation in the media surrounding the events at Rangers FC. Should it be required and only when the situation is absolutely clear at Rangers FC, any view of St Mirren FC Ltd would be taken by the board of directors...

• 1535:
      BREAKING NEWSSt Mirren statement on Rangers...

Seems to me more like a we will decide when we need to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    I would suggest that this is being heavily promoted by D&P since it is what they were hand picked to do. Otherwise even the remaining tatters of the master-plan does not fall in to place
    It's not about them being hand-picked to do it. It's about their duty to investigate the possibility of one happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbylad86 View Post
    Zero might be on the optimistic side.

It will have to wait for the Big Tax case to be sorted surely?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Seems to me more like a we will decide when we need to decide.
    I'm off to phone the bank and tell them that I won't make a decision on whether I need a loan until I know if I need a loan or not and have to make a decision on whether I want one or not.

Completely pointless statement from St Mirren.

• 1538:
      decide the best way forward in the best interests of St Mirren FC and the Scottish Premier League...
    or......we need them, they have to be readmitted

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I'm off to phone the bank and tell them that I won't make a decision on whether I need a loan until I know if I need a loan or not and have to make a decision on whether I want one or not.

Completely pointless statement from St Mirren.
    To be fair clubs were getting criticised for not saying anything on the Radio yesterday so a "We will comment when we have to" comment is fair enough

Left by mutual consent!
    Hunnish staff meeting being held currently. What's the betting that the administrators will yet again defer a decision on redundancies?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    Hunnish staff meeting being held currently. What's the betting that the administrators will yet again defer a decision on redundancies?
    Sky Sports saying it will be Friday now before a decision will be made

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    Sky Sports saying it will be Friday now before a decision will be made
    So they announced on Friday that they need to trim costs by £250k a WEEK. By this Friday they'll have saved £10k in week 1. So they're £240k down already!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    To be fair to them, they are in an extremely difficult position.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Apparently the potential new owners are just waiting to shake hands on a deal. No change there then.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Full statement -

Administrators have revealed they wish to sell Rangers FC in the next few days amid a "perilous financial situation".

Duff and Phelps issued a statement on Wednesday as they battled to reach agreement with players over pay cuts.

David Whitehouse, Joint Administrator, said: "We are announcing today we are accelerating the sale of Rangers Football Club.

"The Club is in a perilous financial situation and that should not be under-estimated. Regrettably, we have been unable to agree cost-cutting measures with the playing staff on terms that will preserve value in the business. We understand the players' position as the scale of wage cuts required to achieve these savings without job losses were very substantial indeed.

"In view of this, we are faced with a situation of making redundancies within the playing staff on such a scale that would materially erode the value of the playing squad. We are striving to strike a balance where cost-cutting measures can be implemented but do not destroy the fabric of the playing squad to the extent that it will inhibit the prospect of a sale.

"However, no one should be in any doubt that in the absence of sufficient cost-cutting measures or receipt of substantial unplanned income, the Club will not be able to fulfil its fixtures throughout the remainder of the season.

"As a result, we are expediting the sale process and over the next few days we will be holding discussions with prospective purchasers who have declared their interest. The Manager, Ally McCoist will play an integral part in these discussions.

"If however it becomes apparent that the sale process cannot be accelerated there will be no choice but to implement very severe cost cutting measures at the Club."

First Team Breakthrough
    In other words, if we can't agree a sale in the next few days, then liquidation WILL happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidge View Post
    In other words, if we can't agree a sale in the next few days, then liquidation WILL happen.
    ... or, to be cynical, if we don't do something here quickly, our fees are in jeopardy.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Why would anyone want to buy them!?
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    Why would anyone want to buy them!?
    Indeed. But they still have to go through that process, otherwise they're not doing their job properly.

I reckon all potential purchasers will take the same stance "it's subject to the BTC going in our favour".... in which case, there can't be a deal..... unless that verdict comes very soon, and in RFC's favour.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    To be fair clubs were getting criticised for not saying anything on the Radio yesterday so a "We will comment when we have to" comment is fair enough
    I'm not sure what the criticisers wanted the clubs to say then. They haven't been asked to make a decision and no-one knows what the **** is going on at Rangers.

Away from St Mirren's comment, just read the Duff and Phelps statement - how can they sell the club without knowing the result of the 'big' tax case. If that goes as expected, wouldn't that just force them into administration again?

@hibs.net private member
    ... or, to be cynical, if we don't do something here quickly, our fees are in jeopardy.
    Administrators are top of the list when it comes to dividing up the money. They are paid no matter what

To me it sounds like the squad are refusing to take pay cuts, meaning they'd have to lay most of them off, which obviously reduces the value of the club for a buyer.

This smacks of a put up or shut up offer to Murray / King / whoever else, as in buy the club now or most of the playing staff goes bye bye.

There's surely nobody in their right mind who would buy them by the end of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Administrators are top of the list when it comes to dividing up the money. They are paid no matter what
    Not if there's no cash, though

They will already have taken a payment on account. In light of today's announcement, they will probably have taken some more today.