hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 86 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788961361865861086 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member
    It's a bit quiet today over on the dark side. What has happened to the exodus?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair to the admins, they probably allow training to go on as normal. It'll be this afternoon before there is any action, I reckon.

Paul Murray to make conditional offer before 16 March deadline (BBC blog)

EDIT: BBC site now also saying that SDM will make a statement this pm re Dave KIng's remarks.
    Last edited by ancienthibby; 07-03-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ancienthibby View Post
    Paul Murray to make conditional offer before 16 March deadline (BBC blog)

EDIT: BBC site now also saying that SDM will make a statement this pm re Dave KIng's remarks.

i reckon SDM won't show, maybe the new DM might

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    That is rubbish. It is true that the SPL has no power to'bust a team to SFL3 but a new team can apply for the resultant vacancy.

If Rangers get binned, I assume that should Rangers get kicked out of the SPL that will mean that the bottom club will stay up and the top SFL club still promoted. That will leave a vacancy in SFL Division One so presumably one team will avoid relegation from SFL1. Eventually there will be a vacancy in SFL3 that will be open to outside applicants.

Newco Rangers will be able to apply for that vacancy along with Gala Fairydean and anyone else who applies.
    Found the SPL Regs I was looking for . Its in the SPL Articles of Association Clause 14

"The SPL Board following the Company General Meeting passing a Qualified Resolution that such notice should be issued by the Board and confirming the identity of the proposed transferee, transfer its share to such other person ---------- "

Page 5 of Articles Qualified Resolutions require 90% approval.

It will require 10 of the 11 SPL members approval for the dead Hun share to be transferred to New-Hun Ltd.

Doncaster is either an imbecile or is seriously at it.

Just had some mail from an outfit inviting me to a seminar on "Compliant Offshore & Tax Planning Solutions".

It includes an item on "Life after EBT's".

I have sent copies on to the appropriate places

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    This will just not happen.

Whatever filth is still to ooze out of Castle Greyskull over the next few days and weeks, you can rest assured that Glasgow Rangers will take their place in the SPL next season.
    This might be the cas eoif they come out of administration. I won't be if they are liquidated

Forget the football authorities, it will go well beyond that. The people who will ultimately decide Rangers fate will be a lot higher up than that. If the SPL and SFA make a stand I can guarantee that Alex Salmond and politicians of all other parties will intervene to save them from ultimate humiliation.
    No politician is going to see their party decimated by overt support for the Huns over the heads of the SFA/SPL if they decide to kick them.

Already you can see the bias from the BBC. I have yet to hear anyone on a phone in programme or a text read out, pointing out that most Scottish football fans - never mind Celtic fans - want to see the back of them, and will gladly take the chance of losing TV revenue. The game looks buggered with or without Rangers anyway. Instead we have to listen day in day out to the hand wringing drivel of the likes of Billy Dodds.
    You've been listening to different programmes to me then. Rangers fansa re going to support them, and there are lots of them. Other fans dont, and there's lots of them too. Lots of Celtic fans for all this jelly and ice cream p!sh dont want them to die becuase like lots of Hibs fans with hearts, their favourite games are their derbies.

There is at this moment a complete media ban on a paedophile case in Scotland, because some of the accused just happen to hold or have held high office. If the people that run the country can do this - and get away with it - then saving Rangers will be a piece of cake.
    Entirely and utterly irrelevant. Whtever the truth on this case you mention it is entirely un-related from a legal process point of view.

We are stuck with them.
    Lets hope not, eh

?

The issue I have with posts like this is that it is opinion stated as fact without evidence to back it up. IF you are right, then its a bad, sad day and that'll be it for me with senior football. If you're wrong, then lets gloat at the punishment. But wait to rant until there's something to rant at eh?

Has Doncaster not realised that by letting NewCo Rangers back into the SPL they will probably kill 10 other SPL clubs, as going by what I've read online from non OF fans, most people are not going to attend anymore games, and as such put the remaining SPL clubs into trouble (barring Celtic, as they will still have enough fans to carry on).

It seems strange that they are willing to sacrifice 10 clubs for the good of 1

Maybe the 10 chairmen should be looking at the bigger picture.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Okay I'm back.

I'm more than a little concerned that so many fellow netters seem to have tasted the same corporal punishment from the same Latin teacher as me. There is a clear pattern here.

In other news, nobody seems to have mentioned the interview with our own Amanda Jones earlier this evening. What she said was very enlightening. I was driving at the time, so couldn't write it all down, but from memory she was saying:-

1. employment law doesn't stop just because of administration. That's a fundamental issue.

2. as the admins have said, they can't force wage cuts on players.

3. as the players are on fixed term contracts, it is unlikely that there will be any redundancy provisions in there.

4. as a result of 3, players would be entitled to sue for what is due on the remaining portion of their contract, if they were simply told to leave.

5. notwithstanding 4, it would be normal to have a negotiated settlement in these situations.

She also sympathised with the job of the admins. Being a football person, she understands the issues. The undercurrent was, if I understood her right, that the admins are doing this bit by the book.

I have dealt with Amanda a couple of times, and she knows her stuff.
    I heard the same interview and you have reported correctly. It explained why the negotiations are taking so long and I don't see it being picked up by the Press.

Oh, and I only had the one experience with the slipper when he decided to that the whole class would get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    I heard the same interview and you have reported correctly. It explained why the negotiations are taking so long and I don't see it being picked up by the Press.

Oh, and I only had the one experience with the slipper when he decided to that the whole class would get it.
    I bumped into him last year in Goldenacre..... I never realised he was so small. Had a decent conversation with him... he's 80 odds and still going to the gym. To my amazement (and humility), 30-odd years later, he remembered me.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    ?

The issue I have with posts like this is that it is opinion stated as fact without evidence to back it up. IF you are right, then its a bad, sad day and that'll be it for me with senior football. If you're wrong, then lets gloat at the punishment. But wait to rant until there's something to rant at eh?

As you say, it is my opinion. Whether you think it is stated as fact is up to you.

You are of course entitled to your opinion and I repect that, but if you really think that a team called Rangers won't be in the SPL next season then I believe you are deluding yourself.

As for the ranting you mention, I think there is more than enough going on at the moment that deserves to be ranted at.

Lets just wait and see how this all pans out, but if I'm right, I can assure you that gloating will be the last thing on my mind.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingertosser View Post
    Has Doncaster not realised that by letting NewCo Rangers back into the SPL they will probably kill 10 other SPL clubs, as going by what I've read online from non OF fans, most people are not going to attend anymore games, and as such put the remaining SPL clubs into trouble (barring Celtic, as they will still have enough fans to carry on).

It seems strange that they are willing to sacrifice 10 clubs for the good of 1

Maybe the 10 chairmen should be looking at the bigger picture.
    A lot of folk will have said they are not going back if the huns are not punished properly, and that means demotion.

Just how many will actually do this is unknown, a lot will probably go back, some will keep their promice.

The suits will probably gamble if they can get away with it and try and be as sympathetic as possible with the huns, and hope most folk are all spouting hot air and will go back should they remain in the SPL.

Where i dont think Doncaster and the rest of them are in touch with the average non old firm football fan, is we are really pissed off. We know at the start of every season we are competing for 3rd at best.

If Rangers are allowed to get away with basically cheating, even when they are guaranteed at least 2nd every year, a lot of people will just give up.

It will tell us what we already knew, the old firm are running the game for their own end, and even when caught red handed nothing changed.

If they are demoted to the bottom league as a new club hun2012 or whatever they wish to call themselves, we will then see some balance at last brought into the game and fairness will be their for all to see, and each and every club will know if you flout the rules, to the extent the huns have, the penalties are there for all to see.

The most galling thing for me in all this, is you can bet your last penny if it was any other club bar Celtic, they'd already be playing their football if they even survived in the 3rd division, and there would be no outpouring of grief for the loss of any institution or highly paid footballers.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Can anybody remember/explain what happened to Gretna when they went bust. IIRC they couldn't pay bills, went into administration, then when they found assest were worth less than liabilities they were liquidated.

Next question, is it not the same with Rangers? Gretna, and Livi were demoted to the bottom of the 3rd, so surely the precedent has been set.

Just saying, likes.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member
    I know this has appeared before but I can’t find what the views were. What is stopping Newco Rangers from applying to join the English Conference League and trying, over the next few years, to get themselves eventually in to the EPL? (Oh I hope they can) And has this been CW’s plan all along hence his smug approach to admin/liquidation?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    To be fair to the admins, they probably allow training to go on as normal. It'll be this afternoon before there is any action, I reckon.
    Why....they have no game this weekend

I know this has appeared before but I can’t find what the views were. What is stopping Newco Rangers from applying to join the English Conference League and trying, over the next few years, to get themselves eventually in to the EPL? (Oh I hope they can) And has this been CW’s plan all along hence his smug approach to admin/liquidation?
    My understanding is that UEFA rules prevent a club playing in a league in another country.

The rule was not retrospective, hence the Berwick Rangers, Swansea and Cardiff situation. And Berwick is really ours as well.

My understanding is that UEFA rules prevent a club playing in a league in another country.

The rule was not retrospective, hence the Berwick Rangers, Swansea and Cardiff situation. And Berwick is really ours as well.
    Derry City, and Monaco are other exceptions.

In the case of Derry the move from Irish League to the League of Ireland was fairly recent.

North Berwick is, but not Berwick upon Tweed, that belongs to England!

I get fed up with Doncaster droning on about the need for TV if the SPL is to survive. What he means is for the SPL to survive in its current form. Is that what anyone really wants ?

Take away the TV money and the biggest impact is on the ugly sisters. The direct revenue that Hibs lose would be made up by selling about 1,500 extra ST's. Hard to say the impact on sponsorship money but the gate receipts for matches that were formerly televised would fill a large part of that hole.

In any case, it would mean that a radical re-think would be required and we could perhaps go down the German route of restructing, beginning with a cap on player salaries. This would lead to a departure of foreign players and the opportunity for our own young players to come through.

Without Rangers, these changes would be easier to carry through. So, leaving aside the fact that I loathe everything to do with them, the sooner they are consigned to history, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr Orlov View Post

Only on a technicality. We lost the last battle but the war isn't over yet.

Even if you take the Tweed as the English-Scottish border, Berwick Rangers ground is in Tweedmouth on the South bank.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Even if you take the Tweed as the English-Scottish border, Berwick Rangers ground is in Tweedmouth on the South bank.
    ... and ER isn't in Leith?

I get fed up with Doncaster droning on about the need for TV if the SPL is to survive. What he means is for the SPL to survive in its current form. Is that what anyone really wants ?

Take away the TV money and the biggest impact is on the ugly sisters. The direct revenue that Hibs lose would be made up by selling about 1,500 extra ST's. Hard to say the impact on sponsorship money but the gate receipts for matches that were formerly televised would fill a large part of that hole.

In any case, it would mean that a radical re-think would be required and we could perhaps go down the German route of restructing, beginning with a cap on player salaries. This would lead to a departure of foreign players and the opportunity for our own young players to come through.

Without Rangers, these changes would be easier to carry through. So, leaving aside the fact that I loathe everything to do with them, the sooner they are consigned to history, the better.
    I reckon we, and others, would hold on to our decent young players a couple of seasons longer. There would be less filthy lucre being waved at them from Govan, teasing them to come and sit on the bench. Their careers would benefit, our product would be better, and there would still be a market for selling them on down South.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    But Berwickshire's in Scotland

Only on a technicality. We lost the last battle but the war isn't over yet.
    That is very true my friend

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    As you say, it is my opinion. Whether you think it is stated as fact is up to you.

You are of course entitled to your opinion and I repect that, but if you really think that a team called Rangers won't be in the SPL next season then I believe you are deluding yourself.

As for the ranting you mention, I think there is more than enough going on at the moment that deserves to be ranted at.

Lets just wait and see how this all pans out, but if I'm right, I can assure you that gloating will be the last thing on my mind.
    I think Rangers will be in the SPL if theyre still in administration, which, sadly, is the only thing that can happen, albeit with another ten points deduction as thems the rools.

I think Rangers wont be in the SPL if they are liquidated. My personal belief is that if it comes to the crunch, the depth of feeling from non OF fans will be expressed to the resepctive boards in spades: "Play fair, dont take the p!sh when voting whether to allow FC Newhun to play, or see ya". It only need two clubs to vote no. I think the 'Tache has made his position pretty clear, and Vlad will joyfully stick it up them.

Their choice is TV + no fans, or fans + reduced TV. Only one way they can go, and it wont involve Ranger sin the SPL if they're liquidated.

And you're right about the ranting, but rant at things that have happened rather than things that might.
    Last edited by Twa Cairpets; 07-03-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    But Berwickshire's in Scotland
    Berwick upon Tweed comes under Northumberland
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwickshire
    Last edited by The_Sauz; 07-03-2012 at 12:57 PM.

This thread really does have it all.

Now it's cross-border disputes!!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Then move the ground over the water

Quote Originally Posted by Pitlochry hibee View Post
    Can anybody remember/explain what happened to Gretna when they went bust. IIRC they couldn't pay bills, went into administration, then when they found assest were worth less than liabilities they were liquidated.

Next question, is it not the same with Rangers? Gretna, and Livi were demoted to the bottom of the 3rd, so surely the precedent has been set.

Just saying, likes.
    The cases were very different.

Gretna were liquidated and went out of existence. They finished bottom of the SPL so not decision had to be taken as they were already going to be relegated from the SPL.

The SFL1 had no club relegated so a team avoided relegation to SFL2 and as a knock-on effect another was not relegated to SFL3.

That led to a vacancy in SFL3 which was filled by Annan.

Meantime Gretna reformed as a newco in 2008 and joined the East of Scotland League.

Livingston were not liquidated but were relegated two divisions by the SFL down to SFL3. It made little difference as they were strong favourites to be relegated to SFL2 and with the squad they had were always likely to be promoted to SFL2 after one season.