hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 834 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 3347347848248328338348358368448849341334 ... LastLast
Results 24,991 to 25,020 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does he know about paragraphs?

It's all good from the point of view of us gloating, but it annoys the hell out of me (the business me, not the Hibby me) that such a review wasn't conducted at the very start of RFC MkII.

However, Llambias' comment that the whole thing needs to be closed down and restarted is quite encouraging.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

It's all good from the point of view of us gloating, but it annoys the hell out of me (the business me, not the Hibby me) that such a review wasn't conducted at the very start of RFC MkII.

However, Llambias' comment that the whole thing needs to be closed down and restarted is quite encouraging.
    Me too.

But I don't know if "the people" would have tolerated it at the time. There was still the feeling that they were a big club and that they had to blow fortunes on transfers - it's what they're all about.

They've had a few years trawling around the lower leagues with reality sinking in and I think that this time they might realise that there would be no third chance, and that the very existence of their club actually does mean a lot more to them than their delusions of grandeur.

@hibs.net private member
    This really annoys me - he calls himself a journalist, author and blogger, yet he seems incapable of writing in a style which is half way readable. I guess he's a journalist in the same way that Sun reporters are journalists.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Would that not be unnecessarily highfalutin, given that the target audience struggle to spell their own team's name?

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    See there wee just awared 204,000GBP for the development of Charlie Telfer - to be paid by Dundee UTD

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    See there wee just awared 204,000GBP for the development of Charlie Telfer - to be paid by Dundee UTD
    Yep.

Agree with the principle, but the price is very steep IMO.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    I don't get the argument that they've used. Surely it was the companies that ran the club signed him up for a contract, paid his wages and developed him. He simply played one game in league one.
    If there was any development monies due it should go into the creditors pot, not the current company running the club?
    ie Season ticket income doesn't go to the club, it goes to the company? so why would income in this case?

CWG

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    How much did The Rangers want for him?
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    I don't get the argument that they've used. Surely it was the companies that ran the club signed him up for a contract, paid his wages and developed him. He simply played one game in league one.
    If there was any development monies due it should go into the creditors pot, not the current company running the club?
    ie Season ticket income doesn't go to the club, it goes to the company? so why would income in this case?

CWG
    For me, it centres round the fact that NewHun took on (most of) the staff of OldHun, with all the rights and responsibilities that go with that. They are liable to pay the contracts, pensions, redundancies of the employees. .....the balance to that is that they should be entitled to the benefits of those employees as well.

Haven't seen the full report yet so don't know if the tribunal used that reason. Was it simply a case of "poor things need the money...just give it to them"?

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    How much did The Rangers want for him?
    £200,000. What Newco want, Newco get. The SFA will never allow Newco to suffer after what happened to Oldco. Watch them bend over backwards to allow Ashley's de-facto ownership.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    £200,000. What Newco want, Newco get. The SFA will never allow Newco to suffer after what happened to Oldco. Watch them bend over backwards to allow Ashley's de-facto ownership.
    Yip, still think Dundee Utd will make good money from him though. Still don't see how Newco get the money. Can see where CWG was coming from but still think creditors should have got a proportion based on the length of time he was with Oldco rather than Newco.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Yip, still think Dundee Utd will make good money from him though. Still don't see how Newco get the money. Can see where CWG was coming from but still think creditors should have got a proportion based on the length of time he was with Oldco rather than Newco.
    It will be interesting to see what the liquidator does now. If he thinks that he is due the cash, he will chase NewHun for it.

@hibs.net private member
    It will be interesting to see what the liquidator does now. If he thinks that he is due the cash, he will chase NewHun for it.
    Yes £200k for training a guy for 2 years just doesn't sit right.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post

The player was TUPE'd over along with most other staff. The Newco bought the assets along with the brand and the history before the Oldco was handed to the Liquidators.
    I'm really surprised at Dundee United. A consultation from a decent Employment Lawyer would have shown them their case was weak but lets be honest, Stephen Thomson has something of a blind spot when it comes to Rangers. He's pretty much incapable of being rational about them and that is something that goes back years.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Trouble is, Rangers Football Club did'nt own or train the youth players.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/3643791.stm

Rangers Youth Development Company was wound up and struck off in 2013

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    That's correct, they had no option.

Didn't he take a pay cut, though?
    Only once details of his pay became public and the orcs reacted did he 'volunteer' to take a pay cut, although only on a temporary basis. Not sure it's been confirmed whether or not this happened.

Just seen on SSN that the Rangers have admitted exaggerating Saturday's crowd. Been revised down to 19k from 28k.

Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    Just seen on SSN that the Rangers have admitted exaggerating Saturday's crowd. Been revised down to 19k from 28k.
    That's not exaggerating, though, is it? It's falsifying.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    I'd take him more seriously if he didn't write like an embittered blow hard.
    Pretendy fake wannabe sectarian bigot hack who peddles myths started in Celtic pubs.

When he starts a line with "I am hearing..." or "My sources tell me.." you know its bull****.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Not many walk up fans = less money in the kitty

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Trouble is, Rangers Football Club did'nt own or train the youth players.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/3643791.stm

Rangers Youth Development Company was wound up and struck off in 2013
    You should email that to Stephen Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Not many walk up fans = less money in the kitty
    They are claiming its non attendance of ST holders. Other than a vanity exercise what benefit is there in claiming a larger attendance

Blog Entries
    They are claiming its non attendance of ST holders. Other than a vanity exercise what benefit is there in claiming a larger attendance
    Exactly. If it were 'pay at the door' punters, they would be liable for income tax and vat. Unless of-course, HMRC are so lax that they don't take account of what clubs publish for attendances.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

The Yams , Celtic and Rangers all claim attendances far in access of the numbers who actually " attend " by claiming all season ticket holders as attendees.

I don't know if its just big team bull-***** or their marketing departments can use the inflated figures to get advertising/sponsorship deals.

The Yams put out a figure of over 15,000 for the QoS game on Saturday when there were gaps all over the stadium and a near empty visitors stand.

Yet , when its a cup-tie like Celtic the week before, when the attendance has to be accurate, only 12,500 attend and over 3000 are visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    The Yams , Celtic and Rangers all claim attendances far in access of the numbers who actually " attend " by claiming all season ticket holders as attendees.

I don't know if its just big team bull-***** or their marketing departments can use the inflated figures to get advertising/sponsorship deals.

The Yams put out a figure of over 15,000 for the QoS game on Saturday when there were gaps all over the stadium and a near empty visitors stand.

Yet , when its a cup-tie like Celtic the week before, when the attendance has to be accurate, only 12,500 attend and over 3000 are visitors.
    I could easily believe that there were more at the QoS than the Celtc game. Yams don't do turning up when they know they're going to get cuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    You should email that to Stephen Thompson
    I still don't get Stephen Thomson's point though.

I think he's an opportunist here - he's trying to pull a fast one and exploit the whole Rangers/ The Rangers/ Sevco shenanigans.

The young lad was trained by another club (we can argue all day about whether it's one club or two) and United have taken that player. They should be due the money for the development of that player, no question. The only question should be how much goes to the new club and how much goes to the creditors of the old one.

As Hibs fans it is funny to see United doing this but to me it looks a bit like a wee boy poking a big, wounded animal with a stick. One day it's going to get better and it won't be happy.

I reckon it's only a matter of time before The Rangers are back at the top of the top league (it's what the authorities want). They'll get through their trials and tribulations mainly because there's so bloody many of them.

Bigger teams from higher leagues taking players from smaller leagues and smaller teams without paying what is due for the development of them is a terrible thing for Scottish football and given their habit of bringing through decent young Scottish players of late, United need to be careful with the point they're trying to make here.
    Last edited by Smartie; 11-12-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I still don't get Stephen Thomson's point though.

I think he's an opportunist here - he's trying to pull a fast one and exploit the whole Rangers/ The Rangers/ Sevco shenanigans.

The young lad was trained by another club (we can argue all day about whether it's one club or two) and United have taken that player. They should be due the money for the development of that player, no question. The only question should be how much goes to the new club and how much goes to the creditors of the old one.

As Hibs fans it is funny to see United doing this but to me it looks a bit like a wee boy poking a big, wounded animal with a stick. One day it's going to get better and it won't be happy.

I reckon it's only a matter of time before The Rangers are back at the top of the top league (it's what the authorities want). They'll get through their trials and tribulations mainly because there's so bloody many of them.

Bigger teams from higher leagues taking players from smaller leagues and smaller teams without paying what is due for the development of them is a terrible thing for Scottish football and given their habit of bringing through decent young Scottish players of late, United need to be careful with the point they're trying to make here.
    I don't get this point, if they've not got a case then they've not got a case, but if he thinks he can get a better deal for his club then you're saying he shouldn't cause, basically, Rangers are going to be big again and that's frightening?

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    I don't get this point, if they've not got a case then they've not got a case, but if he thinks he can get a better deal for his club then you're saying he shouldn't cause, basically, Rangers are going to be big again and that's frightening?
    I don't think he has a point - I think United are due them the money. I think the only matter is where the money goes and that this has been a misguided personal crusade as Thomson (more than anyone else) has a serious issue with Rangers.

Celtic are way bigger than all the other clubs in this country and Rangers have the potential to get back up there. Establishing a precedent whereby higher league, bigger, stronger teams can take players from smaller, weaker teams (United are currently stronger, The Rangers are weaker) without paying what they are due (which is what I think Thomson is trying to do) is dangerous because you can bet your boots that if Rangers return to their previous position every Scott Brown, Steven Fletcher, David Goodwillie or Ryan Gauld would end up at Ibrox with "wee clubs" like us and United receiving a pittance.
    Last edited by Smartie; 11-12-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I don't think he has a point - I think United are due to the money. I think the only matter is where the money goes and that this has been a misguided personal crusade as Thomson (more than anyone else) has a serious issue with Rangers.
    This is the nub of it. Thomson is completely incapable of rational thought process when it comes top Rangers. He sees all sorts of ancient historic grievances and wrongs done to Dundee United by Rangers and he now just lashes out at them at every opportunity. Personally I'd rather my club kept its dignity.

Furthermore Dundee United seem now to be the only major club still actively poking this whole Rangers thing, no other club is saying anything although it's pretty obvious that Celtic at boardroom level are desperate for Rangers to win the Championship this year to fill the £10m a year hole in their accounts the gap leaves them with.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    This is the nub of it. Thomson is completely incapable of rational thought process when it comes top Rangers. He sees all sorts of ancient historic grievances and wrongs done to Dundee United by Rangers and he now just lashes out at them at every opportunity. Personally I'd rather my club kept its dignity.

Furthermore Dundee United seem now to be the only major club still actively poking this whole Rangers thing, no other club is saying anything although it's pretty obvious that Celtic at boardroom level are desperate for Rangers to win the Championship this year to fill the £10m a year hole in their accounts the gap leaves them with.
    Rangers need reminded at every opportunity that they are a different club rather than meekly accepting their agenda all the time. The more Thomsons and less media apologists and sympathisers the better.