hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 818 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 3187187688088168178188198208288689181318 ... LastLast
Results 24,511 to 24,540 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He thinks Sevco will give him Champions League football quicker than Newcastle. Little does he know that a resurgent Hibs will be challenging Celtic for that spot and not the Mozilo men.
    He must be naive or know very little about football if he thinks any Scottish team will experience much in the way of Champions League football any time soon.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    He must be naive or know very little about football if he thinks any Scottish team will experience much in the way of Champions League football any time soon.
    Got more chance than Newcastle, to be fair...

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    The Rangers meltdown thread at the top of the forum is always a good sign :-p
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    He thinks Sevco will give him Champions League football quicker than Newcastle. Little does he know that a resurgent Hibs will be challenging Celtic for that spot and not the Mozilo men.
    You get about £17m for a Scottish team in champs league. Newcastle got £77m from TV from prem league last year.
    Newcastle will always come first for him.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Ashley owns shares in Rangers (8 or 9%), has stadium naming rights, controls retail merchandise sales, is putting two place men on the Board, lends them £2Mill, will underwrite a share issue, (all according to reports) yet owns 100% of Newcastle United!!! I thought there were rules in place to stop this happening. What is going on in the corridors of power in Scottish football while all this is going on?

The whole thing stinks

Ashley is saving those in power from having to engineer another fiddle to avoid The Rangers going bust this time around and becoming The the rangers so why would they want to do anything other than sit about being important while the money men do what they like with Scottish football?

Scotlands newest club should be in no doubt about this one though, they have sold their soul (such as it was) to the devil - they don't even own their daft badge anymore. The Geordies were hoping Ashley was going to up sticks and move to Ibrox but he is into this one for the commercial value he can squeeze out of them alone - The seats on the board are not good news for the new boys either.

Wonder if Ibrox will be called the Sports Direct stadium or the Donnex Sports Socks arena? Could be better than Cheeky Charlies spell at the helm as he was only after some quick cash from share sales and an exit. Ashley can take what he wants.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    You get about £17m for a Scottish team in champs league. Newcastle got £77m from TV from prem league last year.
    Indeed, he has wrung as much value as he can out of Newcastle and the rangers are another branding and marketing opportunity with a pretty good return on his loans being there potentially as well.

Green was an amateur compared to Ashley - let the fun begin.
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 26-10-2014 at 10:50 AM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    How much do English teams get from the Champions League?

How do Newcastle do financially? I believe most English clubs struggle in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    How do Newcastle do financially? I believe most English clubs struggle in that respect.
    NUFC now seem to doing ok financially. However, Ashley had to sink a lot of money to stabilise the situation after he bought the club, and had no takers when he tried to get his money back by selling it. Obviously relegation would hurt them.

Weird club - massive support, but little sense that they will ever achieve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    NUFC now seem to doing ok financially. However, Ashley had to sink a lot of money to stabilise the situation after he bought the club, and had no takers when he tried to get his money back by selling it. Obviously relegation would hurt them.

Weird club - massive support, but little sense that they will ever achieve anything.
    does that make us a weird club too then?

Heard it said down here that their fans never get the owners they deserve.

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    does that make us a weird club too then?
    Er no, it means what I said. Mind you, a lot of non-Hibs look at us and can't understand how we have under achieved so badly.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    David Low (@Heavidor)
    27/10/2014 09:28
    The Ashley Loan announcement. londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/…

David Low (@Heavidor)
    27/10/2014 09:37
    RFC needs at least 15m plus substantial cost cuts in January. A New CEO should be in place before the year end to carry this out in January.

David Low (@Heavidor)
    27/10/2014 09:33
    It looks like a big RIFC share issue coming down the line.

David Low (@Heavidor)
    27/10/2014 09:41
    All the silly billies that follow follow RFC better get with the programme or into or they'll be in their third club in three years.

Rangers will be struggling in the play offs. This new deal with Ashley needs repaid by April (that's £2million!!!) And that money he has given will only pay staff up until Christmas. Jesus, Wallace will get 20% of that for being sacked this weekend. Expect the rangers to sell Lee Wallace, McLean and free 4/5 others in Jan. David Lowe has confirmed on twitter this morning that they will need a further £15m in January as well as severe cost cuts. They're doomed

Quote Originally Posted by TowerHibs View Post
    Rangers will be struggling in the play offs. This new deal with Ashley needs repaid by April (that's £2million!!!) And that money he has given will only pay staff up until Christmas. Jesus, Wallace will get 20% of that for being sacked this weekend. Expect the rangers to sell Lee Wallace, McLean and free 4/5 others in Jan. David Lowe has confirmed on twitter this morning that they will need a further £15m in January as well as severe cost cuts. They're doomed
    Looks like Ashley has effectively paid £2million to get that car park and other property that the fans were up in arms about awhile back. Since when they fail to pay him back he'll call in his security.

Presumably setting himself up for a nice little earner from The The Rangers having to pay him to use these facilities, their badge, their kit etc...

Quote Originally Posted by TowerHibs View Post
    The more you read about it, Ashley has Der Hun over a barrel. This £2m loan from Mash is a short term fix... once he's got his own people on the Board he can structure a new deal that suits him.

Wallace had to go for allowing the company to get into such a perilous position again.

I don't think they are doomed though, and I don't think Ashley's arrival is good news for us.

The more you read about it, Ashley has Der Hun over a barrel. This £2m loan from Mash is a short term fix... once he's got his own people on the Board he can structure a new deal that suits him.

Wallace had to go for allowing the company to get into such a perilous position again.

I don't think they are doomed though, and I don't think Ashley's arrival is good news for us.
    Only if his plan was to be in the top league next year I'd say.

If its only about money his best return may not be football success related.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Heard it said down here that their fans never get the owners they deserve.

The owners that lot deserve

Pol Pott would just about do for me.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Now that Ashley is really in charge, will he face any conflict of interest investigation because of Newcastle?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Only if his plan was to be in the top league next year I'd say.

If its only about money his best return may not be football success related.
    Of course it's only about money! Ashley won't even pretend to be one of them. Surely that means back in the top division so they can get those sectarian carnivals going again?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Now that Ashley is really in charge, will he face any conflict of interest investigation because of Newcastle?

This is The Rangers... Rules don't apply to them.

I think you're right.

If Ashley wants control of Rangers he'll get it one way or another. He wanted rid of two directors and he's got it.
    Also think David Low is missing the point about Ashley. Newcastle fans don't like him but he did plough millions of his own money into them to keep them going. He'll do the same at Rangers cos like it or not that brand shifts "product" that he will have exclusive rights to flog in his shops.

Of course it's only about money! Ashley won't even pretend to be one of them. Surely that means back in the top division so they can get those sectarian carnivals going again?
    I know what you're saying and you're probably right. But for them to compete in the top league they went bust, jeez they've just about gone bust competing in the lower leagues!

Their assests must be worth a few bob though.
    Space to let

There is no way Ashley will let them go into admin. He has to protect those contracts.
    There's also a good chance that McCoist will get the bullet.
    Their chances of winning the league have increased.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    There is no way Ashley will let them go into admin. He has to protect those contracts.
    There's also a good chance that McCoist will get the bullet.
    Their chances of winning the league have increased.
    Seen on FB this morning Fat Swally was away for a meeting this morning, supposedly about his future, might be true, probably not.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    If Ashley puts up with Pardew then that could be a source of comfort for Swally.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    This is The Rangers... Rules don't apply to them.
    There are no rules against Ashley owning both. The 10% thing was a 'gentlemans agreement' with the SFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    If Ashley puts up with Pardew then that could be a source of comfort for Swally.
    No comfort here I'm afraid.

Pardew is a fairly cheap option who doesn't object to a squad full of imports on relatively low wages who can all be sold if the right offer comes in.

Swally is an overpaid loser who has burned millions on an over-paid squad who have no intention of giving up their contracts and will sit it out as long as possible.

I'll confess and admit I'm not up to speed on the farce that is Sevco. How much longer is this circus going to continue?

Bottom line. Can anyone shed any light on whether or not Ashley increasing his shareholding at the Ibrox club means they are any safer from going into administration again? Thanks.

[QUOTE=emerald green;4209628
    Bottom line. Can anyone shed any light on whether or not Ashley increasing his shareholding at the Ibrox club means they are any safer from going into administration again? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It may be that he intends to increase his shareholding, but he hasn't done so in the last few days, just given them a loan which tides them over until they can work out how to raise enough fresh cash to reach the end of the season. That may involve a further share issue which Ashley takes up in part or in total, but we haven't got any official news so far.

Some news outlets are making out that everything's now settled at Ibrox, but that's not necessarily true. Whether they go into administration again depends on who would benefit from it.

The people no-one's talking about are Laxey. They're still the biggest individual shareholder, and bought new shares during the recent issue. They must believe that there's a way for Rangers to turn a profit, but they haven't announced what the plan is. Could they sell the football club to King while retaining Ibrox in the holding company and charging rent while Ashley creams off all the kit and imaging money?