hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 817 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 3177177678078158168178188198278679171317 ... LastLast
Results 24,481 to 24,510 of 44390
    Don't like the look of Kennedy. He's a bit of a corner boy I reckon.

I'm seldom wrong.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, did we miss a trick when Farmer wouldn't sell to Kennedy? I'd love to hear from any of the large number of fans who thought he was our saviour in 1998.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. Rolls View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, did we miss a trick when Farmer wouldn't sell to Kennedy? I'd love to hear from any of the large number of fans who thought he was our saviour in 1998.
    No trick was missed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Fun as it is I'm not sure it's a great thing for Hibs if they were to go into admin again. They've got a better chance of catching hearts than we do and I'd fancy our chances in a 2 leg play off more against hearts than I would the rangers.

Them going to admin would go a fair way to gifting hearts the title imo.
    If they went into admin again, would they not be docked 25 points? If that happened there is every likelihood they would miss out on a play-off spot. Surely that's a scenario that suits us.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    If they went into admin again, would they not be docked 25 points? If that happened there is every likelihood they would miss out on a play-off spot. Surely that's a scenario that suits us.
    Imo they'd still make the play offs comfortably.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Phil MacG has been all over this for weeks and has imo, again, , got more of an insight on it than the MSM......

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/she...pen/#more-5249

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Imo they'd still make the play offs comfortably.
    Depends what players they had to get rid of.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    I'm not discounting the possibility that Dave King is a fantasist.

Maybe they now need to give Mike Ashley whatever he wants to stave off administration.

Where's Brian Kennedy? Is it time for Mr Quantum to put his 'consortium' back together?
    Im not discounting the possibility that he's a fantasy. There seems to be only one piece of footage of him in existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Phil MacG has been all over this for weeks and has imo, again, , got more of an insight on it than the MSM......

yeah, but he is a bigoted **** stirring nob.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    I'm no expert on all this stuff, but that might just see them through until the end of the season without going into administration. Time will tell.
    That's what I think ,they would rather just cobble things together in the short term to get them to the end of the season , when they are assuming they will then shift all Thier season tickets on back of playing Celtic again and Sponsers will be flocking back .
    What I stuggle to get my head round is the way it's just accepted that they have been allowed to overspend in the way they have and get themselves into this mess ,as the SFA are so blatantly desperate to get them back into the top flight .The Easdales will do whatever it takes to still be in power as they know when they are back in top flight ,it's pathetic to watch .

@hibs.net private member semaj64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    That's what I think ,they would rather just cobble things together in the short term to get them to the end of the season , when they are assuming they will then shift all Thier season tickets on back of playing Celtic again and Sponsers will be flocking back .
    What I stuggle to get my head round is the way it's just accepted that they have been allowed to overspend in the way they have and get themselves into this mess ,as the SFA are so blatantly desperate to get them back into the top flight .The Easdales will do whatever it takes to still be in power as they know when they are back in top flight ,it's pathetic to watch .
    Totally agree, sounds like they will just overspend to get through, bump all the debts again and start afresh, Only the Ashleys. Kennedy's etc of this world will make cash out of this. Seems to be no rules/laws against this behaviour. Authorities quite happy to allow this Fair Financial play. Fantastic if they did not get up

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. Rolls View Post
    You're not paying attention. It's essential that Farmer sells and irrelevant who he sells to.

If only he'd taken advantage of Kennedy's generosity back then we could be renting at Almondvale whilst Edinburgh Rugby play at Easter Road and that has to be a good thing because we wouldn't be owned by Farmer and have his conduit pulling the strings behind the scenes.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Looks like Ashley is going to be the new Ibrox ( sorry Sports Direct Stadium ) king-pin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29761396

I wonder if our football chiefs will have anything to say about his duel ownership issues.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Looks like Ashley is going to be the new Ibrox ( sorry Sports Direct Stadium ) king-pin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29761396

I wonder if our football chiefs will have anything to say about his duel ownership issues.
    'The SFA and SPFL would like to once again remind concerned parties that it is well established that the rules do not apply to Rangers in the same way they do to everyone else.'
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    No trick was missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    You're not paying attention. It's essential that Farmer sells and irrelevant who he sells to.

If only he'd taken advantage of Kennedy's generosity back then we could be renting at Almondvale whilst Edinburgh Rugby play at Easter Road and that has to be a good thing because we wouldn't be owned by Farmer and have his conduit pulling the strings behind the scenes.
    But, there was people talking about him taking over at ER in the summer. Hey, what if they don't know about him trying to buy us, then destroying Stockport County, maybe we should warn them.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    'The SFA and SPFL would like to once again remind concerned parties that it is well established that the rules do not apply to Rangers in the same way they do to everyone else.'

The Bears are already on it.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/ranger...hip.1412888034

Mind you if Ashley promises millions and says FTP a couple of times , he'll be accepted with open arms.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Sounds like turmoil continues at Greyskull. I think I might have heard on the news at 6 o'clock that a board meeting was currently taking place.

Did I hear correctly that they could be struggling to meet the November payroll?
    I think the robbing Peter to pay Paul springs to mind at Ibrox just now,what a mess.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    The Bears are already on it.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/ranger...hip.1412888034

Mind you if Ashley promises millions and says FTP a couple of times , he'll be accepted with open arms.
    Hilarious. Considering their current situation, Ashley is offering a lifeline. Of course he probably just wants to make money out of the club, but so does everyone else.

Yet another example should we need it of the case for clubs owned by their communities rather than the profiteers. Big business is ripping the heart out of clubs while the Scottish Government stands idly by.

Ever since the first bond launch those Rangers fans have ploughed cash into their club only to see it end up lining the pockets of directors.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

My daughters guinea pigs have more insight into this story than the MSM...

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    SEVCO and Kennedy sound like a perfect match.

I got speaking to a few Stockport County fans a few weeks ago and he's basically eked every last dime out of that club - and moved their ground into personal ownership.

Kennedy is no football fan, that is for sure.
    agree:" Not to be trusted" was what was said to me by S C fan earlier this year

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Yet another example should we need it of the case for clubs owned by their communities rather than the profiteers. Big business is ripping the heart out of clubs while the Scottish Government stands idly by.

Ever since the first bond launch those Rangers fans have ploughed cash into their club only to see it end up lining the pockets of directors.
    The Scottish Govt has no control over industrial policy or business.
    That's Westminster's job. You'll be glad of that, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

Very droll. I must have missed the campaign to bring Brian Kennedy to ER.

I was only joking about him resurfacing again... seems even Der Hun aren't dumb enough to fall for his patter, and these are Ra Peepul who ended up with Craig Whyte.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My daughters guinea pigs have more insight into this story than the MSM...
    What are they saying likes?

Ashley owns shares in Rangers (8 or 9%), has stadium naming rights, controls retail merchandise sales, is putting two place men on the Board, lends them £2Mill, will underwrite a share issue, (all according to reports) yet owns 100% of Newcastle United!!! I thought there were rules in place to stop this happening. What is going on in the corridors of power in Scottish football while all this is going on?

The whole thing stinks

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Ashley owns shares in Rangers (8 or 9%), has stadium naming rights, controls retail merchandise sales, is putting two place men on the Board, lends them £2Mill, will underwrite a share issue, (all according to reports) yet owns 100% of Newcastle United!!! I thought there were rules in place to stop this happening. What is going on in the corridors of power in Scottish football while all this is going on?

The whole thing stinks
    He isn't allowed to have more than a 9% shareholding in another side... Hence why he can't keep ploughing money in for shares... He doesn't have control over stadium name and merchandising stores, his company does... This is how he manages to get away with this I'm afraid!

@hibs.net private member Jim Herriot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    That's a shame because, among other things, there's a potential 25 point penalty looming if they can't reach an agreement and go into Administration.

Even aside from the fun of watching it, that part could well benefit Hibs.

p.s. You care so little that you took the time to post on here telling us just that
    Wouldn't it be sweet to see The rangers relegated to the third tier?

Or would it be The The rangers applying to join the fourth tier? That would be even sweeter.

Sweetest of all would be Spartans beating TTRFC for admission. How does a new club enter the Lowland league?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    "First they came for Rangers, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a [insert expletive]
    Next they came for the Rangers, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a [insert expletive]...."

thats it actually ;)

"We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post

The whole thing stinks
    He's not supposed to have any board room influence either, which is clearly laughable. Tbf to Ashley, he is simply exploiting the rules in the same way as others have done - Chelsea and Vitesse Arnheim being one example. He's rich and fearless and won't let the SFA get in his way.

Given his troubled relationship with the Toon fans, he won't give a toss about any reaction from the Hordes either, unless they really do stop buying the merch. I reckon the Govan branch of Sports Direct will do just fine.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    He's not supposed to have any board room influence either, which is clearly laughable. Tbf to Ashley, he is simply exploiting the rules in the same way as others have done - Chelsea and Vitesse Arnheim being one example. He's rich and fearless and won't let the SFA get in his way.

Given his troubled relationship with the Toon fans, he won't give a toss about any reaction from the Hordes either, unless they really do stop buying the merch. I reckon the Govan branch of Sports Direct will do just fine.
    He thinks Sevco will give him Champions League football quicker than Newcastle. Little does he know that a resurgent Hibs will be challenging Celtic for that spot and not the Mozilo men.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post

Were it any other club's supporters, I'd sympathise - but them .........................................