hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 744 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 2446446947347427437447457467547948441244 ... LastLast
Results 22,291 to 22,320 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    T'Rangers International have only been going a year, we shouldn't expect them not to lose at home to a team like Annan that have 70 years of tradition behind them.
    fair comment. however i'm extremely interested in the anti sectarian comments from Green. message to him has to be: ye can take the man oot o' the premier league, but ye cannae take simpleton,square heid hun, sectarian born and will die as such.............oot o' the man

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    fair comment. however i'm extremely interested in the anti sectarian comments from Green. message to him has to be: ye can take the man oot o' the premier league, but ye cannae take simpleton,square heid hun, sectarian born and will die as such.............oot o' the man
    The man is an absolute joke just like club he represents
    Many have tried before to halt the bile that comes from their mouths
    It's bred into them the hatred for anything other than hun.These people unfortunately will not be silenced.
    How the hell does he intend to impliment these threats of banning everyone.48,000 of them every 2nd week singing absolute bile

Theres more chance of Mr Green being offered the white smoke and the job as pope as him finishing sectarianism through west.

Any talk of banning the bigots (basically their whole support)will just be to make the english more welcoming of them to their league. Green chasing the money again

Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    Any talk of banning the bigots (basically their whole support)will just be to make the english more welcoming of them to their league. Green chasing the money again
    I know a lot of Rangers fans who despair at those cretins amongst them who carry on with the bigoted stuff. If we tar every Rangers fan with the same brush we will get nowhere, we should be reaching out to the sizeable number of decent fitba fans amongst them.
    Green has probably only just realised what the bigotry thing is all about, I don't think he fully understood it when he arrived. Whatever his motivation is at least he is making the right noises now. he can only be judged on his actions though, here'e hoping he means it.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I know a lot of Rangers fans who despair at those cretins amongst them who carry on with the bigoted stuff. If we tar every Rangers fan with the same brush we will get nowhere, we should be reaching out to the sizeable number of decent fitba fans amongst them.
    Green has probably only just realised what the bigotry thing is all about, I don't think he fully understood it when he arrived. Whatever his motivation is at least he is making the right noises now. he can only be judged on his actions though, here'e hoping he means it.
    It depends what you mean by 'sizeable number'. Certainly if you look at their away support at ER, the majority are either bigots or go along with bigoted singing because they see it as winding us up, ''banter' or their cultural expression.

Reaching out to the apocryphal 'nice' section is a waste of time.

While I've no doubt there are plenty decent tolerant Sevco fans, I'm afraid their bigotry/racism/traditions are so widespread and ingrained that there is only one solution.

Scotland has been trying and failing to get to grips with their intolerant triumphalism for long enough, and in my opinion nothing less than Chuckie dragging them into oblivion will sort that.

They're losing a million notes per month, and while they claim to be cash rich with 22 million in the bank after the share issue, I'm not sure Green is going to piss that up against the wall attempting to satisfy the orcs need to have a team on the park winning by four goals every game against whatever opposition, in whatever league.

Anything less than Green bleeding them dry then leading them into liquidation again, thus relieving us all of having a meeting place for 40 odd thousand sociopaths in our country ever again won't be enough for me.

Sevco and their fans are a social cancer we could do without.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    It depends what you mean by 'sizeable number'. Certainly if you look at their away support at ER, the majority are either bigots or go along with bigoted singing because they see it as winding us up, ''banter' or their cultural expression.

Reaching out to the apocryphal 'nice' section is a waste of time.
    Dismissing the decent support totally will only reinforce a siege like mentality. Nobody like us we don't care.
    A large number of our support justified the Skacel song as just banter to wind the opposition up with yet it was seen as racist by many outside the club, (and a lot of our won supporters.) It wasn't booed down so, by your logic, are we all racists? (The Skacel song has just been used as an example, I have no in tention of turning this in to a debate on it's merits or otherwise. )
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I thought they didn't do walking away
    I agree about the decent servco supporters, but they have done nothing to help the situation over the years! So if they don't like being tarred by the same brush, then that is their problem.

On another note......I see that the servco fans are threatening to boycott all the away games next season if the 12-12-18 proposal gets voted in

Quote Originally Posted by Born Leader View Post
    On another note......I see that the servco fans are threatening to boycott all the away games next season if the 12-12-18 proposal gets voted in
    Anything that pisses them off and helps erode their new club is good in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by green glory View Post
    Anything that pisses them off and helps erode their new club is good in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Through my experince the decent fans are few and far between. I know 2, one couldnt tell you where ibrox is and the others a catholic . I know plenty others who are sound but it doesnt take much for their bigoted views to appear.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    “@scotzine: Kevin Kyle has left Rangers by mutual consent”

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Finally we have some clarity and the endgame is in sight for the real reason reconstruction is being discussed...........

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headli...reconstruction

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Finally we have some clarity and the endgame is in sight for the real reason reconstruction is being discussed...........

So Green wants the leagues developed so his reserves play in a better quality set up, to their benefit? "The good of Scottish football" my hairy @rse

He is a loathsome, repugnant fud of the highest water, and his club deserve to disappear.

So he's proposing bribing clubs to accept his proposals. Cheating ***** as always.

Tango Man's weekend revelations about the relationship between DUFC's Gavin Masterton and Murray are worth closer inspection. Aside from the fact Murray was using Dunfermline as a Rangers proxy, according to Tango Man, it illustrates the cosy set up that the then Bank of Scotland head of corporate lending, Masterton, had with Murray. A cosy set up that saw his businesses, including RFC, forwarded circa £800m in depositors money. Indeed, if you want to know where Murray got £12m for Tore Andre Flo and then underwrote £50m of debt with worthless shares in 01 then look no further. Meanwhile, Lord Nimmo says no sporting advantage in hiding £50m of secret payments from the SFA Scotland, the banana republic as Channel 4 journalist Alex Thomson accurately put it, and a 'horror story' as the Halifax discovered on examining the SDM corporate account. Meanwhile the Sevco tribute act want in the first division next year, don't count on it not happening. Scotland, a country run by a goverment of the peepul, by ra peepul, for ra peepul.
    Last edited by LeighLoyal; 18-03-2013 at 06:59 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Is he right about Stranraer being promoted during the last reconstruction? That would seem to set a precedent if true.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Is he right about Stranraer being promoted during the last reconstruction? That would seem to set a precedent if true.
    Let's not lose focus. Third Lanark is the relevant precedent to bear in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Stranraer went 3rd tier to 2nd as the leagues went from 12-12-14 to 10-10-10-10.

Sevco want to go 4th tier to 2nd.

No precedent for a 2 tier jump. They are getting promoted, it's just that the rest of div 3 is going with them.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Stranraer went 3rd tier to 2nd as the leagues went from 12-12-14 to 10-10-10-10.

Sevco want to go 4th tier to 2nd.

No precedent for a 2 tier jump. They are getting promoted, it's just that the rest of div 3 is going with them.
    And they will get their first trophy, surely that will be enough.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    And they will get their first trophy, surely that will be enough.
    I thought they were due to win 4 comps this season

@hibs.net private member

Simply must not happen. Scottish football has already plunged too deeply in to the corrupt pool. This would be the last straw for many and the final nail in the coffin of Scottish football. But then that is exactly what Green wants IMHO

Charles Green and sporting integrity

Charlie reckons his brand new football club should be promoted to the 2nd tier and quoted "sporting integrity" as the reason.

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football...reen-1-2844083

For a club less than a year old I can't stop myself hating them, even more so than our maroon neighbours.

Tell them to get lost, that would mean they will be back in the top tier within 1 season where it should have been at least 2 in the old set up.

They cheated for years and years to get ahead, threw the whole of Scottish football into disrepute, carried out their business in a corrupt unsporting manner yet they still expect to be given special treatment. This arrogance of their "we are The Rangers football club, Scottish football has to bow to us" attitude clearly never died with their old club. Same old arrogant rangers!

Best bit is his ploy to help Dunfermline, what happens if one of the now division 2 clubs went under, would he want rangers relegated so they could help this club as well? His guarantee of 300 away gate receipts is tosh as well as rangers take well more than 300... Tube!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I just don't get his argument.

Rangers will win the 3rd Division and join the 2nd Division, which the lower clubs will form part of the new third tier.

It is a valid question, how the remaining 2 sides are decided (once automatic promotion/relegation has been dealt with). If the clubs destined to be relegated from the 1st Division are to be "saved" then I partially agree with Charles Green - this isn't right. However, I draw the line there and definitely don't agree that The Rangers should automatically be benefactors.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

The myth of the "Stranraer precedent".

In 1994 Stranraer went from the 3rd tier to the 2nd tier.

Chuckles wants to go from the 4th tier to the 2nd tier.

Aye right.

Left by mutual consent!
    Charles Green and integrity Never mind integrity, how the **** did that clown pass the SFA's so called fit and proper persons test, that must be some sort of joke.**** off Green ya ****in' roaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Charles Green and integrity Never mind integrity, how the **** did that clown pass the SFA's so called fit and proper persons test, that must be some sort of joke.**** off Green ya ****in' roaster.