hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 739 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 2396396897297377387397407417497898391239 ... LastLast
Results 22,141 to 22,170 of 44390
    3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except it wasn't innocent - it was fraud.
    I agree with that - it was far from innocent. They knowingly withheld the information.

Surely the fact that it was an admin error makes them ineligible to play.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    (6) Rangers FC did not gain any unfair competitive advantage from the contraventions of the SPL Rules in failing to make proper disclosure of the side-letter arrangements, nor did the non-disclosure have the effect that any of the registered players were ineligible to play, and for this and other reasons no sporting sanction or penalty should be imposed upon Rangers FC;

I think we all know what those other reasons were **offers funny handshake**

Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    I agree with that - it was far from innocent. They knowingly withheld the information.

Surely the fact that it was an admin error makes them ineligible to play.

I beleive the SPL have to vote to accept this ludicrous Brother Nimmo outcome. Anybody clarify this?

I'm not a lord but basic financial knowledge tells me that if you pay through a vehicle that means you pay less tax and hide it you have more money to purchase other players you wouldn't otherwise be able to afford you gain an advantage on two fronts because you have two players instead of one.

Also breaching the rules by not disclosing them.

It's all just a ploy so they don't lose their world record and keep the orcs from going mental.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by dan sarf View Post
    (6) Rangers FC did not gain any unfair competitive advantage from the contraventions of the SPL Rules in failing to make proper disclosure of the side-letter arrangements, nor did the non-disclosure have the effect that any of the registered players were ineligible to play, and for this and other reasons no sporting sanction or penalty should be imposed upon Rangers FC;

I think we all know what those other reasons were **offers funny handshake**
    <------ Just like that one

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Quite incredible.

Rangers oldco has been fined £250,000 by an independent commission investigating allegations of failing to correctly register players. Full details of the judgement are to be published at noon, but it had earlier emerged that Rangers would not be stripped of league titles.

"The judgement states that side letters should have been disclosed, but oldco management failed to do this. But the commission found no unfair competitive advantage was gained on the field. Non-disclosure had effect of rendering all the registered players ineligible, so a fine was imposed for an administrative error.

"Rangers won the league five times in the period under investigation 2001-2011, in 2003, 2005, 2009, 2010 and 2011."

This bit is incredible how are they calling it an administrative error when it was failure to disclose payments which render the players ineligible. How they can say they gained no competitive advantage makes no logical sense whatsoever. Quite unbelievable.
    In contrast, noted this story yesterday:

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-ev...rror-1-2811747

Impossible to fathom today's decision without considering corruption.
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    So Spartans can get thrown out of the Cup for fielding a player ineligible because his registration lacked a second signature but the Huns get to keep league titles gained through years of fielding payers ineligible because they were getting huge extra off the books payments in the name of aggressive tax avoidance?

Welcome to Scottish football - where the rules* are applied with a great big dose of fear and a massive dollop of favour.

* just as soon as we've made them up.
    Indeed.

One club gets eliminated from a competition for an administrative error affecting a single player in a single match.

A second club gets fined £250,000. If you divide that by the number of games played by ineligible players over the period, it probably works out at about £20 per player per match.

So - elimination from a competition, or a £20 fine, for the same offence. And yet people say Scottish Fitba's corrupt!
    Last edited by lapsedhibee; 28-02-2013 at 11:22 AM.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    ****ing Joke.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    http://fspeirs.wordpress.com/2012/07...-their-titles/

So, if you don't declare the side letters (contracts) then the player registration is invalid, leading the player ineligible to play.

Admin error or not, it wasn't a one off.
    Who was in charge of player registrations?
    Was it the same person over the period?
    Did they have prior experience of registering players?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reallapsedhibee View Post
    Indeed.

One club gets eliminated from a competition for an administrative error affecting a single player in a single match.

A second club gets fined £250,000. If you divide that by the number of games played by ineligible players over the period, it probably works out at about £20 per player per match.

So - elimination from a competition, or a £20 fine, for the same offence. And yet people say Scottish Fitba's corrupt!
    The final payment will be much less than that. If the liquidator accepts the debt, then it will be paid at xpence in the £.

From the SPL Rules...

D1.13 A Club must, as a condition of Registration and for a Player to be eligible to Play in Official Matches, deliver the executed originals of all Contracts of Service and amendments and/or extensions to Contracts of Service and all other agreements providing for payment, other than for reimbursement of expenses actually incurred, between that Club and Player, to the Secretary, within fourteen days of such Contract of Service or other agreement being entered into, amended and/or, as the case may be, extended.

Who pays the fine?

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The final payment will be much less than that. If the liquidator accepts the debt, then it will be paid at xpence in the £.
    Ok then call it fourpence, against being thrown out of a competition. Farquing outrageous!

Quote Originally Posted by carnoustiehibee View Post
    Who pays the fine?
    It comes out of the proceeds of the liquidation.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Scottish Football is dead! Today seen the final nail being hammered in with integrity burned, buried, scattered and delivered to all those who brought the game into disrepute!

Is it worth it any more? No! I hope all club chairman recognise the seriousness of today's outcome!

I'm not sure about the references to Rangers, oldco and newco. He seems to imply that they were Rangers oldco and are now Rangers newco, in some way suggesting a continuity which we keep hearing about from their supporters. If he is stating that there was a line drawn in the sand which means Rangers won 54 titles, ceased to exist as a football club and can not add to that total, that's fine with me. If Green's Rangers insist that there is some form of continuity the SPL should demand immediate payment of the £250,000 fine and HMRC should fire off a letter requesting prompt payment of the huge sums outstanding.

Left by mutual consent!
    And tae think somebody suggested tae me on the yams cup thread that there is nae corruption in Scottish fitba. These ***** are that twisted they couldnae lie straight in bed.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    (6) Rangers FC did not gain any unfair competitive advantage from the contraventions of the SPL Rules in failing to make proper disclosure of the side-letter arrangements, nor did the non-disclosure have the effect that any of the registered players were ineligible to play, and for this and other reasons no sporting sanction or penalty should be imposed upon Rangers FC;I think we all know what those other reasons were **offers funny handshake**
    Nimmo Smith - Hun or Goat molester.Or both? Discuss.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I'm not sure about the references to Rangers, oldco and newco. He seems to imply that they were Rangers oldco and are now Rangers newco, in some way suggesting a continuity which we keep hearing about from their supporters. If he is stating that there was a line drawn in the sand which means Rangers won 54 titles, ceased to exist as a football club and can not add to that total, that's fine with me. If Green's Rangers insist that there is some form of continuity the SPL should demand immediate payment of the £250,000 fine and HMRC should fire off a letter requesting prompt payment of the huge sums outstanding.
    IMO, he is not saying anything about continuity or otherwise. Neither should he be, since that wasn't his remit.

He has decided that OldCo broke the rules. He has decided that NewCo didn't.

That's it, as far as his responsibilities are concerned.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    says it all for me, I'm completely disgusted by the people who run Scottish football.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    <------ Just like that one
    Sorry, Lucius, don't get it. Please enlighten.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Sorry, Lucius, don't get it. Please enlighten.
    I cannae, its a secret.

@hibs.net private member rubber mal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    I guess what they're saying is that if the side letters had been disclosed then it would have been ok and not against the rules. In its simplest and most innocent form, it was an admin error.
    But having dual contracts is against the rules though. What they're saying is that it's OK to break them (if you're Rangers).

Absolute disgrace.
    It may all end tomorrow, or it could go on forever.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber mal View Post
    But having dual contracts is against the rules though. What they're saying is that it's OK to break them (if you're Rangers).

Absolute disgrace.
    No they're not. They have found them guilty of breaking the rules.

It's the punishment that is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    I cannae, its a secret.
    Don't want to know anyway.

What now for Scottish Football?

The last year has established the football governing authorities in Scotland are simply not up to the task. Without raking over all the detail again, I think it's fair to say everyone has to take stock after today's SPL enquiry findings.

Guilt was established but the punishment embarrassingly lenient. 250k fine for a company now in liquidation.

Rangers in whatever form are clearly untouchable, when you consider the punishments doled out to amateur and pitifully boys clubs for rule transgressions.

A way has to be found for football in this country to leave the SFA, the SPL and The Rangers behind.

First Team Breakthrough
    The Russian oil magnates are already greasing the UEFA wheel for cross-national leagues we will soon become a part of something like this.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Don't want to know anyway.
    Good.

Today is insult to injury but Scottish football's death as a sporting competition was confirmed last year. The SFA/SPL pursued a strategy that said nobody must ever question or threaten the Old Firm duopoly and even if one of them mismanages itself to actual extinction we will rewrite, reinterpret or just ignore our rules as necessary to pretend they haven't and ensure that their franchise is filled going forward.

We have about as much right to call ourselves a sport as wrestling now.

Going forward? I would go cap in hand to the English and UEFA and beg them to include us in their pyramid with the SPL replaced by League 1 North. I think Hibs have the infrastructure and support base to get to the Championship now and the long term potential to be Edinburgh's premiership club.

European football is poised to move to supranational leagues to support the ambitions of the big clubs in small countries, possibly with a pan-European top level to replace the CL and support the ambitions of the big clubs in big countries. We should be at the forefront of this change or our lingering decline will go on and on.

Totally disgusted at the corruption in Scottish Football. That's me finnished with it for good.