hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 65 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667751151655651065 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I dunno about you, but that has certainly changed my mind.
    I'm 50-50

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    'Protestant Scotland's last hope' is the lament I have just read on a Rangers forum. Rangers must survive in order to ensure Scotland doesn't become a slave of the Vatican, apparently, and the Labour part are complicit in this plot. In the twenty-first century, that folks, is the mentality we are dealing with. The possible loss of their football club isn't the main concern, it's mis-informed religious nonsense that so often manifests itself. And they are incredulous that the rest of the country is keenly awaiting their demise.
    Aye but then they're no in 21st century Scotland, they're still in 17th

I welcome their demise
    Last edited by Saorsa; 02-03-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    'Protestant Scotland's last hope' is the lament I have just read on a Rangers forum. Rangers must survive in order to ensure Scotland doesn't become a slave of the Vatican, apparently, and the Labour part are complicit in this plot. In the twenty-first century, that folks, is the mentality we are dealing with. The possible loss of their football club isn't the main concern, it's mis-informed religious nonsense that so often manifests itself. And they are incredulous that the rest of the country is keenly awaiting their demise.
    Says little for the Church of Scotland, that the Protestant faith is having to rely on a discredited football club to carry the torch. At times of dilemma like this, I tend to find myself asking - what wpuld Mason Boyne do?

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Aye but then they're no in 21st century Scotland, they're still in 17th

I welcome their demise
    Exactly. Bigoted dinosaurs. It beggars belief.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Exactly. Bigoted dinosaurs. It beggars belief.
    If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it -

I can understand what most of you are saying and have indeed felt that way at time times. What I would say to you is this.

The Rangers Football Club, as you know is more than just a club. At one point it represented the Protestant community in Scotland and still does for the most part. The Tarriers hate this.

If Rangers, the company dies, Rangers the club will live on in a new form. That club will still represent the Protestant community in Scotland. The Tarriers will hate this but also fear and envy this. We must not desert Rangers for if we do, we desert the other Bluenoses we know and Scotland will be left to 'them'.

A new Rangers can be 'our Rangers'. The Gallant men who formed the club in the first place would at first probably be amazed, then appalled that it has come to this. However, I believe that they would be proud that the club would be taken into the hands of those who love it most, just like those young men. They will hate this.

Rangers must survive in some form but more importantly, the people who currently support the club must hold firm and stick together. That is the strong point. It is 'us' they hate and by killing Rangers they think that if they kill the focal point then we will disappear. We will not. Never. They will hate this.

If the worst scenario happens and the company that is The Rangers is liquidated, we come back and our aim is to make sure that they not only remain the second most successful club in Scotland but become the third most successful. The Rangers will be the most successful for a long time yet.

Left by mutual consent!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Wash your mouth out with soap young man.
    I'd have to!

Coaching Staff

I can understand what most of you are saying and have indeed felt that way at time times. What I would say to you is this.

The Rangers Football Club, as you know is more than just a club. At one point it represented the Protestant community in Scotland and still does for the most part. The Tarriers hate this.

If Rangers, the company dies, Rangers the club will live on in a new form. That club will still represent the Protestant community in Scotland. The Tarriers will hate this but also fear and envy this. We must not desert Rangers for if we do, we desert the other Bluenoses we know and Scotland will be left to 'them'.

A new Rangers can be 'our Rangers'. The Gallant men who formed the club in the first place would at first probably be amazed, then appalled that it has come to this. However, I believe that they would be proud that the club would be taken into the hands of those who love it most, just like those young men. They will hate this.

Rangers must survive in some form but more importantly, the people who currently support the club must hold firm and stick together. That is the strong point. It is 'us' they hate and by killing Rangers they think that if they kill the focal point then we will disappear. We will not. Never. They will hate this.

If the worst scenario happens and the company that is The Rangers is liquidated, we come back and our aim is to make sure that they not only remain the second most successful club in Scotland but become the third most successful. The Rangers will be the most successful for a long time yet.
    It is one worry that's being played out a bit. In times of stress the lowest denominator gets a chance to come to the fore. There is a real danger that any new Rangers would be an even worse version of all that was wrong with the previous one.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It is one worry that's being played out a bit. In times of stress the lowest denominator gets a chance to come to the fore. There is a real danger that any new Rangers would be an even worse version of all that was wrong with the previous one.
    You getting cold feet, boy?

I'd have to!
    I've got to agree Andy, I dinnae see the attraction either!

That is pure bile. I find it hard to understand why there are still people in this age who feel this way. The sad thing as well is that the writer has probably never set foot in a church other than for weddings or funerals. These people do not belong in 21st century Scotland.

A million a month to get to end of season. Surely the can be made up from wages? across the board reduction as has been quoted of 50%. Ally gonna work for free.

I wouldn't rule out deluded huns managing to cough it up between them.

It will be intersting to see who is prepared to give up what though and which high earners will be looking for free as a result of breach of contract come end of season

Rangers will make the end of the season but then I suspect the real fun will begin .

Craig Whyte surely is a Celtic fan in disguise or a modern day del boy.

Fun times

Watch the SFA save them though. There will be no relegation and the 11 majority vote will some how survive

Their antics have pandered to the lowest common denominator for 140 years and have caused problems ever since. Any new Rangers could only have a fraction of the strength of its the current set up. The days of their imagined supremacy are long since gone, so whilst they still occupy the 17th century the rest of the world has moved on without them. They remind me of the bigots in the American deep south who tried clinging to their social supremacy in the 1960s, only for the tide of change to sweep them away. They can't fight the tide of history.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Jeez Last hope or last chance of dragging the corpse over the line into the 20th Century just after the rest of the modern British football supporting community are charging into the 21st? Just die boys, or set up some other narrow minded institutions that you can maybe attend every match day when the rest of us are watching football. If enough of you have spare time on your hands you could maybe call it a lodge, or something like that.
    We'll do just fine without you and your like.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I've got to agree Andy, I dinnae see the attraction either!
    Have to say Sally Magnusson is a guilty pleasure for me at 6.30pm most nights. Incredible that she is 56yrs old!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Have to say Sally Magnusson is a guilty pleasure for me at 6.30pm most nights. Incredible that she is 56yrs old!!
    Spike, your love of MILF is moving the debate off track......

Any pics?

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Spike, your love of MILF is moving the debate off track......

Any pics?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Have to say I marginally prefer Desert Orchid, even allowing for the similarities.
    Attached Images Attached Images

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post

Ooooooohhhhhhh I've started so I'll finish ahhhhhhhhhh that's better!

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    They are answerable to the Court, as I understand it.

It as written in to the Share Purchase Agreement what Whyte had to do

I don't believe HMRC do deals for tax owing, certainly not PAYE/NIC/VAT - that is non-negotiable.

RFC1873 are goosed.

What we must ALL do is make such a noise that RFC2012 can NOT be admitted back to the SPL.

I, like you and a lot of other here are trying to guess the ins and outs of what this is all about and who owes what exactly, I suppose we'll just keep guessing till the administrators spill all the beans.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    Unlikely, given Ipox holds 51,000. Average is nearer 44,000 this season and you're assuming they would all turn up to watch a decimated team (if RFC survive, which seems increasingly unlikely), not in Europe, and knowing that their ST money is already spent...
    Didn't know exactly, just a guestimate

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Not so sure Ticketus would and that's maybe the angle here

I would have thought they were unsecured creditors who get ****pence in the £

Whyte buys the company out of admin and ends up with a company he could have paid £18m for for say £1m from the Administrators

Next years season ticket money comes back into the coffers

Revenue also get ****pence on the NI & PAYE and old Rangers are liquidated to be replaced by new Rangers

Ticketus wasn't mentioned, they get their money every year the fans pay their season tickets, their money's safe.

With the state of play at the huns even the most die hard fan would be mad to commit to a season ticket(especially if the cash goes to secured creditor Whyte?). So surely if no one buys a season then ticketus are screwed for getting their cash back??

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    With the state of play at the huns even the most die hard fan would be mad to commit to a season ticket(especially if the cash goes to secured creditor Whyte?). So surely if no one buys a season then ticketus are screwed for getting their cash back??
    Not too sure, but with them owning say thirty thousand st's the currants wouldn't be able to sell tickets for these seats. ,;)

With the threat of redundancies etc. postponed until next week, do you think that the PFA and players have been playing hardball? Presumably if D&P reduced wages without their agreement, the players can claim breach of contract and withdraw their services and RFC couldn't field a team. I assume there are significant financial penalties for them if that was to happen which is why D&P are playing nice with the players?

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    RFCG, the holding company, have a floating charge over all of RFC's assets. However, that charge is for monies owed to them. As far as I can see, RFC don't owe RFCG anything, so the charge is useless.
    As I've said before CWG, whether the charge is effective or not depends on the terms of the loans between RFC and RFCG and that would require sight of the loan and security documentation!

We're just going to have to wait till the Administrators have reviewed that and decided how to proceed thereafter!
    Last edited by TornadoHibby; 03-03-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    With the threat of redundancies etc. postponed until next week, do you think that the PFA and players have been playing hardball? Presumably if D&P reduced wages without their agreement, the players can claim breach of contract and withdraw their services and RFC couldn't field a team. I assume there are significant financial penalties for them if that was to happen which is why D&P are playing nice with the players?
    Option of breach of contract disappears with administration. "Don't like the wage reduction, no problem here's your p45." D&P will not (and more importantly cannot) be held to ransom by some truculent players.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    Option of breach of contract disappears with administration. "Don't like the wage reduction, no problem here's your p45." D&P will not (and more importantly cannot) be held to ransom by some truculent players.
    Truculent managers on the other hand..........
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    Ticketus wasn't mentioned, they get their money every year the fans pay their season tickets, their money's safe.
    Not if they're liquidated, right?

And even if they survive admin (somehow) the Hun can simply not by a ST and Ticketless get nothing...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote from todays Daily Express. "SFA Chief Executive Stewart Regan is confident the SFA's Independent Enquiry into the on-going problems at rangers will be brought to a close this week"

Assuming that is accurate, am I the only one that thinks this has been concluded with unseemly haste? After all we are getting fresh revelations and accusations made on a daily basis. Surely the SFA is not attempting to wind this up before the real dirty washing is on display. I am wondering whether in fact the enquiry should not have been conducted by UEFA so as to increase the likelihood of genuine independent comment and openness. Few would question the verdict and SFA/SPL would not be able to squirm out of the findings if they went against their beloved rangers.