hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 639 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 1395395896296376386396406416496897391139 ... LastLast
Results 19,141 to 19,170 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member
    Ally McCoist parking in disabled bay at Ibrox

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...6908-23912291/

Don't know if its just Green/Daily record bullsh*t but it seems the SFA are to set up a tribunal to overrule FIFA and force clubs to compensate the " People ".
    The report's a combination of inaccurate reporting and Green's spin. FIFA have given players provisional permission to transfer and play for their new clubs while their status is investigated. The SFA is to conduct an inquiry into the position. It hasn't been set up to assist Rangers claim and can (and imo should) decide that no transfer fee is payable. There's a query been raised about how football's regulations apply to the players who've left so due process has to be observed.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Assuming I haven't missed something, is the ownership of Ibrox et al still unclear?
    GG

@hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    Deano, Black, Beattie etc all being offered around £7k per week. Makes you sick that a club with all their financial difficulties and plying their trade in Div 3 can pay these amounts of money.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/inde...owtopic=232894

This is the best thread I think they've come up with on Rangers Media. Discussing the level of hatred in Scottish football,that us and the sheep are ****, that football should be competitive and fun and we've ruined that.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/inde...owtopic=232894

This is the best thread I think they've come up with on Rangers Media. Discussing the level of hatred in Scottish football,that us and the sheep are ****, that football should be competitive and fun and we've ruined that.

I enjoyed this line from someone called Guardian;

"As for the other teams, the boycotts in store for them will see them struggle to stay ahead of the grim reaper."

He caught their lot easy enough.

Obvious the Orc tactic with the SFA is run it to the wire before accepting terms. Same way they treated paying bills when Minty ran Mordor.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    This whole fiasco gets harder to figure out by the day, where the hell is Chick Young, i need him to clear a few of these things up for me?

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    So Rangers (whether NewCo or OldCo) are to get away with 10 years of cheating and all they will suffer is a meaningless retrospective adjustment of the record books. They knowingly withheld information on their players' contracts from the SPL and will get away with it, when lowly Spartans were thrown out of the Scottish Cup for an administrative error. This is not right. And they get the benefits of the OldCo connection - i.e. direct entry to the SFL. I'd be interested in the HMRC view of the requirement for NewCo to selectively pay some of the creditors of OldCo. Stinks.
    Sorry but I disagree on that being meaningless. Stripping old hun of titles won when cheating means a lot - the huns will hate it and we know what Sally said about never accepting thhat. I'd like them totally killed off as much as anyone else but that ain't go happen. So if someone had said this time last year that the huns would go to SFL3, lose most of their players, be banned from signing other players for two transfer windows, have most of the titles they won during the 90s and zeros stripped from them, be fined £160k and be banned from Europe for 3 years I would have bitten that someone's hand off to see that. Sure, only some of this is punishment in the strict sense of the word but taken as a whole I think I'd be happy with this.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    Assuming I haven't missed something, is the ownership of Ibrox et al still unclear?
    GG
    I was one of those particularly sceptical about that. I think, on the balance of probabilities, that Sevco did indeed take possession of the properties. However, I still haven't seen any proof. It is also possible that they have been sold to another company since then.

What is sure, though, is that BDO (when appointed) will be making their own investigations into the property transfer, and the related value.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I was one of those particularly sceptical about that. I think, on the balance of probabilities, that Sevco did indeed take possession of the properties. However, I still haven't seen any proof. It is also possible that they have been sold to another company since then.

What is sure, though, is that BDO (when appointed) will be making their own investigations into the property transfer, and the related value.
    There are various murmurings suggesting Ticketus still have some claim on some seats in Snake Mountain and that's what Bomber Brown is bumping his gums about. Hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by woodythehibee View Post
    Deano, Black, Beattie etc all being offered around £7k per week. Makes you sick that a club with all their financial difficulties and plying their trade in Div 3 can pay these amounts of money.

I'd still love to know where they are getting the money from to pay these stupid/crazy wages for 3rd division football.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    I'd still love to know where they are getting the money from to pay these stupid/crazy wages for 3rd division football.
    My guess is that it's a gamble. Sign "big" players, thereby attracting the ST sales.... the approach favoured by many on here. If it works, all well and good... success will breed success.

If it doesn't, Sevco will be in administration by the end of the year.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 26-07-2012 at 06:47 PM.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    Sorry but I disagree on that being meaningless. Stripping old hun of titles won when cheating means a lot - the huns will hate it and we know what Sally said about never accepting thhat. I'd like them totally killed off as much as anyone else but that ain't go happen. So if someone had said this time last year that the huns would go to SFL3, lose most of their players, be banned from signing other players for two transfer windows, have most of the titles they won during the 90s and zeros stripped from them, be fined £160k and be banned from Europe for 3 years I would have bitten that someone's hand off to see that. Sure, only some of this is punishment in the strict sense of the word but taken as a whole I think I'd be happy with this.
    Here's the thing, though. Since this time last year the Huns have behaved in such an utterly ****like way that what you might have then imagined happening to them as severe is no longer so. Boot them oot!

My guess is that it's a gamble. Sign "big" players, thereby attracting the ST sales.... the approach favoured by many on here. If it works, all well and good... success will breed success.

Yep, it also shows that they have learned nothing, given it was mostly due to this type of policy which got them into the mess they`re in. A dangerous game to play.

Quote Originally Posted by reallapsedhibee View Post
    Here's the thing, though. Since this time last year the Huns have behaved in such an utterly ****like way that what you might have then imagined happening to them as severe is no longer so. Boot them oot!
    Fair point and I'd love that but it's not going to happen. If Oldco are stripped of titles along with the rest of the package I'm happy to leave it that and move on. Not, however, until we get to 20,000 posts on this thread

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    He's in Paisley, watching old Rangers, er I mean St. Mirren matches on VHS tapes out his attic

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This whole fiasco gets harder to figure out by the day, where the hell is Chick Young, i need him to clear a few of these things up for me?

@hibs.net private member

Oldhun were already the most successful football club in the world. That didnt go so well.

Sevco have been removed from the SFL website and Ramsden Cup fixtures.
    Do they know something we don't ??

http://www.scottishfootballleague.co...l/third/table/

http://www.scottishfootballleague.co...-cup/fixtures/

They are still on the BBC sites as The Rangers FC, first game on Sunday at Brechin in the Challenge Cup.

Will they have the licence in time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/...e-cup/fixtures

The BBC may no longer list them as a team on their SPL page, but they're still willing to list Sevco stories there despite "McGregor to Besiktas" having no SPL involvement whatsoever.

How many other Third Division clubs are given such undue prominence?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSo View Post
    Sevco have been removed from the SFL website and Ramsden Cup fixtures.
    Do they know something we don't ??

http://www.scottishfootballleague.co...l/third/table/

http://www.scottishfootballleague.co...-cup/fixtures/
    The S.F.L. ‏@OFFICIAL_SFL
    Please note the http://scottishfootballleague.com

website is being updated at the present time. League tables fixtures etc are therefore not complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    The BBC may no longer list them as a team on their SPL page, but they're still willing to list Sevco stories there despite "McGregor to Besiktas" having no SPL involvement whatsoever.

How many other Third Division clubs are given such undue prominence?
    He's not a Sevco player, though. He is, however, a current Scotland player, so there will be plenty interest.

Maybe there should be a page dedicated to "stateless" players?

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

Interesting
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post

Interesting
    That looks brilliant

Regardless of what way the decision may go, this is utterly ridiculous, and I can appreciate the anger building. 2 days before the SFL season begins and there is no decision!

Which of course means if Rangers get a no, there's no time to offer the slot to other clubs! This entire mess should have been done and dusted within a week of liquidation.

Does anyone know what happens if Rangers/Sevco don't get accepted ?! Is it Spartans that get the nod, Cove Rangers !?

And with a week or so to go is it possible to instate them !? This is all getting nuts !

Wouldn't surprise me if they formed a 14 team SPL with Rangers back in and include Dundee & Dunfermline, saves legal action.

Other latest this morning

Sky and ESPN will show 65 matches per season from the SPL & Div 3 if RFC Newco are granted a license.

Kenneth Mure QC named as man tasked with ruling on Rangers' Big Tax case

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...6908-23913367/

@hibs.net private member
    In the DR article (I know) linked above, EY's Neil Patey is quoted as saying there will be about £1m available for payment to creditors.
    Surely D&P could have gained more for the creditors than £1m by selling all the players and selling the Rangers assets individually? The money due from Everton for Jelavic was more than that - just looked at D&P report saying there was £3.8m due from other football clubs.
    Their management of this insolvency is looking increasingly incompetent, or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by YehButNo But View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if they formed a 14 team SPL with Rangers back in and include Dundee & Dunfermline, saves legal action.

Other latest this morning

Sky and ESPN will show 65 matches per season from the SPL & Div 3 if RFC Newco are granted a license.

Kenneth Mure QC named as man tasked with ruling on Rangers' Big Tax case

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...6908-23913367/
    Irresponsible reporting from the Daily Record. There is no reason to publish the names of those on the Tribunal. Indeed, RFC could have a case against HMRC for breach of confidentiality.