hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 61 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263711111615611061 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 44390
    Whilst I can understand Stewart Regan hasn't replied on Twitter to the Rangerstaxcase - I agree with the last tweet; the SPL and SFA better be preparing themselves to answer some fairly blunt and tricky questioning re: Rangers, registrations, finances, 'fit and proper' owners, etc. UEFA are apparently watching with interest re: player registrations.

The SFA and SPL aren't at fault for Rangers' demise, but the time has come to take Scottish football forward on a more sustainable and equitable footing, including the introduction of a club licensing system and requirements for supporter representation to improve transparency and accountability of those who own the clubs.

There will never be a better time to change Scottish football for the better.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, my previous post was supposed to have quoted this...
    Thanks for that.

Wow, it just goes on and on.

I am wondering how many of these directors understand the notion of collective responsibility.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moff1875 View Post
    Whilst I can understand Stewart Regan hasn't replied on Twitter to the Rangerstaxcase - I agree with the last tweet; the SPL and SFA better be preparing themselves to answer some fairly blunt and tricky questioning re: Rangers, registrations, finances, 'fit and proper' owners, etc. UEFA are apparently watching with interest re: player registrations.

The SFA and SPL aren't at fault for Rangers' demise, but the time has come to take Scottish football forward on a more sustainable and equitable footing, including the introduction of a club licensing system and requirements for supporter representation to improve transparency and accountability of those who own the clubs.

There will never be a better time to change Scottish football for the better.
    I'd be astonished of the the SFA and SPL are not taking very detailed advice and considering several "what ifs", and that they are doing this with input from UEFA also. Rangers are essentially a big local story, but the ramifications could be as wide ranging as the Bosman ruling.

Totally agree that the opportunity to change and improve for the benefit of the whole senior game is real. I'll judge the SFA/SPL at the end of the process when we see the future shape of the game after the rangers situation resolves itself.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    If they're shown to have cheated as the Daily Mail is reporting, then surely the SPL must have no option than to expel them from the league. What we're seeing here is a team blatantly flouting the rules on a huge scale to get success at the expense of other SPL clubs. It has gone way, way beyond a slap on the wrist.

The SPL cannot condone this, no matter how big the club and how important to Scottish football some might think they are. Would they be so important if they'd not cheated their way to success in the way that they have?

Punt them from the league and let their club die.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I don't doubt that the accounts have been prepared. They just haven't been signed off yet, either by the directors, the auditors, or both.

It is likely that there has been some disagreement over the content of the accounts or the auditors' report. The substance of that disagreement could only be guesswork at the moment. However, it may be that some of the information established by the admins might help those issues to be rddesolved.

I do think that the admins will be working with the auditors, with a view to having the accounts signed off by 31 March. Doing that, and ensuring European football, will make RFC more attractive to a buyer. Maximising the sale price would maximise the return to the creditors.

Don't think signing off the accounts will be enough-I suspect they have to be approved by the shareholders in an AGM and I think 3rd March is the final day to give notice of calling an AGM before 31st March.

Given that to the rest of the football world Scottish football IS the Old FIrm the ramifications of this situation for the football authorities are huge.

Coaching Staff
    Anyway, back to Cat Cubie. Good looking girl but is she aware her stomach isn't really flat enough for some of the gear she wears?

As for the Shearer girl, I can't decide if she is good or not? I'm thinking probbaly yes but something is not quite right. Is her head too big for the rest of her?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Anyway, back to Cat Cubie. Good looking girl but is she aware her stomach isn't really flat enough for some of the gear she wears?

As for the Shearer girl, I can't decide if she is good or not? I'm thinking probbaly yes but something is not quite right. Is her head too big for the rest of her?

I think she keeps some of her equipment(ooh matron)broadcasting equipment in the area mentioned.

Not a patch on Sally Magnusson anyway.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab

It's her eyes, something not right about them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Sorry, my previous post was supposed to have quoted this...
    WOW - cat well and trully out of bag it would seem!

Found this bit pretty interesting - "Adam's revelation suggests a clear breach of the SFA rulebook - and is a potential embarrassment to current SFA president Campbell Ogilvie, who had a 27-year association with Rangers, many of them spent as secretary.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1nxOmkpO8"

Ogilve MUST go IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Don't think signing off the accounts will be enough-I suspect they have to be approved by the shareholders in an AGM and I think 3rd March is the final day to give notice of calling an AGM before 31st March.

Given that to the rest of the football world Scottish football IS the Old FIrm the ramifications of this situation for the football authorities are huge.
    Hasn't the AGM already happened? If it has, then the accounts issue would have been deferred.

I'm not an expert in the whole area of notice periods.... most of my clients don't have AGM's....but I am sure there are provisions for shorter notice periods.

Also, the SFA may well accept accounts that have been approved by the Board, and signed off by the auditors, without being adopted by the shareholders. Unlikely, sure, but it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    WOW - cat well and trully out of bag it would seem!

Found this bit pretty interesting - "Adam's revelation suggests a clear breach of the SFA rulebook - and is a potential embarrassment to current SFA president Campbell Ogilvie, who had a 27-year association with Rangers, many of them spent as secretary.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1nxOmkpO8"

Ogilve MUST go IMO.
    Don't agree. If he is guilty, let him squirm as each detail seeps out into the press. Wait until there is irresistible pressure to investigate it properly.

And then hang the *******

And then hang the *******

Not before investigating what he got up at the Gorgski Kirkus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Not before investigating what he got up at the Gorgski Kirkus.
    Oh, that goes without saying.

I have said it before, but this thread is just the appetiser for the main event.....

On a similar topic, I'm watching SSN just now, were widescreen tvs invented so that they could fit Hayley McQueens chest on to the screen?

SFA inquiry findings to go to Special Board meeting next week

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish...36&newsID=9417

This bit is particularly enlightening:-

"We are, however, aware of the most recent allegations made against Rangers FC today by a former director of the club. We shall investigate this matter thoroughly before making any further comment."

And, just when you thought the Whyte laddie was getting an easy day of it today....

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/h...-fear.16903554

Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    And so he should - a blogger on a public forum asks a question on twitter and then takes the hufty that he doesnt get an answer. Twitter is hardly the place for in depth investigative journalism, especially from a tweeter with a clear agenda. For Regan to have replied would have been genuinely appaling.

And you are being overly cynical. One thing Regan has done is wipe away a lot of the "blazers" and committees to make things structurally more sensible. I also dont think that a single body would be in the best interests of the the total game, but that's a different argument and would constitute a thread hijack.

Twitter is definitely not the place to discuss the ongoing investigations. However he could have said as much himself.

The replacement of the various authorities has been discussed at length many times and I dont see the need to hijack this thread and start it all over again, but on a similar vein - has anyone heard anything about UEFA being involved, or closely watching the SFA/SPL response to the RFC situation officially, or is it just wild speculation on our part?

And, just when you thought the Whyte laddie was getting an easy day of it today....

Probably the first time I have seen a quote from Danny Alexander that made sense!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    What's the latest news? Will there be players released today?

@hibs.net private member JoeTortolanoFanClub's Avatar
    When was this?

Oh, and sod the 1993 League Cup.... I want the 1979 Cup ... with Arthur credited with the winning goal!
    If Rangers' record is scrubbed from the 1994-95 Premier Division, don't we win it ? Motherwell finished in second just above us in third but I think they took more points off Rangers than we did.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post

Twitter is definitely not the place to discuss the ongoing investigations. However he could have said as much himself.

The replacement of the various authorities has been discussed at length many times and I dont see the need to hijack this thread and start it all over again, but on a similar vein - has anyone heard anything about UEFA being involved, or closely watching the SFA/SPL response to the RFC situation officially, or is it just wild speculation on our part?
    Phil Mac insinuated has tweeted that he had brought the player contract/registration situation to UEFA's attention and weren't exactly enamoured - most recent one today

Phil MacGiollaBhain‏@Pmacgiollabhain

It would be foolish for anyone at Hampden to think for one second that UEFA is not fully aware of the 2nd Contract situation at RFC. #clipe

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar

I still don't recall seeing the scope of the inquiry but if they are in the final stages of it already it makes you wonder how in-depth it can have been.
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTortolanoFanClub View Post
    If Rangers' record is scrubbed from the 1994-95 Premier Division, don't we win it ? Motherwell finished in second just above us in third but I think they took more points off Rangers than we did.
    Quick look at Wiki says yes - If you take out results against Rangers, Motherwell drop from 54 points to 48 (2 wins, 2 defeats v. Rangers), we drop from 53 to 49 (1 win, 1 draw, 2 defeats) and Celtc drop from 51 to 44 (2 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat).

Hibs 49
    Motherwell 48
    Celtc 44

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    I still don't recall seeing the scope of the inquiry but if they are in the final stages of it already it makes you wonder how in-depth it can have been.
    Unless the inquiry was purely into the RFC players contracts lodged with the SFA? Cant really be to do with the tax case or administration as they are ongoing, plus the fact they are aware of the story in the Daily Mail makes me think they have been looking at least in that direction. Possibly as a prelude to them being in breach of the articles of association and booting RFC out?

SFA should have published the terms of reference for sure.

Blog Entries
    Pure speculation on my part, but you'd think the investigation is over areas that the SFA have jurisdiction over, as opposed to the huns day-to-day corporate governance, which is a legal/administrative manner. The things they'd be investigating would probably be quite focussed, relatively narrow and probably different compared to what Stratchclydes Finest are considering. If this is the case, the inquiry into the correctness of player registration, the "fit and proper person to be a director" thing etc could presumably be undertaken and decided upon quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Quick look at Wiki says yes - If you take out results against Rangers, Motherwell drop from 54 points to 48 (2 wins, 2 defeats v. Rangers), we drop from 53 to 49 (1 win, 1 draw, 2 defeats) and Celtc drop from 51 to 44 (2 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat).

Hibs 49
    Motherwell 48
    Celtc 44

I want the SC fae whenever it was 78-79 or 79-80

So who has first call, then, on the £3.6m 'seized' in CB's account today by the hun administrators if the lawyers go to the wall?

This just gets better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    So who has first call, then, on the £3.6m 'seized' in CB's account today by the hun administrators if the lawyers go to the wall?

This just gets better and better.
    Square go in the Albion car park. Sell tickets. Increase the funds for creditors. Sorted.

Now the serious answer:- if it's in CB's Clients Account, it belongs to the client. No argument.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 02-03-2012 at 12:06 PM.