hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 589 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 894895395795875885895905915996396891089 ... LastLast
Results 17,641 to 17,670 of 44390
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Have we worked out who their main "Taig" rivals are gonna be in each division on the way up? They can stop pretending it's all about football after todays vote.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitlochry hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It has been said that Dundee are not allowed to vote, but Dunfermline are. Can anyone explain that for me, because there hasn't been a decision on who, if anyone, will replace Rangers (RIP) in the SPL
    Lawyers have stated all 30 clubs entitled to vote.

Great to see the statements from teams like Alloa, Peterhead, Raith Rovers and Clyde.

I'm ashamed of the way Hibs and the other SPL clubs have acted though.

Sporting integrity Rod says knowing full well they'll try and force SFL clubs to ignore sporting integrity and be blackmailed- very poor.

Maybe this kind if corruption is common place in football and we just don't usually hear about it?

I'd be a lot more comfortable supporting Hibs financially if those involved in operation Donkeycaster were to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    Smith is a tramp, that is all.
    I've met him and he's a decent guy but he's a ka hunt when it comes down to ra Gers/OF are be all and end all.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Off to Newcastle today for work so I just hope that the borders will be open when I come back tonight...giving all the chat about social anarchy blahblahblah

Just really hoping it is a decision for the 3rd division today and we can draw a line under this shambles and everybody can get back to worrying about Hibs prospects next season.

If it is div3 .... What a prospect for a new dawn for Scottish football.

I just hope the administrators of our game dont conspire to screw that up as well ..... because their handling of this farce has been a disaster.

I hope there is no vote today. Ideally it will drag on until it's too late for newco to play anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    Alloa latest to say GTF to Regan and Doncaster.

This now has nothing to do with the currants and is all about a power struggle. If this is the best that Doncaster and Regan can dish up then I expect resignations to be penned when the vote and swing of power goes against them tomorrow afternoon.

Alloa says D3
    It was mentioned on the news on TV last night, before the Alloa statement was released, that the meeting today is being chaired by the Alloa secretary. I find that rather interesting.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    On BBC Scotland this morning, John Yorkston confirmed that Dunfermline will vote for SFL3 and he was pretty confident that the majority of clubs would be of a similar view.

He was spoke about the delay in the decision as to whether it is Dunfermiine or Dundee for the SPL place. He said that, if the vote goes against Newco going into SFL1, the SPL are likely to meet again on Monday and vote them into the SPL.

If that was to happen, then Regan's 'death of scottish football' nightmare would become a reality.

Smaller clubs totally disregarded.
    No mention of the small clubs often pivotal role within their respective communities.
    "lack of ambition" aimed at the smaller club (probably because they dont spend their way to oblivion)
    Other fans "motivation" questioned, no mention that cheating may be part of it.
    Criminality only mentioned by the Englishman.
    No mention of defrauding the taxman, and the state, of the best part of £100m.
    Why do they argue about the economics when, clearly, the Rangers model has been proved to be flawed. And probably illegal.
    No mention of the £1m saved by Strathclyde Police, and god knows how much by the NHS and support agencies.
    Smith seems to think Sevco are still Rangers. If they pay their bills Gogs they will be.
    TV deal and "Rupert" gets what he wants when Rupert has not let on what he wants, in fact he looks like he couldnt care less. maybe he has bigger worries? Shurely not.
    (perhaps we should phone Sky to cancel the sports package as they might not be showing SPL football next season. All the pundits are telling us this? I will call today)
    No mention that Rangers have been trying to leave Scottish football for nearly 20 years now. Every slightly ambivalent comment by anyone remotely connected with teh English leagues has been seized upon as positive.
    Why do they all try to drag Celtic into Rangers mess?

Seems like Smith, MacPherson and the like, are part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    I loved Archie and Smith continually questioning the "motivation" of some fans wanting "Rangers" to be put in Div 3 (i.e. treated like ANY OTHER CLUB). Talk about hypocrisy ? Smith was banging on about 54 league titles, 4 euro finals, blah blah as if that's a logical reason to treat them preferentially. Alex Thomson is the only one who is not driven by their emotions or have a vested interest in supporting "Rangers".

So, once Regan and Doncaster resign today (as they should), people like Smith and Archie should be retired and fresh views/ideas and commentators brought in. New refs from abroad, new commentators (get Alex Thomson signed up !), new media and some of the SFL Chairmen promoted to higher positions within the game. Let the cleansing begin...

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    I've met him and he's a decent guy but he's a ka hunt when it comes down to ra Gers/OF are be all and end all.
    Finding one good thing to say about him, I'll volunteer that he caused stunned silence one Saturday afternoon on a BBC Radio Scotland hunlovein with Young and Traynor by openly stating that he, Smith, was a Rangers fan. He all but challenged the others to there and then give up their St Mirren and Airdrie pish, which naturally they didn't.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I hope there is no vote today. Ideally it will drag on until it's too late for newco to play anywhere.
    I'm undecided between
    No vote
    or
    Division 3 followed by Green walking away and Sevco getting liquidated.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Any idea what time the vote is today. Want to know when I may get some good news

The meeting is a waste of time and money. Just get the SFL club chairmen to email in their decisions. It'll save them dragging their beer bellies and ill-fitting suits up the Hampden steps in the hope of being glimpsed on Reporting Scotland.

Division 3 for the New Huns and they should consider themselves lucky they are not down in the West of Scotland Juniors.

Left by mutual consent!
    We need to see some common sense today, this will be a new club with no business history, we do not know if they will be run well or have what it takes to complete a season, the last thing we need if they are not able to run with new club is this carry on again.

The only thing that can and should be done is go by the rules more than ever. No club should ever be given the chance to come in at this level especially one with no proof they can actually run it behind them. Division 3 it has to be and if run well and they win it then they earn their spot if they fail to get the club running then it is nice and easy to remove them for your Spartans etc. They would already be getting done a favour getting in ahead of some clubs anyways.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Personally i think that time has come and gone.
    Just over 2 weeks before the season kicks off. No business plan, no team, no ground (Green claims to have Ibrox but liquidators will review that), insignificant season tickets sales.

If they can't fulfil their initial fixtures, then are they going to accept 3-0 defeats or will they argue against it?
    I cant see how their application for SFL3 would be approved over any other team who have the above in place.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    I'm undecided between
    No vote
    or
    Division 3 followed by Green walking away and Sevco getting liquidated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    We need to see some common sense today, this will be a new club with no business history, we do not know if they will be run well or have what it takes to complete a season, the last thing we need if they are not able to run with new club is this carry on again.

The only thing that can and should be done is go by the rules more than ever. No club should ever be given the chance to come in at this level especially one with no proof they can actually run it behind them. Division 3 it has to be and if run well and they win it then they earn their spot if they fail to get the club running then it is nice and easy to remove them for your Spartans etc. They would already be getting done a favour getting in ahead of some clubs anyways.
    If there's any doubt at all that SevcoHuns can complete the season, there should be no question of them being admitted to any division of the SFL. Those diddy club chairmen who want to see details of SevcoHun ownership etc before they vote on anything are spot on.

I still firmly believe, come Monday evening, the huns will be Club 12 playing in the SPL

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edinburghhibee View Post
    I think its embarrassing that an English journo is the only person talking any sense on this subject within the media. When Smith started talking about "most league titles, 4 European finals..." someone had to step in and ask him how many of these titles have been won by cheating and clearly spending well outwith their means.
    A question for Gordon, if I may.

In 2000, Spain won the gold medal medal for basketball at the paralympics.

It was subsequently discovered that none of their players had any form of disability.

Do you agree, that Spain should have been allowed to retain their gold medal?

And do you agree that Ben Johnson's 100 metre world record time of 9.79 seconds lasted for 13 years until it was finally beaten by Tim Montgomery in 2002?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Well if I didn't despise Traynor enough already, his piece today pleading not to put rangers in the 3rd has sealed the deal.
    Rangers to the 1st is for the greater good apparently.
    And of the lower league clubs - "they are little more than unambitious social clubs within their communities".
    He describes anyone wanting rangers in the 3rd as jackasses.
    P.s - I only bought the paper because of the vote today

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Well if I didn't despise Traynor enough already, his piece today pleading not to put rangers in the 3rd has sealed the deal.
    And of the lower league clubs - "they are little more than unambitious social clubs within their communities".
    Between that and the drivel by Burley I really hope these clubs refuse them entry altogether. Then we'll see what the next move is by the 'sporting integrity' people of the SPL when their plans tae bully, blackmail and bribe these clubs have backfired.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 13-07-2012 at 08:56 AM.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

Your Call on BBC going to be a hoot next season, Traynor taking calls from incensed Sevco supporters complaining about getting lost on the way to Elgin or Peterhead and getting a up hedge up their backside in Brechin.

Might have time to take a few calls from non-Old Firm fans, that's assuming Traynor still is employed by the BBC.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    The meeting is a waste of time and money. Just get the SFL club chairmen to email in their decisions. It'll save them dragging their beer bellies and ill-fitting suits up the Hampden steps in the hope of being glimpsed on Reporting Scotland.

Division 3 for the New Huns and they should consider themselves lucky they are not down in the West of Scotland Juniors.
    I don't know why but I can't wait for reporting scotland tonight

@hibs.net private member
    Imagine describing his club, Airdrie, like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingertosser View Post
    I still firmly believe, come Monday evening, the huns will be Club 12 playing in the SPL
    If so then safe to say Scottish football is finished. No one will go back.

Left by mutual consent!
    The Telegraph does't pull its punches on the stewardship of Regan and Doncaster.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...thorities.html

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingertosser View Post
    My dread scenario.

Would explain why no decision on Dundee or Dunfermline though, I've never been able to work out the delay on that one.

@hibs.net private member
    By the way, if I was a Director of an SFL club I would ban him until he apologised.