hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 57 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859671071575571057 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by ****pile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that is true, then Dunfermline are sailing close to the wind too. A real hand to mouth existence.
    Beeb Radio just reported that the Dunfy story is true.

Also that Daily Rankger saying that 11 players are to go from Castle Greyskull, plus all others will have to take substantial wage cuts.

I'll get a link if I can....
    Last edited by ancienthibby; 01-03-2012 at 07:02 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancienthibby View Post

Also that Daily Rankger saying that 11 players are to go from Castle Greyskull, plus all others will have to take substantial wage cuts.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...medium=twitter

Papac and Alexander are 2 of the players most likely to be axed at Rangers. McCulloch is also singled out.
    Last edited by Www1875hfc; 01-03-2012 at 07:06 AM.

Here's what the Hootsmon is saying, 7 to go they day.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba..._axe_1_2145982

Here is the DR story:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/03...6908-23770531/

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar

Just heard that they're releasing 11 players and the ones who aren't being released must take a 50% wage cut.

It was on Radio Scotland though, so it could well be a load of bollox!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Auld View Post
    Just heard that they're releasing 11 players and the ones who aren't being released must take a 50% wage cut.

It was on Radio Scotland though, so it could well be a load of bollox!
    Whatever the numbers, it's inevitable that a club in administration has to make drastic savings, including in relation to players. It will be interesting to see which of them are released immediately and which are sold on when the transfer window opens. Happy days.

The only downside of the cull, and the consequent doom and gloom at Murray Park is that they face the Yams on Saturday which could gift them points, which nobody wants to see!

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Patience, good sir, I feel it's just warming up.

One more big pay-day for RFC this weekend, and then.... KABOOM.

And don't forget.... once this saga is over, we have the main feature of Slaughter on Ardmillan Avenue
    And then I log in this morning to find out that 11 are being released and the rest are taking a 50% pay cut.

You see this is what we want, a good news story to start the day! My contract runs out on Monday, and I've just been told it's not getting renewed, so I'm out of work next week, but who cares?! :

With regard to the Ticketus money, did the £24M not include an additional loan of £6M to pay back some of the original load that CW/RFC couldn't afford at the time?

Interesting quotes from HMRC in this article from yesterday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17213691

Quote Originally Posted by ****pile View Post
    If that is true, then Dunfermline are sailing close to the wind too. A real hand to mouth existence.
    This will only further their argument that Scottish football need a healthy Rangers.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    This will only further their argument that Scottish football need a healthy Rangers.
    I think the current set up requires a healthy old firm, however i think what people want is a revamped set up with a more equal share of money, a more competitive league and a bigger league so that smaller teams have got a chance of winning more games.

I don't have a clue how many games dunfermline have won this season but possibly about 5 or 6? of course they aren't going to have a big fan base as they could do, i bet if they were playing against more clubs of a similar standard and won more games this season they'd get more fans back IMO.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Interesting quotes from HMRC in this article from yesterday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17213691

The statement is almost word for word a copy of the statement they issued about Rangers. Hope they are going to stick to their guns especially in the Huns case.

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    Football in this country is dying on its arse anyway so something has to change and if that something is those ****my gits going out of business then i am a happier man.
    Very true. Rather than slowly fading away it would be good to have something to fight for.

Dunfy have had a double whammy £80,000 from Rangers and a postponed home game that cost them £50,000, against Killie , they run a very tight ship ,they pay there bills infact the amount due to HMRC is only £44,000 a couple of high earners wages at Ibrox .

Dundee Utd are due £100,000 ,who because of the situation they are in could decide to handle all ticket sales themselves when Rangers visit Tannadice in a week or so.

Rangers IMO dont give a toss about anybody else , there supporters more so ,I just think that someone maybe even the SFA should be looking out for the 2 teams affected by this scenario rather the the club that caused it all.

When are the The Suits going to come out with something regarding the situation the kick-on effect to the rest of the countries football clubs , there silence has been deafening ,or are they just waiting to see what happens at Ibrox , then work around it anyway they can to accomdation them ,which is what I believe may very well happen .

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    With regard to the Ticketus money, did the £24M not include an additional loan of £6M to pay back some of the original load that CW/RFC couldn't afford at the time?
    It was explained to me (about 30 pages ago ) that the £24m was supposed to cover 3 years, starting with the current season. The first payment of £6m to Ticketus was due at the start of this season, but RFC couldn't make it. So the deal was extended to 4 years.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cad View Post
    Dunfy have had a double whammy £80,000 from Rangers and a postponed home game that cost them £50,000, against Killie , they run a very tight ship ,they pay there bills infact the amount due to HMRC is only £44,000 a couple of high earners wages at Ibrox .

Dundee Utd are due £100,000 ,who because of the situation they are in could decide to handle all ticket sales themselves when Rangers visit Tannadice in a week or so.

Rangers IMO dont give a toss about anybody else , there supporters more so ,I just think that someone maybe even the SFA should be looking out for the 2 teams affected by this scenario rather the the club that caused it all.

When are the The Suits going to come out with something regarding the situation the kick-on effect to the rest of the countries football clubs , there silence has been deafening ,or are they just waiting to see what happens at Ibrox , then work around it anyway they can to accomdation them ,which is what I believe may very well happen .

You can bet your house on that being the case. Derhun will come out of this smelling of roses, of that I have no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by cad View Post

Lord Nimmo Smith?

Only as a surface analysis it looks like that, a proper root cause analysis would easily spot that the problem lies in the dwindling crowds of the SPL in it's entirety. A situation that has been pored over a hundred times on here but bullet point

• small and uncompetitive league
    • uneven distribution of wealth
    • 11 -1 voting system inhibiting fairness
    • unwillingness of governing body to promote fairness and parity of all member clubs
    • Pandering to TV companies re: scheduling, alienating fans

Just for starters, what I find incredible is media fuds bemoaning the state of the Scottish game and yet arguing for the status quo with regards to needing the huns, cause and effect IMO and I'm looking at you Traynor....twat.

Quote Originally Posted by EuanH78 View Post
    Only as a surface analysis it looks like that, a proper root cause analysis would easily spot that the problem lies in the dwindling crowds of the SPL in it's entirety. A situation that has been pored over a hundred times on here but bullet point

• unwillingness of governing body to promote fairness and parity of all member clubs

Just for starters, what I find incredible is media fuds bemoaning the state of the Scottish game and yet arguing for the status quo with regards to needing the huns, cause and effect IMO and I'm looking at you Traynor....twat.
    Is this Jim Traynor, who has been calling for the changing of the 11-1 system?

Quote Originally Posted by EuanH78 View Post

I agree with all of that though the here and now is that if the club did not have the debt it has a drop in crowds could be managed by wage caps, limited squad size etc. The problem is they have a debt they have to service and the lenders in the current environment are not in a mood to be generous. The root cause of the problems as you listed above have to be addressed but the problem I still have is that the Clubs who have to have some say in what a workable structure is going forward have the noose of debt around their neck and any decision they make is going to be taken with that being the primary consideration.

We need a Greekesque debt write-off for all clubs but it ain't going to happen. How much is in the SPL coffers?

I do think as you rightly point out there are people who have been on the governing body who have been negligent in the extreme for a number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    And then I log in this morning to find out that 11 are being released and the rest are taking a 50% pay cut.

You see this is what we want, a good news story to start the day! My contract runs out on Monday, and I've just been told it's not getting renewed, so I'm out of work next week, but who cares?! :

You get a Contract for selling pegs nowadays? How times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Is this Jim Traynor, who has been calling for the changing of the 11-1 system?
    Must have missed that Cropley, to be fair to me though it must be a recent change from his 'all things OF' sycophancy (i think I just made that word up) and he's still a fud anyway.

I agree with all of that though the here and now is that if the club did not have the debt it has a drop in crowds could be managed by wage caps, limited squad size etc. The problem is they have a debt they have to service and the lenders in the current environment are not in a mood to be generous. The root cause of the problems as you listed above have to be addressed but the problem I still have is that the Clubs who have to have some say in what a workable structure is going forward have the noose of debt around their neck and any decision they make is going to be taken with that being the primary consideration.

We need a Greekesque debt write-off for all clubs but it ain't going to happen. How much is in the SPL coffers?

I do think as you rightly point out there are people who have been on the governing body who have been negligent in the extreme for a number of years.
    I cant argue against what you say as I agree, but the alternative is the status quo which is totally unworkable. Luckily I think there are enough clubs that could take the haircut (not painlessly I might add) Hibs being one of them, to give this a chance of change being pushed through.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Chris Mclaughlin from the BBC has said on twitter that it'll be tomorrow before players are released.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Can you sign player released through administration?
    If so Neil Alexander would be ideal for us IMO
    Must agree, N A would be a good signing

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Chris Mclaughlin from the BBC has said on twitter that it'll be tomorrow before players are released.
    Could this be a delay in the hope that they get access to the £6M in CW's lawyers account?

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Could this be a delay in the hope that they get access to the £6M in CW's lawyers account?
    No, they're negotiating with McCoist in terms of who gets the heave.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    https://twitter.com/#!/BBCchrismclaug

Just in case anyone wanted a link

@hibs.net private member
    Rangers supporter here in the office saying "they (the government) could have given some of the money "they wasted" on the Titian to help Rangers out".
    Really, who do they think they are?

Still hasn't sunk in that
    1. the mess is of their own making,
    2. It has not suddenly happened and is not Ticketus/all Whyte's fault
    2. no-one owes them anything
    3. No-one, apart from Rangers supporters, wants them saved or thinks they should be treated as a special case

Sad thing is he is normally a level headed guy.

Doubt I will rush along to see the artwork in question but if it kept the money out of Rangers' hands it was well spent!