hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 56 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758661061565561056 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    what we get

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    .....................Craig Whyte and he deserves us

or

.....................no sympathy from anyone as we are ****

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thinking back about a year, there was a group of Gers supporters formed an action movement whose slogan was

" We Deserve Better "

I remember them getting interviewed outside Ibrox, incandescent with rage because their Bank was not allowing a huge transfer budget.

I wonder what their slogan is today ? We deserve -------? any suggestions
    a guid slap in the puss for wir cheek.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Thinking back about a year, there was a group of Gers supporters formed an action movement whose slogan was

" We Deserve Better "

I remember them getting interviewed outside Ibrox, incandescent with rage because their Bank was not allowing a huge transfer budget.

Oblivion.

" We Deserve Better "

... a news update on redundancies?
    Seriously, I've been using this thread to cheer myself up, and there hasn't been any good news for days now. Isn't it time for some slash and burn techniques Duff & Phelps?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    ... a news update on redundancies?
    Seriously, I've been using this thread to cheer myself up, and there hasn't been any good news for days now. Isn't it time for some slash and burn techniques Duff & Phelps?
    Patience, good sir, I feel it's just warming up.

One more big pay-day for RFC this weekend, and then.... KABOOM.

And don't forget.... once this saga is over, we have the main feature of Slaughter on Ardmillan Avenue

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    Have the administrators had the meeting with players yet about cuts in playing staff?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

And don't forget.... once this saga is over, we have the main feature of Slaughter on Ardmillan Avenue

McLeod Street, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    McLeod Street, surely?

The music is Slaughter on Tenth Avenue..... and I couldn't think of any other avenues anywhere near

Nightmare on McLeod Street works though....

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quite ironic that followfollow appear to be conducting a concerted campaign against Collyer Bristow by bombarding them with emails, calling them and hanging up and when you click on the Collyerbristow web page you are met with "How to they deal with Cyber Harassment and how they can help"...I wonder if they are currently preparing a case against the FF admin team

http://www.collyerbristow.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Quite ironic that followfollow appear to be conducting a concerted campaign against Collyer Bristow by bombarding them with emails, calling them and hanging up and when you click on the Collyerbristow web page you are met with "How to they deal with Cyber Harassment and how they can help"...I wonder if they are currently preparing a case against the FF admin team

http://www.collyerbristow.com/
    ... and some people call our admin pricks bad?...

Still a huge number of things to come to light, including:

On what authority do Craigie White's London lawyers hold a mandate over undistributed funds? Who is the real owner?

If the Ticketius deal was to be set aside, does that not mean that Lloyds/HBOS received their paydown via illegal funds and so should as well be set aside?

Would it not be total anathema for Ticketus to be bumped out and yet Lloyd escape free??

Then again, there is the issue of the asset sale to T, which is surely legitimate in the normal course of business, as has been the outcome in a number of cases. If the T deal goes wrong in this case, does that not invalidate T's deals with other footie clubs??

Gamer IDs

The music is Slaughter on Tenth Avenue..... and I couldn't think of any other avenues anywhere near

Nightmare on McLeod Street works though....

Now, is that from the ballet of the same name, or the album by the late Mick Ronson?

Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    Now, is that from the ballet of the same name, or the album by the late Mick Ronson?

Both... It's a wonderful piece of music, and Ronno did it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by ancienthibby View Post
    Still a huge number of things to come to light, including:

On what authority do Craigie White's London lawyers hold a mandate over undistributed funds? Who is the real owner?

If the Ticketius deal was to be set aside, does that not mean that Lloyds/HBOS received their paydown via illegal funds and so should as well be set aside?

Would it not be total anathema for Ticketus to be bumped out and yet Lloyd escape free??

Then again, there is the issue of the asset sale to T, which is surely legitimate in the normal course of business, as has been the outcome in a number of cases. If the T deal goes wrong in this case, does that not invalidate T's deals with other footie clubs??
    Steady, AH... I am hearing the Soap theme again.

Steady, AH... I am hearing the Soap theme again.
    Aye, that's a wee bit of magic!

Oh, and I am still convinced that former and current RFC directors could (should?) be found guilty of wrongful trading!! Maybe not fair on the likes of J Greig (who should never have been a director in the first place), but CW and his associates don't have much room to manouvre??

Blog Entries
    Pretty sure it's Season Tickets only. The number 100,333 is in my mind.

Not sure, though, if that figure is spread evenly, or whether it's a TOTAL for the four years. ie if only 10,000 are sold in year 1, there are still 90,000 carried forward to years 2-4.
    You would also think that ticketus will own the seats, so if it's 25k seats per season the Hun can't sell them as they are already bought. The Hun can't sell them to the unwashed hordes just turning up.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    You would also think that ticketus will own the seats, so if it's 25k seats per season the Hun can't sell them as they are already bought. The Hun can't sell them to the unwashed hordes just turning up.
    There's a potential lovely irony here, TC!

If Ticketus do legally own the seat tickets (which ST buyers would own for a season) then do they not have the right to sell the spaces where the seats are??

If they do not, then RFC could re-sell the 'space' that the ST seats take up, but not the seats themselves, so we'd be left with a 48K SRO stadium at Ipox??

Not advocating it, of course, but it does set you thinking!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I do hope that one of the admin team will change the title of this thread to 'Rangers Liquidated' if and when the time comes. There aren't enough smilies in the world that could capture the moment!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I do hope that one of the admin team will change the title of this thread to 'Rangers Liquidated' if and when the time comes. There aren't enough smilies in the world that could capture the moment!
    It also conjures up a nice, mental picture.......

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    With apologies to Frank Sinatra...

Rangers stuffed by Whyte
    The fans are all nervous
    Rangers in the [rhymes with "light"]
    It could be curtains
    Something dont seem right
    Rangers are in the [rhymes with "light"]

Do-be-do they're screwed
    De-do-be-do-be
    Do-be-do they're screwed
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Pars only able to pay 60% wages to their own players, Alan Preston hinting that rangers due money causing problems

Pars only able to pay 60% wages to their own players, Alan Preston hinting that rangers due money causing problems
    That's bound to be an issue, but I can't help thinking DAFC were struggling anyway. Poor crowds.... the closing of the stand....they have lost £1.5m in the past two seasons.... the writing was on the wall, but the RFC debt has probably pushed them too far.

Sometimes relegation can be good for a club, and it may be what DAFC "need". Get rid of the highest earners, start again with kids.

I hope they survive, even if they have to go part-time.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 29-02-2012 at 08:06 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    That's bound to be an issue, but I can't help thinking DAFC were struggling anyway. Poor crowds.... the closing of the stand.... the writing was on the wall, but the RFC debt has probably pushed them too far.

Sometimes relegation can be good for a club, and it may be what DAFC "need". Get rid of the highest earners, start again with kids.

I hope they survive, even if they have to go part-time.
    Cropley what really annoys me about this whole situation is since it has cropped up i have (sorry) kept an eye on the Rangers forums, mainly The Bears Den and the attitude from people on there makes me sick. Its full of comments like "f*** them if they dont want us then lets join League 2 in England" or "I just dont understand the hatred from the rest of the SPL when we made the league what it is".

Clearly they just cant see why ppl might be angry with them cheating not only scottish football but also the ordinary tax payer then they are more stupid than i ever gave them credit for.

I hope the worst happens to them i really do and in all honesty if that has a knock on effect for the rest of Scottish Football then so be it. Football in this country is dying on its arse anyway so something has to change and if that something is those ****my gits going out of business then i am a happier man.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    apparently david healey is only one game away from triggering a clause for a 12 month extension

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    Cropley what really annoys me about this whole situation is since it has cropped up i have (sorry) kept an eye on the Rangers forums, mainly The Bears Den and the attitude from people on there makes me sick. Its full of comments like "f*** them if they dont want us then lets join League 2 in England" or "I just dont understand the hatred from the rest of the SPL when we made the league what it is".

Clearly they just cant see why ppl might be angry with them cheating not only scottish football but also the ordinary tax payer then they are more stupid than i ever gave them credit for.

I hope the worst happens to them i really do and in all honesty if that has a knock on effect for the rest of Scottish Football then so be it. Football in this country is dying on its arse anyway so something has to change and if that something is those ****my gits going out of business then i am a happier man.
    This
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Can you sign player released through administration?
    If so Neil Alexander would be ideal for us IMO

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Can you sign player released through administration?
    If so Neil Alexander would be ideal for us IMO
    Think from memory with the gretna situation the answer to that is technically no, however if they appeal to uefa they may be allowed.

Might be talking pish with that though

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post

Probably because most "the people" on those sites are stupid laddies who think that football didn't exist before Sky (or, in Rangers' case, Souness).

If that is true, then Dunfermline are sailing close to the wind too. A real hand to mouth existence.