hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 53 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455631031535531053 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redford Raj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why are we so up our a@@@ about rankers lets celebrate that we are the Hibees and not in financial bother. Let the rankers die in misery
    Celebrating nice Balance Sheets isn't fun.

Schadenfreude is.

And, if you think 53 pages on the lingering agony of RFC is up our ass, just wait until it's the Hertz' turn....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    What players do you think will be away?

Hopefully all of them
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Testimonial Due
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8x_59EjZOs&sns=em

Sorry if already posted. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Celebrating nice Balance Sheets isn't fun.

Schadenfreude is.

And, if you think 53 pages on the lingering agony of RFC is up our ass, just wait until it's the Hertz' turn....
    I can't wait for that!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    I heard that Kyle lafferty is going to be the first one punted. Supposedly if he plays two more games for rangers then rangers owe burnley fc something like £500K, which is obvious they don't have and I think the admins have told ally that he can't play as they can't fork out £500K. Heard it from a mate at work who is a rangers season ticket holder.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    I heard that Kyle lafferty is going to be the first one punted. Supposedly if he plays two more games for rangers then rangers owe burnley fc something like £500K, which is obvious they don't have and I think the admins have told ally that he can't play as they can't fork out £500K. Heard it from a mate at work who is a rangers season ticket holder.
    Crumbs off their table we are Hibees 'we maybe the new people'.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Might be the reason he's been "injured" for so long!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Have a feeling lee wallace will be the next casualty as rangers owe the yams £800K. Be so funny if that is the case.

Have a feeling lee wallace will be the next casualty as rangers owe the yams £800K. Be so funny if that is the case.
    Wouldn't affect the amount they owe, though.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar

No, but we have touched upon that fact that there will be a lot of innocent people/ companies involved through no fault of their own

Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    No, but we have touched upon that fact that there will be a lot of innocent people/ companies involved through no fault of their own
    The poor wee lambs.....

what have the Sun and the Sun on Sunday have found out about Rankers. ****** all just the date for the Independence Referendum and the Scotsman and Scotsman on Sunday about Hearts ****** all the same. Alec Salmond

what have the Sun and the Sun on Sunday have found out about Rankers. ****** all just the date for the Independence Referendum and the Scotsman and Scotsman on Sunday about Hearts ****** all the same. Alec Salmond
    Thanks for that, Alec.

Thanks for that, Alec.
    I agree Cropley was a god. Alec Salmond was maybe Hearts supporter. How does a person who was born and bred a sheep becomes a Hearts Supporter the mind boggles.

I agree Cropley was a god. Alec Salmond was maybe Hearts supporter. How does a person who was born and bred a sheep becomes a Hearts Supporter the mind boggles.
    He was born and brought up in Linlithgow.

Blog Entries
    He was born and brought up in Linlithgow.
    Which I would hasten to add does not make one a yam

Plus Lee Wallace is saleable. Villa were interested.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    Which I would hasten to add does not make one a yam
    Have we got a nickname for a Linlithgow Rose supporter? Maybe a yamette because of the colour of their strip!

Have we got a nickname for a Linlithgow Rose supporter? Maybe a yamette because of the colour of their strip!
    A Bo'ness United fan without the bus fare?

A Bo'ness United fan without the bus fare?
    Shall we forward this to David Cameron

Shall we forward this to David Cameron
    Lost me

Quote Originally Posted by At The Edge View Post
    its more a hybrid central scotland accent in livingston,
    although when you visit the centre you would think you were in Glasgow with the amount of infirm strips and other tat on.
    Harthill is currently midway through its hun relief fortnight, clanking buckie bottles together in appreciation of all things orange in a desperate attempt to raise funds
    :pfgwa
    try going to Asda at the Jewel aboot 1am in the morning if your looking for fat lassies fae the Pans or Turnent wearin' Rangers/Celtic strips.the bit I dinnae get on here tho' is calling somedae a weegie, if they have a bit of a west twang, say words like aff, instead o' oaf, geezabrek, instead o' give me a break etc. I was brought up in a wee mining village (Newcraighall) and we had loadsa different twangs fae shotts/benhar tae nitten/gorebrig, halbeath/cowdenbeath, dozens of wee slang words that are all part o' Scotland, or mainly the central belt. the village was mair like a mussie/fisherow accent although now part o' Edinburgh but ah cannae mind o' any Corstorphine or Morninside accents at ma wee school, and I'm proud o' that!. A best mate's auld man spoke wi' a broad Shotts accent but wisnae classed as a weegie/underclass and i've worked wi' some top guys fi Glesga' guys over the years, jist dinnae cunderstand this weegie bit! I do hope for the worst though,for Rangers. and I do mean that, not "Glasgow Rangers" which is not the club's name.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    In all the talk about players about to be made redundant, I don't recall seeing any suggestions that the manager might be shown the door. It happened with Dundee so why not at Castle Greyskull ?

' Gie's a job, Sue !'

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    In all the talk about players about to be made redundant, I don't recall seeing any suggestions that the manager might be shown the door. It happened with Dundee so why not at Castle Greyskull ?

' Gie's a job, Sue !'

McCoist has stated he does not want anything to do with trimming the playing squad. Dereliction of duty in my opinion,may'be he is looking for an exit route but dos'nt want to be seen as a rat leaving a sinking ship.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    McCoist has stated he does not want anything to do with trimming the playing squad. Dereliction of duty in my opinion,may'be he is looking for an exit route but dos'nt want to be seen as a rat leaving a sinking ship.

Since the day he punched Mark Fulton from behind, I've always liked this description of him.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Maybe he wants to leave it to Duff & Phelps to choose them from a purely financial perspective? Although getting rid of Sally might save a fair wedge as well. Do they have any other first team coaches that could do the job? Might also save on their pie bill as well, come to think of it!
    Maybe he knows he is getting the boot, which is why he doesnt want to choose players to go as well. Might be seen as bad form (which presumably would be a first from him)?

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    Maybe he wants to leave it to Duff & Phelps to choose them from a purely financial perspective? Although getting rid of Sally might save a fair wedge as well. Do they have any other first team coaches that could do the job? Might also save on their pie bill as well, come to think of it!
    Maybe he knows he is getting the boot, which is why he doesnt want to choose players to go as well. Might be seen as bad form (which presumably would be a first from him)?
    Doesn't want to get his hands dirty making the necessary, difficult decisions. Cowardly IMO, but that about sums Sally up eh?

Okay, here is today's topic for discussion, guys. Yet another twist:-

http://m.dailyrecord.co.uk/ms/p/tmg/...638956&cat=SPL

The lawyers among us can explain the legal issues, particularly the difference between Scots and English Law.

However, from my perspective, if the Ticketus deal is set aside, it has the following implications.

1. RFC get all their own season ticket money for the next few seasons.

2. Ticketus get stiffed for the £24m. They would then either pick that up through insurance, or through the guarantee that CW says he made.

3. CW/RFCG's security comes back into play.

Pretty significant, IMO.

Thoughts?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    try going to Asda at the Jewel aboot 1am in the morning if your looking for fat lassies fae the Pans or Turnent wearin' Rangers/Celtic strips.the bit I dinnae get on here tho' is calling somedae a weegie, if they have a bit of a west twang, say words like aff, instead o' oaf, geezabrek, instead o' give me a break etc. I was brought up in a wee mining village (Newcraighall) and we had loadsa different twangs fae shotts/benhar tae nitten/gorebrig, halbeath/cowdenbeath, dozens of wee slang words that are all part o' Scotland, or mainly the central belt. the village was mair like a mussie/fisherow accent although now part o' Edinburgh but ah cannae mind o' any Corstorphine or Morninside accents at ma wee school, and I'm proud o' that!. A best mate's auld man spoke wi' a broad Shotts accent but wisnae classed as a weegie/underclass and i've worked wi' some top guys fi Glesga' guys over the years, jist dinnae cunderstand this weegie bit! I do hope for the worst though,for Rangers. and I do mean that, not "Glasgow Rangers" which is not the club's name.
    Ach, after defending you in one thread, you go and post this!

Why are you proud that you can't remember if there were any Morningside or Corstorphine accents in your class at school?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Okay, here is today's topic for discussion, guys. Yet another twist:-

http://m.dailyrecord.co.uk/ms/p/tmg/...638956&cat=SPL

The lawyers among us can explain the legal issues, particularly the difference between Scots and English Law.

However, from my perspective, if the Ticketus deal is set aside, it has the following implications.

1. RFC get all their own season ticket money for the next few seasons.

2. Ticketus get stiffed for the £24m. They would then either pick that up through insurance, or through the guarantee that CW says he made.

3. CW/RFCG's security comes back into play.

Pretty significant, IMO.

Thoughts?
    So Rangers are in effect, stealing from Ticketus or from their insurance company?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!