hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 502 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 24024524925005015025035045125526021002 ... LastLast
Results 15,031 to 15,060 of 44390
    Your last 2 posts have been outstanding DBS. If skanko79 is looking for reasons as to why the sevco situation is getting so many peoples backs up he need look no further.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Apologies if posted earlier. I thought this was a good summary of just how ludicrous / pathetic the SFA proposals are. It defies belief that they have the gall to put this forward with a straight face.

http://wingsland.podgamer.com/the-lead-parachute/

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More analysis of the SFL proposal document.......

http://wingsland.podgamer.com/the-lead-parachute/
    As someone who is so utterly bored with this long-running circus, I confess to not having yet read the proposal document.

But this link provides an excellent summary of it, at the same time showing it up for what it really is.

That document has Doncaster's grubby paw-prints all over it. Time for him to receive his jotters.

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    As someone who is so utterly bored with this long-running circus, I confess to not having yet read the proposal document.
    But this link provides an excellent summary of it, at the same time showing it up for what it really is.

That document has Doncaster's grubby paw-prints all over it. Time for him to receive his jotters.
    I read it yesterday and didn't realise that I had. I thought I was reading a spoof document posted on the internet as satire. Those responsible should be ashamed.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by gramskiwood View Post
    That's an excellent summary as well - as all his blogs have been on this subject.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    With the current set up in Scotland, they have a lot more chance of getting in to SFL3 than anything down here. They would need to be based in England and most likely apply for step 7 (bottom division of Northern League), which is the equivalent of where FC United of Manchester began, although special dispensation was given to the 'new' Chester club to begin two league higher in the Northern Premier Division One.
    West Lancs is step 7, would want that manky mob in that league :)

Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    You make it sound so simplistic !
    The OP I think was looking at the overall picture
    This is about economics not sentiment and many of Div 3 clubs depend on the Directors putting their hands in their pockets on a regular basis to help the club simply survive.
    I have friends involved with the running of three Div2/3 clubs and it is simply hand to mouth .
    OK reorganisation is an option but is surely a short term fix
    There are so many alternative hobbies/pastimes available that people are not drawn to football as they were in the 1960's
    I played , early 50's , for a club now in Div 3 and we could look for 4/5000 for home games now it is 4/450

Sorry but can't see the problem be solved with the number of clubs we have at present .
    You were a Hun..

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I’m now personally getting to the point where I think it’s possibly already too late for me to maintain any interest in our farce of a national sport. I say this because the game’s supporters shouldn’t need to be engaged in vociferous protest, simply in order that our administrators enforce natural justice, fair play and sporting integrity on a league of association football. But it’s difficult to have any confidence in a body of people, whom, without fan power pushing them, would almost certainly have admitted Rangers straight back into the SPL, without any serious penalties.

I was briefly proud of my own club and Rod Petrie, believing we had done the correct and only possible thing, to the extent that I immediately renewed my season ticket. Now I see that this was merely a snide, patronising concession and I regret ever having invested this confidence.

I’m truly heartbroken that Hibernian, which has been synonymous with the triumph of the underdog and an ethos of class and integrity, as exemplified by its greats such as Smith, Stanton and Sauzee, has been inextricably caught up in this undignified mess that Scottish Football has become. And it’s become this way because it has allowed a member club to become bloated on bigotry and sectarianism, and afforded it an entitled place in our national game out of all proportion to what it should be. As a result the administration of the game has attracted shysters, fellow travellers and their craven apologists. They are unfit to run football and it pains me to say this, but FIFA should kick us out of the world game right now, until we establish that we can run the sport pursuant with the ethos of fair play by pre-agreed rules.

This incident reflects shockingly on us as a country. Some will say that it only proves we cannot be trusted to run our own affairs, others will argue that the culture of dependency has made us shrink back and sit on our hands while the lunatics who have taken over this particular asylum masturbate frantically while it burns down around us. Whatever one’s view of the grubby proceedings, in retrospect it now seems as if we have been on this inevitable collision course for decades. We should not be having this discussion, not heading for this defining moment in Scottish Football, simply on the basis of the corruption of one member club. All that should happen is that the simple rules of the association are enforced. That ship has probably sailed now; it looks as though we are heading for a cataclysmic meltdown of our national game, with probable outside intervention, and that might not eventually be a bad thing, as it may offer the last chance to resurrect something positive from this mess.

I’m very angry right now, as evidently, are many other long-term supporters of Scottish football. I know so many of them who have invested financially, physically and emotionally in their clubs over the years, often at the expense of those other things in life. I know that so many of them now feel cheated and duped, like they have gone along with a scam perpetuated by mealy-mouthed confidence tricksters, who will lie, twist and squirm to maintain a wrecked and suffocating status quo. Right now, the people who run our game have a hell of a lot of work to do in order to convince me and many other soon-to-be ex fans, that there is any point whatsoever in investing in their succulent lamb, sashes-and-flutes-pandering WWF toytown league.

Probably the best post I have ever read on this site and sums up my own feelings precisely.

I've supported Scottish Football for forty five years and suffered many agonies in that time - none more so than on the nineteenth of last month, but its all too much now. Even if the Hun do start again in Division Three, the intent has always been there to get them back in the SPL at all costs with minimum punishment. That Scottish Football is corrupt there is no doubt, and it looks increasingly likely that our own chairman is one of the main driving forces behind it.

IMHO the Hun should have been allowed to die. As DBS says, this whole farce reflects badly on Scotland as a country. I grew up in a town in central Scotland where 90% of my contempories were Rangers supporters. I could not understand it then and it remains a mystery to me to this day. How can other wise - some of them - intelligent decent people switch to being vile foul mouthed bigots as soon as football is mentioned and not see how stupid the whole thing is? I have already told my son, never to give his opinion in discussions about Rangers and Celtic with people he doesn't know as he will likely end up with a sore face or worse. These two football clubs - the former especially - are nothing but a cancer at the heart of Scottish society and we would be far better off without them both.

But for me it doesn't matter anymore what happens with the Huns now because I have already had enough and bought two season tickets for myself and my son at St James Park next season.

And do know what?

Am looking forward to it so much, I can't wait.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Regardless of what happens to THEM now, there will always be a bad wiff left behind.

I've always viewed the SPL as a bit of a joke, but now its gotten to the point where I can no longer view them as a football league. It doesn't deserve that title.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post

Probably the best post I have ever read on this site and sums up my own feelings precisely.

I've supported Scottish Football for forty five years and suffered many agonies in that time - none more so than on the nineteenth of last month, but its all too much now. Even if the Hun do start again in Division Three, the intent has always been there to get them back in the SPL at all costs with minimum punishment. That Scottish Football is corrupt there is no doubt, and it looks increasingly likely that our own chairman is one of the main driving forces behind it.

IMHO the Hun should have been allowed to die. As DBS says, this whole farce reflects badly on Scotland as a country. I grew up in a town in central Scotland where 90% of my contempories were Rangers supporters. I could not understand it then and it remains a mystery to me to this day. How can other wise - some of them - intelligent decent people switch to being vile foul mouthed bigots as soon as football is mentioned and not see how stupid the whole thing is? I have already told my son, never to give his opinion in discussions about Rangers and Celtic with people he doesn't know as he will likely end up with a sore face or worse. These two football clubs - the former especially - are nothing but a cancer at the heart of Scottish society and we would be far better off without them both.

But for me it doesn't matter anymore what happens with the Huns now because I have already had enough and bought two season tickets for myself and my son at St James Park next season.

And do know what?

Bang on with that, even if the right thing gets done now, the whole thing will be a terrible stain on Scottish fitba and leaves a bad taste in the mouth. If the right thing is done now they'll have done it because they were forced in tae it and no because it was the right thing tae dae. It's been proven that the people running (ruining) the game in this country are entirely incapable of doing the right thing. Instead they continue to come across as what they are, a bunch of twisted, myopic, self interested, gravy train riding shysters and old firm sycophants who couldn't give a toss about anyone or anything but themselves as long as they can still feather their nests.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 30-06-2012 at 10:32 AM.

the sun reporting less than 1000 ST have been bought so far

I’m now personally getting to the point where I think it’s possibly already too late for me to maintain any interest in our farce of a national sport. I say this because the game’s supporters shouldn’t need to be engaged in vociferous protest, simply in order that our administrators enforce natural justice, fair play and sporting integrity on a league of association football. But it’s difficult to have any confidence in a body of people, whom, without fan power pushing them, would almost certainly have admitted Rangers straight back into the SPL, without any serious penalties.

I was briefly proud of my own club and Rod Petrie, believing we had done the correct and only possible thing, to the extent that I immediately renewed my season ticket. Now I see that this was merely a snide, patronising concession and I regret ever having invested this confidence.

I’m truly heartbroken that Hibernian, which has been synonymous with the triumph of the underdog and an ethos of class and integrity, as exemplified by its greats such as Smith, Stanton and Sauzee, has been inextricably caught up in this undignified mess that Scottish Football has become. And it’s become this way because it has allowed a member club to become bloated on bigotry and sectarianism, and afforded it an entitled place in our national game out of all proportion to what it should be. As a result the administration of the game has attracted shysters, fellow travellers and their craven apologists. They are unfit to run football and it pains me to say this, but FIFA should kick us out of the world game right now, until we establish that we can run the sport pursuant with the ethos of fair play by pre-agreed rules.

This incident reflects shockingly on us as a country. Some will say that it only proves we cannot be trusted to run our own affairs, others will argue that the culture of dependency has made us shrink back and sit on our hands while the lunatics who have taken over this particular asylum masturbate frantically while it burns down around us. Whatever one’s view of the grubby proceedings, in retrospect it now seems as if we have been on this inevitable collision course for decades. We should not be having this discussion, not heading for this defining moment in Scottish Football, simply on the basis of the corruption of one member club. All that should happen is that the simple rules of the association are enforced. That ship has probably sailed now; it looks as though we are heading for a cataclysmic meltdown of our national game, with probable outside intervention, and that might not eventually be a bad thing, as it may offer the last chance to resurrect something positive from this mess.

I’m very angry right now, as evidently, are many other long-term supporters of Scottish football. I know so many of them who have invested financially, physically and emotionally in their clubs over the years, often at the expense of those other things in life. I know that so many of them now feel cheated and duped, like they have gone along with a scam perpetuated by mealy-mouthed confidence tricksters, who will lie, twist and squirm to maintain a wrecked and suffocating status quo. Right now, the people who run our game have a hell of a lot of work to do in order to convince me and many other soon-to-be ex fans, that there is any point whatsoever in investing in their succulent lamb, sashes-and-flutes-pandering WWF toytown league.

Well written and some very good points.

This saga is rivaling the Edinburgh Tram saga - you do worry about society and the future of this country when there are people in high positions making terrible decisions.

It's a real shame as Scottish Football at a grassroots level is trying to get it's self sorted and right now all those so called role models and teams clubs these young kids want to play for are setting a terrible example.

If we think it's bad now think in 10 / 15 years and the game will be really struggling - all due to the monopoly of the Old Firm and I include Celtic as with them staying so quiet through this recently they are just as bad as that Ibrox lot.

And do know what?

St James Park is a fantastic stadium and like in many English grounds you can have a pint at half time. Its also right in the town centre so the pre and post match experience is really good too.

The Toon army are fantastic, they have been fed mostly crap for decades and yet still follow their team enthusiastically, you will be pushed to find many Man Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea glory hunters in the North East, fantastic fans.

Thats certainly what I want to see for Edinburgh The Lothians and for me The Borders .... A culture where supporting your local pro club, be that Hibs Hearts or Livingston is the natural thing to do and they day where the OF bigotry etc is a thing of the past along with unfairness and stupid voting systems.

So, to all of the fans out there who, like me, are willing to stay and fight for that ....... Cheers folks, we will get there.

I'm loving how that 'document' is being punted as changing the leagues, when all it seems to be doing is adding a play off place at the top and a pyramid at the bottom.

No attempt to address the boredom that is playing 4 times a season, the ridiculous split, the arguably too many clubs competing in the national leagues, the lack of a reserve league or question of 'B' teams that have been floated in the past etc etc etc.

It is simply a fudge to get Rangers back in, but worse it will no doubt close off the prospect of real and much needed change for years to come.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    I'm loving how that 'document' is being punted as changing the leagues, when all it seems to be doing is adding a play off place at the top and a pyramid at the bottom.

No attempt to address the boredom that is playing 4 times a season, the ridiculous split, the arguably too many clubs competing in the national leagues, the lack of a reserve league or question of 'B' teams that have been floated in the past etc etc etc.

It is simply a fudge to get Rangers back in, but worse it will no doubt close off the prospect of real and much needed change for years to come.
    Spot on. Scottish fitba is on it's erse and change is long overdue. Properly thought out change though, that will benefit all, no this hastily arranged, ill thought out sham, that as you say is for nae other reason but tae try and get newco huns in as high up the leagues as they can.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 30-06-2012 at 11:51 AM.

I have bought two season tickets for myself and my son at St James Park next season.

And do know what?

Welcome. Spurs (H) opening fixture. Reckon this will be better than Kille v. Club 12.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar

Bob...PLEASE send this as a letter to the Scotsman/Herald or somewhere like that. It needs to be read widely. Great post!

First Team Breakthrough HibbyRod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    St James Park is a fantastic stadium and like in many English grounds you can have a pint at half time. Its also right in the town centre so the pre and post match experience is really good too.

The Toon army are fantastic, they have been fed mostly crap for decades and yet still follow their team enthusiastically, you will be pushed to find many Man Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea glory hunters in the North East, fantastic fans.

Thats certainly what I want to see for Edinburgh The Lothians and for me The Borders .... A culture where supporting your local pro club, be that Hibs Hearts or Livingston is the natural thing to do and they day where the OF bigotry etc is a thing of the past along with unfairness and stupid voting systems.

So, to all of the fans out there who, like me, are willing to stay and fight for that ....... Cheers folks, we will get there
    I'm with you BOVRIL !

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Brando7 View Post
    the sun reporting less than 1000 ST have been bought so far
    I near shat myself there, at first I forgot what thread I was on and thought that was OUR season ticket sales!!

Then I near pished myself when I realised it was the former currant buns...
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Looks like SFL 3 now for Rangers if they are lucky

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    Bob...PLEASE send this as a letter to the Scotsman/Herald or somewhere like that. It needs to be read widely. Great post!
    Couldnae agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I near shat myself there, at first I forgot what thread I was on and thought that was OUR season ticket sales!!

Then I near pished myself when I realised it was the former currant buns...
    Shame they havenae sold more...all going to the creditors, isn't it?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by BarneyK View Post
    Shame they havenae sold more...all going to the creditors, isn't it?
    True. This boy Green's going to have to have very deep pockets to cover the running of the club for the next few years. I'd think his consortium will all have squeeky bums the now as well, what a ridiculous 'investment' buying Rangers was.

The only way he'll get any return, realistically, is to sell the property.

Can't say I'm upset about any of this, frankly.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Good, hope all the SFL clubs vote against it, that'll hopefully stuff their blackmail plans for an SPL 2 as well if naebody wants tae join it.

Any chance of a copy and paste of the statement, for whatever reason the page with the statement winnae load fo me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Good, hope all the SFL clubs vote against it, that'll hopefully stuff their SPL 2 plans as well if naebody wants tae join it.

Any chance of a copy and paste of the statement, for whatever reason the page with the statement winnae load fo me.
    Club Statement: Reconstruction Proposal

Sat, 30th Jun 2012 12:48pm
    The Club has received a set of papers in advance of the SFL meeting on Tuesday. The essential intent behind those papers is to induce the SFL clubs to agree a proposal to allow a Newco to enter the SFL in the 1st Division in exchange for a range of structural changes to the current set up and some small financial inducements. Some of the proposed changes have merit in principle.
    The Board believe that any proposals for change should not be rushed, as these have been. They also have to be done by consensus and not through threat or inducement, again, as these have been.
    The papers include a proposal to allow a Newco to enter the 1st Division. This is contrary to the rules of the SFL and nothing within the papers justifies this proposal.
    As a club owned by its supporters and recovering from having been on the brink of extinction, the Board of Clyde Football Club recognise the damage done to the credibility of Rangers Football Club by its successive owners, and the subsequent impact on staff and supporters. These proposals do nothing to restore that credibility.
    It is not for us to become involved in punishment, that is a matter for the SPL and SFA. The SFL clubs are being asked to change their rules so that the SPL and SFA can apply sanctions that fit short term financial interests.
    It is not for us to tell any club what they should want for themselves, but to enter anywhere other than the 3rd Division risks Rangers Football Club being burdened with the legacy of commencing its rebuilding in a manner that they later look back on with regret. Rangers Football Club does not need to be handed a competitive advantage, they are more than capable of returning to the SPL via the 3rd Division on their own merit. Rebuilding from the bottom can restore the dignity stripped from the club by its former owners.
    The papers use emotive language to threaten a future of financial meltdown and they carry the implication of the destruction of the game should a Newco not be entered in the 1st Division. If things are as bad as indicated then Scottish Football is in a far worse state than is being acknowledged. In which case it is time to accept the bankrupt model needs fixed and not supported and perpetuated on the back of this proposal. The fact that other clubs might face similar financial distress because Rangers Football Club enter the 3rd Division is hardly a reason to compromise the integrity of the SFL and further compromise Rangers Football Club.
    Rather than attempting to prepare a soft landing before delivering sanctions, it would be better to contemplate more radical change that might actually underpin financial stability in the long term for clubs that balance their books. Perhaps an amnesty from sanctions for clubs that are forced to face insolvency procedures in the next 2 years as a result of the current turmoil, and an automatic entry to the 3rd Division for any club liquidated and reformed in similar circumstances. This would allow 2 years to properly restructure the Scottish Game for the benefit of all and undo the damage that has been created by the current structure which encourages club directors to trade integrity for cash, and then spend beyond their means, willingly risking the very existence of football clubs. If we could believe that the game could be less self interested long enough to resolve this, then this, and other far better ideas, might be worth contemplating.
    SPL clubs that have openly stated their opposition to a Newco being given immediate access to the SPL have taken the position based on their, and at times, their supporters' view of what is the right thing to do, however, the vote has still to be taken and proposals such as these are premature. If the SPL clubs vote as indicated on the basis of the increasingly discredited notion of sporting integrity, it would be questionable if the SFL clubs did otherwise.
    The reality is that we are faced with unique circumstances and it would be foolish to pretend otherwise, that probably means that compromise for some is inevitable, and perhaps even worthwhile for everyone in the long term. The solution however is not this hastily cobbled together proposal.
    The Board of this club sees no merit whatsoever in adopting this proposal.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    True. This boy Green's going to have to have very deep pockets to cover the running of the club for the next few years. I'd think his consortium will all have squeeky bums the now as well, what a ridiculous 'investment' buying Rangers was.

The only way he'll get any return, realistically, is to sell the property.

Can't say I'm upset about any of this, frankly.
    ...if, to bang my usual drum, he does own it.

Even if he does, if he sells it for substantially more than he paid for it, the creditors of RFC may well have a case for suing him for the profit. If he is an asset stripper, I reckon his plan was to make money from selling the players. That worked.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    Club Statement: Reconstruction Proposal

Sat, 30th Jun 2012 12:48pm
    The Club has received a set of papers in advance of the SFL meeting on Tuesday. The essential intent behind those papers is to induce the SFL clubs to agree a proposal to allow a Newco to enter the SFL in the 1st Division in exchange for a range of structural changes to the current set up and some small financial inducements. Some of the proposed changes have merit in principle.
    The Board believe that any proposals for change should not be rushed, as these have been. They also have to be done by consensus and not through threat or inducement, again, as these have been.
    The papers include a proposal to allow a Newco to enter the 1st Division. This is contrary to the rules of the SFL and nothing within the papers justifies this proposal.
    As a club owned by its supporters and recovering from having been on the brink of extinction, the Board of Clyde Football Club recognise the damage done to the credibility of Rangers Football Club by its successive owners, and the subsequent impact on staff and supporters. These proposals do nothing to restore that credibility.
    It is not for us to become involved in punishment, that is a matter for the SPL and SFA. The SFL clubs are being asked to change their rules so that the SPL and SFA can apply sanctions that fit short term financial interests.
    It is not for us to tell any club what they should want for themselves, but to enter anywhere other than the 3rd Division risks Rangers Football Club being burdened with the legacy of commencing its rebuilding in a manner that they later look back on with regret. Rangers Football Club does not need to be handed a competitive advantage, they are more than capable of returning to the SPL via the 3rd Division on their own merit. Rebuilding from the bottom can restore the dignity stripped from the club by its former owners.
    The papers use emotive language to threaten a future of financial meltdown and they carry the implication of the destruction of the game should a Newco not be entered in the 1st Division. If things are as bad as indicated then Scottish Football is in a far worse state than is being acknowledged. In which case it is time to accept the bankrupt model needs fixed and not supported and perpetuated on the back of this proposal. The fact that other clubs might face similar financial distress because Rangers Football Club enter the 3rd Division is hardly a reason to compromise the integrity of the SFL and further compromise Rangers Football Club.
    Rather than attempting to prepare a soft landing before delivering sanctions, it would be better to contemplate more radical change that might actually underpin financial stability in the long term for clubs that balance their books. Perhaps an amnesty from sanctions for clubs that are forced to face insolvency procedures in the next 2 years as a result of the current turmoil, and an automatic entry to the 3rd Division for any club liquidated and reformed in similar circumstances. This would allow 2 years to properly restructure the Scottish Game for the benefit of all and undo the damage that has been created by the current structure which encourages club directors to trade integrity for cash, and then spend beyond their means, willingly risking the very existence of football clubs. If we could believe that the game could be less self interested long enough to resolve this, then this, and other far better ideas, might be worth contemplating.
    SPL clubs that have openly stated their opposition to a Newco being given immediate access to the SPL have taken the position based on their, and at times, their supporters' view of what is the right thing to do, however, the vote has still to be taken and proposals such as these are premature. If the SPL clubs vote as indicated on the basis of the increasingly discredited notion of sporting integrity, it would be questionable if the SFL clubs did otherwise.
    The reality is that we are faced with unique circumstances and it would be foolish to pretend otherwise, that probably means that compromise for some is inevitable, and perhaps even worthwhile for everyone in the long term. The solution however is not this hastily cobbled together proposal.
    The Board of this club sees no merit whatsoever in adopting this proposal.
    An excellent statement, it would seem after all with the statements from some of the SFL clubs there are people within fitba that know right from wrong, have a sense of fair play and justice and some moral fibre. It's a pity there are none within the corridors of power at SFA, in the SPL board room or at their clubs.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post

You might have to take out the 4th line of the 3rd paragraph though...

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    An excellent statement, it would seem after all with the statements from some of the SFL clubs there are people within fitba that know right from wrong, have a sense of fair play and justice and some moral fibre. It's a pity there are none within the corridors of power at SFA, in the SPL board room or at their clubs.
    Yes, well done Clyde. It's heartening to hear that there are still some people with a backbone in the Scottish game.